Looking for motivating friends on 1200 calorie diet!

Options

Replies

• nitaml
    nitaml Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also new to this site and I am in serious need of motivation. I am getting maried next year. My goal is to lose at least 37 lbs but I wouldn't mind losing a little more. I still have a year until the wedding; however, my goal is to lose the weight within 6 to 7 months. I am open to any advise that could help me reach my goal and I will help with motivation as well. :happy:
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Quick, someone keep track of all these names so when we see them again in 3-6 months complaining of no weight loss for 4-8 weeks, we can ask them....

If 1200 is minimum for safety reasons for sedentary people, like minimum building codes is for safety reasons only, but neither is for aesthetics, longevity, or performance - why would you want to do that to your body?

My name is Lisa and I will be here in 3-6 months. Everyone's body is different and everyone needs to find their own way. I eat a very healthy, clean diet with no processed foods and no fast foods and I exercise a bit and limit myself to 1,200 to 1,300 calories, rarely going above 1,250. At 1,500 calories I don't lose weight and at 1,600 I'm putting it on, exercise included. Look at my ticker....1,200 calories work for some people. I am one of them.
  • jaconda
    Options
    Gm, I am knew to this site and you can count me in. I am currently at 243 and my goal is 199. if i stick to the 1200 or less and work out 3 times a week for 60 mins how long do you think it will take me to lose the 44 pounds? Anybody feel free to answer
  • tamsinxx
    Options
    feel free to add me! xx
  • fitchefo
    fitchefo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jose and I am 34 years old. I just started this 1200 calorie diet on monday when I just noticed I was 275 pounds. The first day was pretty hard, but I am begining to handel it. My weakness is food in general. I really enjoy eating, but 275 is new record high for me. I weigh over half a ton. So Im calling my diet the " **** it, ill loose it myself diet". Todays weigh in was 262.5 pounds, so I have just lost 12.5 pounds in 3 days. I have to stick to it.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Gm, I am knew to this site and you can count me in. I am currently at 243 and my goal is 199. if i stick to the 1200 or less and work out 3 times a week for 60 mins how long do you think it will take me to lose the 44 pounds? Anybody feel free to answer

What is your BMR? To lose 1 pound per week, you must have a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day. You can get that by eating 500 calories less, or burning 500 calories more, or a combination of the two. If you lose 1 pound per week, it should take you 44 weeks to reach your goal.
  • get_fit_or_die_trying
    Options
    Did someone say Chocolate? *drool*

But no. I'm on the 1200 plan too. Add me. :)
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    Quick, someone keep track of all these names so when we see them again in 3-6 months complaining of no weight loss for 4-8 weeks, we can ask them....

If 1200 is minimum for safety reasons for sedentary people, like minimum building codes is for safety reasons only, but neither is for aesthetics, longevity, or performance - why would you want to do that to your body?

My name is Lisa and I will be here in 3-6 months. Everyone's body is different and everyone needs to find their own way. I eat a very healthy, clean diet with no processed foods and no fast foods and I exercise a bit and limit myself to 1,200 to 1,300 calories, rarely going above 1,250. At 1,500 calories I don't lose weight and at 1,600 I'm putting it on, exercise included. Look at my ticker....1,200 calories work for some people. I am one of them.

You are my new hero!
  • blacxican_too
    Options
    Good morning from TX. I'm new to the site, as well, joined yesterday to help keep my cousin motivated - as well as myself. I'm on a 1200 calorie daily allowance, too. Please feel free to add me!
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Why would you only want people who encourage you to undereat? Just curious.

If you don't have anything nice to say, why say anything at all? Just curious.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    1200 cals? I'd die.
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm also on a 1200 calorie goal...I've lost 18 pounds so far...32 to go! Feel free to add me. I love sweets too. I usually leave room for a WW or skinny cow bar every night! Helps me not crave the bad stuff all the time. :)
  • falsa_magra
    Options
    This site gave me the 1200 calorie diet, I only need to lose 3 kilos or so but pls feel free to add me, I have no friends here! ;)
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    1200 cals? I'd die.

Cuz you are a guy, and you aren't obese. But technically you would be able to live on that many, you would just lose weight and eventually look like the skinny guys in third world countries. But you wouldn't necessarily 'die'.
  • moswald2
    Options
    I am intrigued by your no calorie count day - so you have a day you eat whatever you want? Are you losing weight doing that? Just curious. I would love to have one of those days! LOL
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    1200 cals? I'd die.

Cuz you are a guy, and you aren't obese. But technically you would be able to live on that many, you would just lose weight and eventually look like the skinny guys in third world countries. But you wouldn't necessarily 'die'.

AI AI AI AI!
    I'm in the " third world countries" and not skinny :D
  • sloshe
    sloshe Posts: 3
    Options
    Me too!
  • sloshe
    sloshe Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey let's be diet friends! ;)
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i am on the 1200 plan..anyone feel free to add me! :) always need motivating friends!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a 20 lb loss, and eating restricted cal intake.

and am trying to learn healthier ways to get around my sugar/baking addiction.

I think a far off tropical holiday is the best idea for avoiding holiday family eating pressure (it can get bad with near force feeding in the south at in-laws) but am devising other strategies to avoid the annual holiday gains!