Looking for motivating friends on 1200 calorie diet!

Options

Replies

• CathyIngramDaigle
    Options
    Hi, I am on the 1200 calorie following the Mayo Clinic Diabetic Diet. Am doing the 2nd week of the "lose It" phase and feeling good about my progress. It focuses on dropping bad habits and adding healthy ones. Best tips for me was a bit on "mindless eating" such as eating while watching tv - habit kicked and eat at the table - habit adopted.
    I started at 213 and am not weighing until Monday to see how I did in the boot camp style start up - no snacks, no sugar, 60 mins/day of exercise
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I love to encourage plus get some in return. feel free to add me if you would like. I love friends.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    <---Netting less than 1200 and no where near 'starving'. As a 49 yo female, my BMR is much lower than a man, or a younger woman. I eat healthily, at a higher protein level, and don't eat junk anymore. I haven't been at this long enough to join the ranks of people who have succeeded long term with this regimen, but they are my inspirations that I can do it as well. So far in 7 weeks I am succeeding and feel fantastic already. Any like-minded women- feel free to add me if you want. Sorry guys, it's only a girls club.

And before anyone wants to tell me I am eating too little.. please save your breath. You work your plan and I will work mine.
  • CathyIngramDaigle
    Options
    Depending on your height and weight a 1200 calories diet is not undereating, especially if you are having 4 servings of vegs 3 of fruit and carbs are about 50% of those 1200 calories and protein is about 15% and fats 20%. It's a matter of choosing healthy carbs and proteins like whole grains and lean meats or fish. I am actually eating a lot more than I did before just much much healthier foods.
  • emzypemzy93
    Options
    Sure add me!! I'm on 1200 a day too and wanting to lose 50 lbs.. I've lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks already...
    Anyone else feel free to add me for support and motivation!! That's if you'll return the favour :P
  • luciluvspandas
    Options
    Hi I am new too and trying to lose 25lbs too and I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. =)
    Add me!
  • Sweetie_Sammy
    Options
    I want to loose 19lbs! Feel free to add me :)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    1200 cals? I'd die.

Cuz you are a guy, and you aren't obese. But technically you would be able to live on that many, you would just lose weight and eventually look like the skinny guys in third world countries. But you wouldn't necessarily 'die'.

AI AI AI AI!
    I'm in the " third world countries" and not skinny :D

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone who actually lives in a third world country :embarassed: Just making the point that he wouldn't LITERALLY die! At least not for awhile. :ohwell:
  • thorngirl
    thorngirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Gain about 25 pds due to getting off my pill and hitting 30.. Has not been a fun ride. Need to lose the pds. Dont like the folds in my back and a huge belly sticking out :(

I plan to stick to a 1200 cal diet plus moderate exercise.

Please add me as a friend is you have similar goals.... Would love to get some encouragement and definitely give some back :)

Cheers!
  • MotivatedMom712
    Options
    anyone fee free to add me, im on 1200 cal diet too!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey! I do the 1200 cal thing too. Feel free to add me! You can never have too many supportive friends :)

ETA: I LOVE sweets too!!
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Request sent
  • yngone
    yngone Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add me,.... I'm at 1240 per day right now, and getting good results .
    Have a ways to go to my goal, & I know I will have to readjust calories eventually as I get closer to it. But for now its working great for me.
    BTW I Love chocolate too, when I get a craving I fit it in my day via protein smoothies. Low cal unsweetened chocolate almond milk, YUMMY!
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    New to site & loving it. Has anyone tried Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels???
  • andonsmama
    Options
    I too am on the 1200 calorie diet and could use the extra support, recipes, ideas, and encouragement!!!! 40lb weight loss goal here, I started 3 weeks ago and down 8 lbs. Anyone add me as well :)
  • ETAWalker
    Options
    Hi there! You certainly can add me but I will tell you upfront that if you're on a 1200 calorie diet, most of those calories cannot come from sweets. You've got to add some veggies, proteins and other good stuff in there too. I'm not saying get rid of the sweets altogether. They bring something good to the table and body as well. I too have been averaging 1200 calories per day but I make sure to eat as healthy as I can and use the sweets as my treat for being so good.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a 1200calorie diet.

Its just a bare bones number given to people who are extremely obese.

Just friend everyone whos successful on MFP and call it a day!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200. I sometimes eat less during the week (900-1000) in order to build up some calories to use on the weekend. Works for me! I'm motivated and have been here since January, 70 pounds down with 10 to go, so add me if you like :)

x
    03428 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in a 1200 calorie goal, add me!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a 1200calorie diet.

Its just a bare bones number given to people who are extremely obese.

Just friend everyone whos successful on MFP and call it a day!

What?