This Guy .. Help?

Options
kmg033
kmg033 Posts: 6 Member
I've been debating putting this out as a discussion post since I wrote it in my blog earlier .. I think I need to because I'd really like to get some feedback. My blog just isn't as out there for people to see.. So here it is:

Okay, so .. There's this guy .. I met him online, which I know is still kind of sketchy but he seems really nice and fairly put together. I won't really get into that though.

Anyway, we went out to lunch yesterday. Nothing fancy, it was just Subway. He paid though, but the way that he offered to pay surprised me a little.

Now keep in mind that this was the first time we've actually hung out together - after about a week of online chatting and texting.

So we were standing in line, waiting for our subs and he puts his hand on my back and said "I can pay for yours" and possibly may have called me babe/baby .. something.. I was just so startled by his touch - I hadn't been expecting it at all.

Well, we got out food, and I did let him pay, who wouldn't right, lol. We sat down to eat and it was all good. We had a nice chat about how highschool was and a few things came up about siblings and pets - it was during my lunch hour so it wasn't anything too insightful. Overall it was good, he didn't make any awkward moves to try to touch me again so I was fine.

Now, I guess I was expecting or anticipating him to try something else. And I was right. He was driving and when he was dropping me off we said that we would have to meet up again. He grabbed my arm and started to pull me close. I was a little frazzeled but managed a "No thanks" with a giggle .. nice right.. so he let so and said okay. I got out and left.

He texted me a few minutes later saying he had a nice lunch, and I thanked him for paying. Then chatted on and off for the rest of the day. It ended on an awkward note though, we said goodnight and he ended with and "xo xo" to which I didn't respond.

This was yesterday.

Tonight we're supposed to be going out - possibly to a movie.

I'm not sure what to do here. I mean, it's weird for me too, because usually I'm the one who loves physical contact, and don't mind rushing into things. I think it has to do with a recent experience with another guy. I'm just not used to being 'just friends' and now I feel lost.

He texted me this morning - about half an hour ago. I haven't replied..

Replies

• karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    let him know you are arent comfortable yet with the physical contact, and ask him to wait awhile.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Listen, you have to do what is comfortable for you. If he is too touchy for you, then he's probably not the right guy. And you don't owe him a relationship. It's perfectly find to say that it was nice to meet him but you're just not interested. Don't be embarrased if your uncomfortable or not attracted to someone. That's your perogative.
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like you're undecided on whether you like him as more than a friend or not.

The best thing is to let him know you want to spend some more time together, without rushing forward. Just because you got to know each other via online/texting doesn't mean you really know how one another are in person. I'd hang out a few more times before making any decisions.

Also when you do make the decision, it's still okay to go at a slow pace. :)
    And if you don't like him as more than a friend, be honest. It's not cool to waste anyone's time while trying not to hurt their feelings.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the week of texting and chatting was like but clearly you aren't comfortable yet, whether its because of him or you. He needs to know exactly how you are feeling because somewhere along the line he got the impression you are more then just friends. In any case you should talk to him immediately and not just leave him hanging. Seems like it got "real" real fast
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    sounds like a serial killer.

if he has a home with a well in it and gives you a bottle of lotion, just put it on so you don't get the hose again.

ok, kidding aside. the guy could just be socially awkward. next time you go out, maybe go out with a group of friends and see how he interacts with them and ask them afterward if they got any funny vibes from him. or you can just ask him why he signed his text with xoxoxoxo. you'll probably embarrass the hell out of him when you do, but you'll also learn something from his answer. he might think using xoxoxoxoxo is more innocent than you do. you never know.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Too much, too fast. Let him know and/or let him go.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You talked to this guy online for a week and then got in his car alone with him???

NO! NO! NO!!!!!!

SSSOOOOOO dangerous. Don't do that again.

As for the rest, that would annoy the crap out of me and I wouldn't see him again. But that's me. I say if you're feeling weird about it, trust your gut.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dump him. He's too insecure. Oh wait... am I in the right thread? *starts a slow clap*
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Talk to him, let him know how you feel.

Some guys need to have it spelled out for them..
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online ( match.com ) so that isn't as sketchy as you'd think. It's kinda become the norm in today's society.

I'm thinking that you're just not that into this guy, and that's why you're not comfortable with his advances ( which aren't that intrusive honestly... he put his hand on your shoulder? He *may* have wanted more but you don't know for sure? He signed a text xoxo?). You're waiting to see if more develops, and honestly I think you know right off the bat whether you want more or not. You obviously do not want more.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    You need to listen to your gut.

I disagree with the people that say you need to talk to him and tell him your feelings. You don't have to if you don't want to. You can send him a simple text that states that you're no longer interested, thanks for meeting up, nice to meet you etc. But you do not have to have any kind of face to face conversation with him. If you are not comfortable with him, then that's okay. You don't have to do anything you don't want to.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    He's gonna try to wear your skin.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    For future reference, you should always drive yourself the first few dates, especially when you've never met in person, it's dangerous.

words on a screen can always be fals and you never know what to think, especially if none of your irl friends know him.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    1125167_o.gif

in all seriousness becareful
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You need to listen to your gut.

I disagree with the people that say you need to talk to him and tell him your feelings. You don't have to if you don't want to. You can send him a simple text that states that you're no longer interested, thanks for meeting up, nice to meet you etc. But you do not have to have any kind of face to face conversation with him. If you are not comfortable with him, then that's okay. You don't have to do anything you don't want to.

I agree. Thanks but no thanks no explination nessecary.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just break up!!! (ha, where's Dani when you need her?)

seriously, he's just not for you....the awkwardness will only get worse and reinforce why you shouldn't be going out with him in the first place......walk/run away \m/
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Sorry jackpot, lots of traffic this morning.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Sorry jackpot, lots of traffic this morning.
    Mwahzzz!! you're the bestest \m/
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    have his baby
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You feel uncomfortable. Don't go out with him again.

"I can pay for yours"? Did he tell you he'd cover the cost of his gas picking you up and taking you back?