What's the best excuse you've heard to not workout?

Options
I have been on a "no excuses" kick lately because I am VERY motivated and losing weight quickly. People are noticing and they are asking me what I am doing to lose the weight. I find it interesting that as soon as I tell them I'm watching what I eat very closely and I started jogging that most people have an excuse why they cannot go jogging or do exercise. Things like "I've never been able to run," or "My knees are too sore," or "I tinkle when I run." (I love that one). I think I've heard just about every excuse in the book for not being able to do it.

What's the best excuse you've heard (or used)?

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Everyone says they don't have any time. Or they're too tired. Like come on, I am ridiculously busy and I am tired too. *yawn*

I think we can all make different decisions if we want to. Get it together!
  • katseguin
    katseguin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hear a lot of "my body isn't built for running"......what does that even mean??? But my favourite is "I don't have time. my girls are 7, 3, and 1. I work 5 days a week. I bake cakes for people as a hobby/side job. If I have time, almost everyone has time!!!!!
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    "it hurts"

No *kitten* it hurts! haha, that's kind of the point, especially when you haven't worked out in a long time. Yeah, you should stop if it's super painful, but there's a difference between pain, discomfort and pushing too hard.

Not having a gym or personal trainer is another one. I personally love my trainer and gym, and it's worked for me, but you don't NEED these things to lose weight. My oldest brother has lost just as much weight as I have with walking and having a better diet.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    A girl at work came up and said I looked like I lost a lot of weight, and how I did it. I told her I eat less calories, and exercise more. (You'd think everyone would know this by now!) Anyway, I said that it was a lot easier than you think if you stick to it and that she should try it. She goes on about not having money, time, and too much on her plate with school and whatever. She continued to say all she can afford to eat is Ramen noodles. I just shook my head and walked away, because we can't convince some people to make the change, they have to decide for themselves.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    "I'm too fat to exercise".... Lol I always find this funny, that's like a starving person saying I'm too skinny to eat lol
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yes I know I'm a female and I should be more sensitive; but I also have Stage 3 Endometriosis so the TOM excuse is BS to me. I can be in doubled over pain and exhausted but it is never a reason for me to not workout bc I feel so much better after.
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    "I don't have the support", "No one will workout with me", "we always eat out"

Love them all!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Let's see.... "too fat", "too old", "I will do it tomorrow", "my feet hurt", "I will just eat less instead (starting tomorrow)"... All of these from an obese family member that really needs to lose some weight. It scares the whole family that she will not take charge of her health, but she has to decide to do it and we can't do it for her.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say, "I'm too fat to exercise."
  • lindseynyfarmer
    Options
    I used to tell myself "id look weird thinner"...lol.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The chest twins bounce around too much.
  • HawtTamale
    HawtTamale Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Someone once used "Getting thinner makes you look older"...I replied " Getting fatter makes you die young!" /smh
  • tattedchic
    tattedchic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    From an extremely overweight woman in the gym sauna "Oh I don't need to workout I just sweat it out in the sauna". Really? Could have fooled me...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    sitting at the computer looking for excuses instead of exercising
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'll work out through dance and some of the more fun fitness videos... .or walking... etc. But I hate running and I will always stick to that excuse as to why I don't run. Hate it. Plus it makes my legs itch like crazy every time.
  • susyw_2003
    Options
    a lot of people i speak too claim not to have time but then they sit and complain about the way they look! the way i see it.. no one has time until you commit and then exercise naturally will come before anything else - you plan a routine to fit it into your schedule!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I absolutely DESPISE when people tell me they don't have the time. PLEASE. I have a full time job plus I am a consultant for a company on the side. I get up at 4:15am EVERYDAY and hit the gym for at least an hour and a half.

Next excuse please?
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    the short version of this is "i am not ready"

A girl at work came up and said I looked like I lost a lot of weight, and how I did it. I told her I eat less calories, and exercise more. (You'd think everyone would know this by now!) Anyway, I said that it was a lot easier than you think if you stick to it and that she should try it. She goes on about not having money, time, and too much on her plate with school and whatever. She continued to say all she can afford to eat is Ramen noodles. I just shook my head and walked away, because we can't convince some people to make the change, they have to decide for themselves.
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love what one women said...I don't HAVE time time to exercise, I MAKE time! That's the only way in my books!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    "I don't want to mess up my hair" (One of my customers)

"I like my shape and don't wanna lose my booty" (another customer of mines who didn't want to workout.. just wanted the weight loss pills *shakes fist at Dr.Oz*)

"I'm too old!" (My father)

"I don't like getting sweaty" (coworker.. She actually has a pet peeve for being sweaty XD)