Low net calories okay?

Options

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with anyone eating 800 calories and would be willing to offer some advice on successfully meeting those goals but I have a problem with the OP when she said she feels sick when she eats more. Then she followed up with the words light headed which leads me to believe that she could be a diabetic.
  • BabsPerl
    BabsPerl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    GeekJock, Is that why I am not hungry? Interesting! I unfortunately am afraid to eat more once I feel full because I get abdominal cramping due to scar tissue and strictures on my small intestines.
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OP: Sweetie, I know it seems unnatural, but you need to eat more. Maybe eat smaller meals throughout the day? You obviously know something isn't right or you wouldn't have posted asking for help. Coming from someone that did this in highschool... extreme calorie restriction can cause multiple problems for you later in life. Please, eat more.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You guys are such *kitten* on here... just saying

Telling a young girl she's going to fail whens she's asking for help about something. Its people like YOU why people get disorders in the first place cus u tell them crap like that and expect them to not feel horrible about themselves.

i totaly agree, my cals are low but i eat realy well . Veg is brill, small portions sizes, but eat maybe 2 or 4 meals a day. good luck dont listen to idiots.
    Add me if youd like, and look at my diary for ideas tho i do eat the same things each dat.

Not to be rude but your food diary is shocking as well. Please do not encourage people to eat at dangerously low levels. You are old enough to know better, you shouldn't be giving any advice to an 18 year old who clearly isn't looking after herself. She's come on here to ask for advice and to get a bit of help. she knows her net is too low or she wouldn't of posted the question in the first place. If you want to starve and generally abuse your body it's up to you but I don't think you should be encouraging others to join you. Just my opinion.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think i know whats going on here.

original poster just sat on crash diet 1-2 weeks ago, judging on her diary.

Now she is so hungry, but she is trying to justify her daily calorie intake.

You didnt always eat like this, because how did u get fat in first place?
  • ArienneE
    Options
    eating horrible foods in similar quantities and not working out is how i got fat thanks
    if you want to think i'm crash dieting that's fine the reason my diary starts 2 weeks ago is that's when i signed up here
    right now i'm not hungry at all actually, but thanks for that as well
    i'm not looking for justification it was just a question, i was wondering if it was actually very bad to have a low net intake
    sorry if i came off sounding like i wasn't being genuine
  • jesz124
    Options
    eating horrible foods in similar quantities and not working out is how i got fat thanks
    if you want to think i'm crash dieting that's fine the reason my diary starts 2 weeks ago is that's when i signed up here
    right now i'm not hungry at all actually, but thanks for that as well
    i'm not looking for justification it was just a question, i was wondering if it was actually very bad to have a low net intake
    sorry if i came off sounding like i wasn't being genuine

You don't need to apologise for the way someone read your post. I think you've posted on here as you honestly want advice. I think adding a little extra cals slowly to your daily net would benefit you. I'm not saying force food down but just try eating a bit extra of the things you like. You really are at risk of burning out and making yourself ill eventually. Good luck x
  • TosinWasHereXO
    Options
    WOAH THERE HOW NICE OF YOU ALL ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS IS MYFITNESSPAL LIKE AMAZING SUPPORT WITH COMMENTS LIKE YOU WILL FAIL HOW NICE OH HOW WONDERFUL YOU ALL BLOODY ARE
  • jesz124
    Options
    WOAH THERE HOW NICE OF YOU ALL ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS IS MYFITNESSPAL LIKE AMAZING SUPPORT WITH COMMENTS LIKE YOU WILL FAIL HOW NICE OH HOW WONDERFUL YOU ALL BLOODY ARE

And you advice for the OP is?
  • ArienneE
    Options
    i really didn't mean to start a conflict or anything sorry about that i think i just came off differently than i intended to. thank you all very much for your advice, i'll start eating luna bars or something to up calorie intake. please be well and good luck.
  • jesz124
    Options
    i really didn't mean to start a conflict or anything sorry about that i think i just came off differently than i intended to. thank you all very much for your advice, i'll start eating luna bars or something to up calorie intake. please be well and good luck.

Oh don't worry about us lot, we argue for fun here lol. Please don't think everyone on here is horrible and will shout at you. Most of us want to help, and only have good intentions. It's just frustrating when there's people on here who give our really bad advice. Stay on the site, it's a brilliant resource and there honestly are lots of helpful people around.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if it was actually very bad to have a low net intake
    Seems to be OK for obese people on Biggest Loser to have negative net calorie intakes. They do eat over 1000 though, and exercise rather a lot.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Oh hunnie I think you definitely need to eat some more food. It doesn't have to unhealthy junk food, you can get calorie dense foods that are healthy. A handful of nuts? Try a salad with tuna and real mayo? Or make a salad dressing using olive oil?

If you genuinely don't feel hungry on this kind of diet maybe your body has adapted and gotten used to it but I don't think it's healthy. I think if you increase your calories so that you are netting at least 1200 your appetite will eventually increase. I think your body may take a little while to get used to it and your weight may bob around a little, but if you eat 1200 calories plus exercise calories you will lose weight and be much healthier than at the moment. Good luck!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

The OP posted a question. She got honest answers. A lot of people reached out to help and advise her as she in on a self destructive path. She shot down all the sensible advise. You can't help or 'support' someone who is not willing to accept it. Sorry honey that's just the real world.

My most sincere and supportive advice once again to the OP and others that are netting calories well below what the body requires to function - Seek help if you are for what ever reason unable to eat more than this.
  • TosinWasHereXO
    Options

The OP posted a question. She got honest answers. A lot of people reached out to help and advise her as she in on a self destructive path. She shot down all the sensible advise. You can't help or 'support' someone who is not willing to accept it. Sorry honey that's just the real world.

My most sincere and supportive advice once again to the OP and others that are netting calories well below what the body requires to function - Seek help if you are for what ever reason unable to eat more than this.

The OP Posted a question and as I was scrolling down the replies I could see a huge amount of abuse. I don't think you guys understand how disgusted I was. While there were some nice actual responses, all I could really see was "You have an eating disorder" or "go see a doctor and have a sandwich."

Bloody hell even if she did have an eating disorder, you have no bloody right to say such, you have no bloody right to judge, and saying that she is going on a crash diet is not bloody helping anyone but your ego.
  • TosinWasHereXO
    Options

My advice to the OP is to leave the message boards because you will find more bellends than blokes.
  • jesz124
    Options

My advice to the OP is to leave the message boards because you will find more bellends than blokes.

Maybe you should follow your own advice then? You have offered zero advice to the OP and just slated anyone else that answered her question. If you don't like the boards don't use them. No brainer.
  • TosinWasHereXO
    Options

Maybe you should follow your own advice then? You have offered zero advice to the OP and just slated anyone else that answered her question. If you don't like the boards don't use them. No brainer.

I don't use the boards. [this is the fourth post I've made since I've joined WOAH]
    A friend of mine (with a similar problem) gave me the link and I was appaled.
    And no, I have not slated anyone who gave her a reasonable answers.
    The people that told her to shut up and have a sandwich know who they are.

Do I have any "real" advice, if you want to put it that way? N to the O.

If that's what you're looking for.
  • jesz124
    Options

I don't use the boards. [this is the fourth post I've made since I've joined WOAH]
    A friend of mine (with a similar problem) gave me the link and I was appaled.
    And no, I have not slated anyone who gave her a reasonable answers.
    The people that told her to shut up and have a sandwich know who they are.

Do I have any "real" advice, if you want to put it that way? N to the O.

If that's what you're looking for.

hmmm ok thanks for your input. I shall take my leave now. 2nd strike is not on my horizon tonight. *closes door quietly after leaving thread* continue as you were.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

The OP Posted a question and as I was scrolling down the replies I could see a huge amount of abuse. I don't think you guys understand how disgusted I was. While there were some nice actual responses, all I could really see was "You have an eating disorder" or "go see a doctor and have a sandwich."

Bloody hell even if she did have an eating disorder, you have no bloody right to say such, you have no bloody right to judge, and saying that she is going on a crash diet is not bloody helping anyone but your ego.

It's called tough love. She does have a eating disorder....whether psychological or brought on by a medical issue.