Staying full on a healthy diet

Options

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I eat full fat cheese and bacon. Just don't eat crazy amounts. 1 oz of cheese at a time is good. Measure it.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we might be able to suggest changes to your "healthy diet" that could help you stay full longer.
    '
    I am never opening up my diary. I've heard of too many negative experiences and seen too many people get their personal choices ripped apart.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    proteins and fats keep me very full.

coconut oil goes into my tea or coffee every morning. and that holds me over until I eat breakfast 2 hours later.
    then I have eggs with a couple pieces of bacon......again the fat keeps me feeling full.
    lunch is always a lean meat and a green veggie, and peanut butter.......fats keep me full until after training when I finally eat dinner.

fats are good, and they make dieting manageable IMO. I wouldn't reccommend slamming a pound of bacon every day, but a slice or two isn't gonna hurt.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Protein
    Protein
    Protein
  • Positive_Energy73
    Positive_Energy73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find that eating old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast keeps me fuller during the mornings. I also like making black bean chili. It's very low in fat but high in protein and fiber so it keeps the hunger pangs away.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i agree that i've run into this same problem since i've been trying to eat healthier. Another option to add protein like to sandwiches & help stay full longer is hummus :-) i LOVE hummus & use it on my sandwiches as a spread instead of mayo (which tastes nasty in my opinion). The sundried tomato hummus seems to enhance the flavor of turkey in my opinion. i'd also say that if you enjoy a bacon cheeseburger, then go have a jr. or one off the kids menu - you'll have the tast that you're looking for without totally killing your calories. Lastly, remember that it's okay to have a "cheat" day once in a while.

Good luck on your fitness journey & feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :wink:
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    vegetables wont keep you full.

stay away from celery.

There is no way to stay "full" unless you take EC stack
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Protein and high fiber. I think I dump protein powder, cottage cheese or Greek yogurt in everything. I eat A LOT of chicken. Fruits and vegetables have a good amount of fiber. I try to get at least 130g of protein a day and 30g of fiber.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I think full-fat cheese and bacon are not very healthy choices. They have the kind of fat that plugs up your arteries, not good healthy fats like avocado and olive oil.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    Options
    I think full-fat cheese and bacon are not very healthy choices. They have the kind of fat that plugs up your arteries, not good healthy fats like avocado and olive oil.

Well I lost 20 pounds eating those foods at least twice a week, so they can't be that bad. :)

I also think how you much you exercise and what you do are factors. I have friends who are much more fit than I am who can basically eat whatever they like because they put in the work every day to burn it off.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    vegetables wont keep you full.

stay away from celery.

There is no way to stay "full" unless you take EC stack

eating properly will do the trick............

I've never had to take EC and routinely cut 15 pounds or so after each bulk.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options

cheese is fine. it doesn't clog your arteries.......
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER!!!

Did I mention water? lol. Try and drink a FULL glass of water before and during your meals!

And not to be pessimistic, but you're on a diet, so you're going to be hungry more often. Your body is intentionally living off a smaller amount.
  • kennyrd1
    kennyrd1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Eating some sort of protein at meals help signal feelings of satiety in the brain and will keep you fuller, longer. Some meal combinations that help keep me full: 4oz cottage cheese and lite greek yogurt, 3 oz tuna and 2 cups of vegetables, 4 hard boiled egg whites and low cal english muffin, Kashi oatmeal with a scoop of vanilla whey protein mxed in etc....
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary we might be able to suggest changes to your "healthy diet" that could help you stay full longer.
    '
    I am never opening up my diary. I've heard of too many negative experiences and seen too many people get their personal choices ripped apart.

You're hiding something. lol

That's what I thought.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    Options
    WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER!!!

Did I mention water? lol. Try and drink a FULL glass of water before and during your meals!

And not to be pessimistic, but you're on a diet, so you're going to be hungry more often. Your body is intentionally living off a smaller amount.

I don't see myself as being on a diet, to be honest. I'm trying to make little changes to the way I eat that will add up to a decent difference on the scale. My goal is not to be restrictive.
  • donabow
    donabow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    cheese in moderation is very healthy for you especially if you eat all natural unprocessed cheese [no fat free, no low fat] the stuff that they put into it to make it less fat is more harmfull to you then the 100% all natural cheese. Plus it helps build muscle keeps you satisfied and helps boost your metaboliosm so you lose weight. A slice or two of bacon isnt bad for you either, although I would rather have a slice of baked ham over the bacon [less calories and more protein]
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Well I lost 20 pounds eating those foods at least twice a week, so they can't be that bad. :)

I also think how you much you exercise and what you do are factors. I have friends who are much more fit than I am who can basically eat whatever they like because they put in the work every day to burn it off.

I didn't say you couldn't lose weight if you include them in your diet (I do, sparingly), just that the fats in them are not the good, healthy fats we need.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn does the trick. But you need to eat like 500cal of it to feel full. like really full. and this fullness goes away in 1 hour. So if you are about to binge. eat popcorn.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Ok, full fat cheese and bacon are NOT unhealthy. Part of the reason that they make you feel full is the NUTRITION contained within. Don't listen to the food nazi's. I eat cheese every day. (I would *never* intentially buy low-fat cheese.) And I have bacon and sausage once or twice a week. I eat white bread almost daily. And I am losing fat without losing lean body mass because I am getting extra protein and doing strength training while in a *slight* calorie deficit. I am losing about 1 pound per week and about an inch or two each week.:smokin:

If you are getting nutrition from it (carbs, fats, protein) and staying in your calorie goal *AND* feeling full, then you are doing it right. Don't let anyone tell you different! :flowerforyou:

I think she is probably trying to stay under her calorie goal though and it is difficult to do with full fat cheese and bacon. And no it is not unhealthy for everyone but it definetly fills up your calories in a hurry. If i used it every day i would have to skip a meal.