When should I add lifting to my workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I echo every one else and say "now".. I was not in the right frame of mind (or fitness wise) to start day one but you have asked the right question and in the right time..

Happy Lifting!! :)B)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I started strength training a few weeks ago and I already feel a big difference in my overall fitness.

My cardio used to kick my butt and was only slowly improving, and now I'm having to step up my cardio constantly to even feel it.

I was doing bodyweight exercises at first and it was a good start since I have so much to lose. I am very glad I switched to weights. I'm not doing heavy yet, but have plans on getting there B) .

A clerk at GNC of all places was who finally convinced me to start with weights. I mentioned how much I had lost (33 lbs at the time) and he stopped and gave me a complete look over and said to start lifting now. (Nothing in a creeper way) He asked a few other things too about calories and such. It was refreshing to get good advice and not just the usual "here eat, drink, pop this and voila you'll be thin" kind of vibe the other clerks throw at everyone lol.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Now.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Why post the same thing everyone is posting in a thread that dates from 2012?
    It's not like there is a special dissenting opinion that just needed to be stated.

tumblr_n1t0g63zjN1rtmwk6o1_400.gif
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I add my lifting back in when I have cardio'd the weight off me that I wanted off me...then I lift.

Not many people agree with this but you have to find what works for you.

No negative comments towards my experience and opinions please. (vultures be gone!)