Does your relationship have passion?

Options
13»

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Run.
    He's going to end up leaving you, maybe not now, but eventually, and you'll look back and wonder why the hell you put up with all of that for so long, and it will leave you with emotional scarring that will forever effect your future relationships. Some guys are weird, and if it's not there, it's not. Don't settle for less because you think he's a good guy worth keeping.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you have no idea.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Sorry I just answered the title.

Not all relationships require passion. Some are like roommate/business partnerships. Some only have sex to procreate. Some have so much that they need other people. its up to you to know how much you need and how little you can get by with - when combined with all other factors.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My relationship is pretty new, but this is the first time that I've felt like I've found my complement. He challenges me to be better which is something I was missing or just ignored in a prior relationship. I feel wanted this time around, which honestly all could've been going wrong on my end the first time.

I think you have to have your head right and really appreciate yourself before you will ever feel like someone appreciates you or will accept the things they say without doubting them.

Then again, there are just a few jerks in this world and it may be as simple as that.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Girl please. Ive been married to my husband for going on 24 years. We have been together for almost 26. The fire and the passion is as alive as it was when we first got together. The beginning of any relationship is usually when the passion first explodes. If ya aint getting your needs met now, you won't later. Women especially need to feel wanted and desired. My advice to you would be to find someone who compliments you. A ying to your yang so to speak. If this guy isn't it then let him go.

One more thing. Relationships should never be a burden or cumbersome. If it is you should get out.

Exactly this! :drinker:
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Personally, in my relationship, there are weird bursts of passion. My guy and I have been together for a couple months over a year now, and we're like best friends. We just "get" each other. For the most part, he's the romantic and he wants me to spoil him and be touchy-feely. And sometimes I can be. But for the most part, as he says, I'm like the "guy" in the relationship. So usually he's the one who wants to cuddle (usually when I'm in the middle of doing something), and things like that. Whereas I'm not so much cutesy, but intense. So I initiate the make-out sessions and things of that nature. He doesn't like that I'm not super cuddly or anything, but we make it work. And the bottom line is that we have that mutual attraction, and a mutual want and need for each other. We find each other sexy in our own ways respectively, but we aren't blind to each other's flaws (like, both of us have stretch marks and we both hate them). We love each other, but we don't have 24/7 hard-ons for each other..They're carefully timed. :)
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    If memory serves me correctly you posted not too long ago about how your bf makes you sleep in a separate bed! That there is craziness.

Sounds like you're less of a gf and more of a roommate he likes having around on his own terms.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but you deserve so much more.

Oh God...okay if this is TRUE, you need to leave. You may say it's not as simple as that, but really, it is. That's not right no matter how you look at it.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Hunter Hayes-Wanted..

youtube it.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In my experience- new relationships especially are full of passion- i.e. that butterfly in the stomach, can't wait to rip his clothes off and fck against the wall.

Now, after being married for 8 years and with him for 13- passion is up and down depending on real life. But the foundation is there after that long.

That's a great way to put it, been married 13 years, 2 children and life does impact passion for sure. What's awesome though is when the smoke of "life" clears and you can still throw down like you guys just met!