Tummy Tuck next Wednesday!

Options
Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted for a while but know that I had promised many of you a link to my tummy tuck blog closer to the surgery. I'm going in on Wednesday, January 20th to finally have all the excess skin that hangs from my stomach removed. This is something I've dreamed of for 3 years now & it's going to be a great reward & finally allow for me to feel fully confident with my weight loss and my figure. I know on here that i have met many nay-sayers that said that excess/loose skin can be avoided if you do weight loss right, but I think i'm a perfect example of how you can be young, do weight loss the right & healthy way at a slow pace and still have excess skin.

The link to my blog is http://tightertummy.blogspot.com/

It looks a little boring now & just talks about my weeks preparing for the surgery. I'll be posting pictures probably Sunday. I'll be posting as much as I can with progress pictures along the way after the surgery. I know I have been a slave to my computer for over a year now looking for other people's experience & trying to find out exactly what to expect. I feel like I'm prepared mentally and physically & ready to get this over with! hehe

Keep up the great work everyone!

Replies

• JackieBoo
    Options
    You have done a great job and you will look fabulous. Congratulations on the NEW you!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    You must be so excited and nervous!! I would love to have that surgery. I understand your frustration with those that don't understand why you want or need this. After I had my children, I can't tell you how many people would tell me to "just do sit-ups" The best way I found to explain to them that I couldn't "just do sit-ups" was to compare my tummy to a rubberband. Once that rubberband is broken there is no way to put it back together!

Best wishes!!!
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    115lbs LOST?? WOW AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!! You deserve it.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    oh boy! i am excited 4 you!
    thank you for sharing this experience on the www for us.
    i too have lost 100 lbs. and i have a lotta hanging skin (not showing in my streached out bikini pic).
    i dream of this. but i'm too old :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck to yo with the surgery. You have come a long way, congrats! I too will eventual need this done. I have 2 children ( one 2 and one 6 weeks) and only gained 20lbs combined and that 20 lbs came off the minute they were born. I already have the hanging skin problem just from having 2 kids. I am waiting to lose 30 lbs and have the $ saved. I hope the surgery goes well!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have had two c-sections and now have lost over 50lbs and I have also been dreaming of a tummy tuck. From the way it has been explained to me they basically cut threw my muscles when doing the c-sections. Only time will tell if we can ever afford for me to get one however.

The best of luck to you!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    artschoolgirl

Good luck with the tummy tuck, you've worked hard, you've done your research, you sound like you're ready and content with your decision. I have enjoyed watching your progress. Great job!

oregonlady

You're to old for what?
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Oregonlady you are not too old! I am not far behind you in age and my sister is a few years older than you and both of us are going to have this done one day!!!
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    Good luck and congrats!! I need a TT too. Finally got a referral to a military doc only to find out we will be moving around the time I finally get off the wait list.

Can't wait to read your blog!
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am four weeks post op. Everything went well! Send me any questions that you have. Good luck. It wasn't as bad as I expected.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Wow. you have had an amazing weight loss. All the best on your tummy tuck. :drinker:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! It's so nice to have the support of people who have an understanding of the weight loss journey & the highs and lows that it brings. I will be posting as much as I can to share my results. I'm very excited but I'm so busy right now in the time leading up, I barely have time to think about it! In the end, that's probably a good thing because I don't want to start stressing. haha

Calabrdm, that is so great that you've gone through the same procedure! I will keep you in mind if I have any questions. Are you happy with your results? Are you starting to feel back to normal? I've been all over message boards & reading blog posts daily from people who have just gone through the same thing.

Once again, that you for all of you who have been so supportive along my journey & thank you for your kind words!!
  • my2boystx
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss! That is awesome! How exciting for you! Good Luck to you! Congrats again!
  • ChristineL
    Options
    I just wanted to say hi. I am 2 years post tummy tuck. I lost about a hundred pounds and had it done. I will say it took me a LONG time to feel like it was worth it. It seemed I stayed sore forever. The numbness across my belly is permanent--however--I am absolutely thrilled that I went through with it. My tummy is still flat and tight (even when I sit), I can tuck in shirts. I even got my belly pierced, just because I could:). I recently gained some weight, and none of it went to my tummy--so I have lumps in weird places. I don't advise that for you:). But I think you will love it. Recovery is a process--you can't rush it--but by summer--you will be so in love with your tight, flat belly:)
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    congrats hun!! you are such a beautiful girl and I hope all works out for you <3....keep us posted for sure
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Oregonlady you are not too old! I am not far behind you in age and my sister is a few years older than you and both of us are going to have this done one day!!!

thank you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    but i feel cosmetic surgery would simply open a huge can of worms 4 me.:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

:huh: people see my face more than my tummy, perhapps i should get a face lift?
    :huh: i have a foot long scar on my upper right arm. oh! i would love to get the skin on my arms tucked and the scar covered up!
    :huh: if i'm relaxed a bit, i have terrible turley neck. :wink: please tuck that!
    :huh: do they have thigh skin tucks? i have elephant folds at the tops of my legs.:cry:
    and the list goes on..........
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How awesome for you!

I was my auntie's caretaker after her tuck...when we compared notes (after the drugs wore off, LoL) it sounded a lot like my recovery from a C-section. Two years later she looks awesome and it's like she is 20 years younger. She said that following instructions to the T was important, and taking her meds before the previous dose wore off so that she could stay ahead of the pain helped a lot. Rely on your support system and sleep in a recliner if you can were also some of her suggestions.

~Put a soft pillow to hold onto (above your clothes) over that area if you are going to sneeze or laugh hard...it helps. Also, one thing I learned from my c-section that her doc hadn't said was to tuck a long maxi into my undies (taping them to my undies) so that nothing would rub against the scar area. It allowed me more cushion and made it easier to move around while waiting for scars to heal.

Good luck! You have accomplished so much and this is a great opportunity to be the you you know you are!
  • rbterry
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery!! Sometimes doing everything "right" isn't enough and extra saggy skin happens. Congrats on all the weight loss to make that problem happen in the 1st place. It sure isn't easy.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Artschoolgirl. I'm jealous. I'd love to have a tummy tuck. I hope everything goes really well for you. :flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Once again, thank you all so much for your support! I´m getting soooooooooo excited at the thought of being able to see my belly button for the first time and not having these roles that go on for days haha. I´m also thrilled about the two weeks off work! Right now i´m focusing more on the excitement from the time off!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences as well! I know it´s going to be a long recovery, but I´m in it to win it!!! I have a great boyfriend that I live with who is going to do a great job of taking care of me! The main thing that I´m nervous about now is that I have a 200 km bike ride that i´m doing in the summer for cancer / need to be training for....I know I´ll need at least two months before I can really get back to exercise, but hopefully i can get back on to my bike trainer slowly to get back in to the groove!

Thank you again!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!