Tummy Tuck next Wednesday!

Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK
    The recovery will be tough but it will be worth it..
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well, my auntie was 55 when she had it, and she recovered what I thought was rather quickly. Quicker than I did with my C-section, but maybe that's because I had a colicky baby.

Woot! TWO more days and a wake up!!!!
  • meferretti
    meferretti Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted for a while but know that I had promised many of you a link to my tummy tuck blog closer to the surgery. I'm going in on Wednesday, January 20th to finally have all the excess skin that hangs from my stomach removed. This is something I've dreamed of for 3 years now & it's going to be a great reward & finally allow for me to feel fully confident with my weight loss and my figure. I know on here that i have met many nay-sayers that said that excess/loose skin can be avoided if you do weight loss right, but I think i'm a perfect example of how you can be young, do weight loss the right & healthy way at a slow pace and still have excess skin.

The link to my blog is http://tightertummy.blogspot.com/

It looks a little boring now & just talks about my weeks preparing for the surgery. I'll be posting pictures probably Sunday. I'll be posting as much as I can with progress pictures along the way after the surgery. I know I have been a slave to my computer for over a year now looking for other people's experience & trying to find out exactly what to expect. I feel like I'm prepared mentally and physically & ready to get this over with! hehe

Keep up the great work everyone!

First off I would like to say congrats on the weight loss and good luck with your surgery. It is very true that everyone is different and some of us have skin that bounces back from pregnancies or excessive weight gain and loss and some of us just don't. After I had my children, I had a lot of stretch marks and loose skin that hung down over my C-section incision. I did everything in my power to lose the weight and tone my muscles and was quite successful as losing the weight but even after I got down to my size 4, 117 lbs self I still had that loose skin hanging down over my c-section incision. I went to a plastic surgeon about getting a tummy tuck and what my options were. I made the decision to get it done and all I can say is, it was definitely the right decision for me. After my tummy tuck, I finally got to see all my hard work pay off. All the abdominal exercises and cardio I did to tighten my abs now showed. My six pack was finally revealed. Well, ok, it was more llike a 4 pack:wink: Either way, there was NO WAY that would have been possible without the tummy tuck. I did the hard work, the doctor just let me and the rest of the world see it.

Good luck and enjoy the rewards you so greatly earned all on your own.
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    Oh boy! I am so excited for you! I just added your blog to my favorites.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted for a while but know that I had promised many of you a link to my tummy tuck blog closer to the surgery. I'm going in on Wednesday, January 20th to finally have all the excess skin that hangs from my stomach removed. This is something I've dreamed of for 3 years now & it's going to be a great reward & finally allow for me to feel fully confident with my weight loss and my figure. I know on here that i have met many nay-sayers that said that excess/loose skin can be avoided if you do weight loss right, but I think i'm a perfect example of how you can be young, do weight loss the right & healthy way at a slow pace and still have excess skin.

The link to my blog is http://tightertummy.blogspot.com/

It looks a little boring now & just talks about my weeks preparing for the surgery. I'll be posting pictures probably Sunday. I'll be posting as much as I can with progress pictures along the way after the surgery. I know I have been a slave to my computer for over a year now looking for other people's experience & trying to find out exactly what to expect. I feel like I'm prepared mentally and physically & ready to get this over with! hehe

Keep up the great work everyone!
    This is something you will never regret and you desrve to have that flat tight tummy! Tell your doc to do his best because you are posting pic's of his work on the world wide web!! I looked today on your blog page to see before pic's of your tummy and will watch your after pic's too! I think this is awesome and I have prayed for success and a speedy recovery!
    Verda
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Prayers for a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery. I'll be thinking of you.

Alice
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I'm so amazed how sweet + supportive everyone is! Thank you for sharing your experiences and kind words :) I'm on the 24 hour countdown!!!!! I think it really hit last night when I took my before pictures & posted them to my blog. My boyfriend took the pictures & I don't think he had ever really saw me that raw. He was in shock when I grabbed a big handful of skin haha. He had to grab a handful himself! The excess skin is a totally different sensation from the super fatty skin.

Anyways...haha, I'm going to try and make one more blog entry tonight & then I'm off!! Hopefully on thursday I can be sharing my experience. Thank you again to all of you!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have a prophylactic mastectomy coming up in about a year. I've been working to lose my weight first, then schedule the surgery so that I'll be healthier for the surgery, not have weird fat lumps if I lose weight AFTER the surgery and also because body fat holds estrogen which is my enemy right now.

I don't have breast cancer - just a genetic mutation that makes me at a very high risk.:ohwell:

One of the breast reconstruction options is to have my new breasts made out of a tummy flap. At the moment I'm leaning towards the more traditional, silicon implants because they have a much faster healing time (no second wound) and they look nicer (HEY - if I'm going to have to give up my real breasts I'll want an upgrade to perky breasts!):tongue:

This blog has got me thinking - because if I get to my goal weight I'll have lost about 100 lbs. If I have excess skin folds I might WANT the tummy-tuck reconstruction. Or maybe I'll find a money tree and be able to get the tummy tuck and still get perky breasts:wink:

:flowerforyou: Good luck! We'll all be having happy thoughts for you!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I have seen you around and I have always admired you. You have made some huge strides in weight loss that have made me realize I can do this too. I think that you deserve to get your tummy tucked and I am looking forward to seeing your after pics. Thanks so much for putting yourself out there so that others can be inspired by you. Good Luck tomorrow!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I am very excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures! You deserve this:flowerforyou:
  • ifeelgreat
    Options
    Thanks for posting this information. I carried twins full term, both more than 7 pounds (each!) and 20 inches (each!) I also need a tummy tuck. I would love to find out how you found your surgeon and any advice you may have. I am so excited for you!
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    I have a prophylactic mastectomy coming up in about a year. I've been working to lose my weight first, then schedule the surgery so that I'll be healthier for the surgery, not have weird fat lumps if I lose weight AFTER the surgery and also because body fat holds estrogen which is my enemy right now.

I don't have breast cancer - just a genetic mutation that makes me at a very high risk.:ohwell:

One of the breast reconstruction options is to have my new breasts made out of a tummy flap. At the moment I'm leaning towards the more traditional, silicon implants because they have a much faster healing time (no second wound) and they look nicer (HEY - if I'm going to have to give up my real breasts I'll want an upgrade to perky breasts!):tongue:

This blog has got me thinking - because if I get to my goal weight I'll have lost about 100 lbs. If I have excess skin folds I might WANT the tummy-tuck reconstruction. Or maybe I'll find a money tree and be able to get the tummy tuck and still get perky breasts:wink:

:flowerforyou: Good luck! We'll all be having happy thoughts for you!

I've read that you should try and tie it in with any other surgeries, if possible. This will save you money on the anesthesia, which is about $1,500 and the hospital fees, which are about $1,000 for me. I wanted to get the nice boobs and an inner thigh lift, but paying back student loans only allowed for me to do one at a time. I would say go for it if you can!! You're taking charge of your health & this will be a great goal to work towards!!! I had kind of read on plastic surgery message boards about donating excess skin for burn victims & breast reconstruction! My doctor didn't mention this as an option, but I thought it was a great idea!!

keep up the great work!
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks for posting this information. I carried twins full term, both more than 7 pounds (each!) and 20 inches (each!) I also need a tummy tuck. I would love to find out how you found your surgeon and any advice you may have. I am so excited for you!

Wow!! You totally deserve a "mommy makeover"! That's amazing! Well, I live in Calgary & did my research by looking for local plastic surgeons in the area & then narrowing down by doing more research in to what other people had said about their results and experience. I think the website is ratemds.com or somethign like that. My surgeon is in practice with his father who really brough the tummy tuck and boob job to Canada haha. They both have an amazing reputation & I liked all of his credentials. I can't lie, my consultation wasn't warm, friendly, supportive, and reassuring & I found the nurses were there just for the business. I left the consultation with a booked appointment but feeling a little blue. So, right now I'm going off of just what I've read from other people & relying on his skill & reputation rather than personality...a bit sad I must admit. My recomendation would be to have a consultation with a couple of surgeons, take a look at their books with before and afters, and see which one would be a better fit for you!!!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    All the best to you -
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for you!!!! I think you did this the right way..... losing weight slowly and in a healthy manner... and now that the weight is off, having a tummy tuck to correct the stretched out skin. I have the same issue with my pooch from a stomach surgery or three and a c-section. No amount of sit ups will fix that!! lol

I hope your surgery goes well and your healing quickly and smoothly. Keep a positive attitude. If they say it's a 6 week recovery, then make sure not to judge your results too quickly, and give yourself ample time to heal. :flowerforyou: I'm so excited for you!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    We'll be thinking of you and wishing you well tomorrow and looking forward to your report when you feel up to it.

Congratulations on the New You!

Cheryl :flowerforyou:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and i hope you have a speedy recovery.

You have done a fantastic job getting to where you are!

Best wishes

Jax x
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I've had a tummy tuck. I lost 225lbs so I had lots of excess skin around my tummy. After the surgery it really feels tight. I still have some love handling going on, but other than that this surgery was amazing for my self esteem. I felt very good afterwards and it was money well spent :)

goodluck
  • mrsbirdsong
    Options
    thank you so much for sharing. I have just started and i believe that i will probably need to do the same as you. Good luck tomorrow.:flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous!!!
    Well wishes sent your way, and I'll be looking forward to your follow up.
    :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!