Who are your fictional role models?

Options

Replies

• commandax
    commandax Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Gina Carano in her 'Haywire' role. If only for her thigh-squeezing abilities.

That's a great one. Your ticker reminded me that I've always idolized Norman Rockwell's Rosie the Riveter, too. Check out the pipes on her! Those ladies really stepped up to the plate during World War II, and they also paved the way for independence and equality for the rest of us.

2en9efk.jpg
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Vegeta
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My fictional role models? This one's fairly easy...even if nobody else here knows who these characters are! (And I suspect you'll know one or perhaps two of the four, but probably not all four!)

She-Ra.jpg
    She-Ra, strong female heroine who gave girls the dream of being heroes.

Vanessa2.jpg
    Vanessa Warfield, one of the BAD guys on M.A.S.K., but so strong and independent I consider her one of my heroes.

Melodia2.jpg
    Melodia, the lone female in Mon*Star's Mob on SilverHawks, but like Vanessa very strong and independent.

VerySeriousAce.jpg
    Ace Cooper, The Magician. I was at a low point in my life when this toon came around in 1999, but watching him gave me hope to go forward with life. This is the character who changed my life forever.

That's my group, albeit a rather odd one. :bigsmile:
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    316c7efd-c182-4a9a-95fc-7b972ec06156.png
    ^^^ Moral of the story: don't give up.

Rory+Williams+Roman+Centurion+lt+lt+lt+_bafd2cb555e5592cbcf490194a403abf.jpg
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say Jean-Luc Picard, but I guess I have to say Captain Janeway (what the heck WAS her first name?).
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    She-Ra!!!!!!
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    220px-Lara_Croft_film.jpg

I have always wanted to be like her. haha
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My fictional role models? This one's fairly easy...even if nobody else here knows who these characters are! (And I suspect you'll know one or perhaps two of the four, but probably not all four!)

She-Ra.jpg
    She-Ra, strong female heroine who gave girls the dream of being heroes.

I wanted to be her!!!!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Dean-Winchester--dean-winchester-69977_600_900.jpg

Dean Winchester. So what it's a guy? I want to be a smexy monster hunter too!
  • commandax
    Options
    220px-Lara_Croft_film.jpg

I have always wanted to be like her. haha

Yeah, she's an inspiration. I have been thinking that once I get my body to where I want it with muay thai, I might take up scuba diving. It seems pretty scary, but so did kickboxing a few months ago!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    316c7efd-c182-4a9a-95fc-7b972ec06156.png
    ^^^ Moral of the story: don't give up.

Rory+Williams+Roman+Centurion+lt+lt+lt+_bafd2cb555e5592cbcf490194a403abf.jpg

Yes!!!!!! I love Doctor Who!!! It's sad to see the end of the Ponds!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    MacKayla Lane (Mack)!! She is a totally kick *kitten* character from a series of books by Karen Marie Moning called the Fever Series. She's strong, sexy, intelligent.....awesome role model!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I never thought about it before, but I guess it would have to be Gandalf!

gandalf.jpg
  • commandax
    Options
    Dean-Winchester--dean-winchester-69977_600_900.jpg

Dean Winchester. So what it's a guy? I want to be a smexy monster hunter too!

I totally get it. Many of my role models are men, too... I just identify more with the way men live their lives. I guess I live on that divide between acting like one of the guys and being a powerful woman. I try to embody the best of both worlds in order to be who I really am, and not worry too much about what other people think.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Pippy Longstocking. Always and forever. That girl could do anything. She was unstoppable.
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    Captain Jean Luc Picard. By a landslide.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Archer

Bob Archer from A Scanner Darkly?

51buaXHCSOL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Pippy Longstocking. Always and forever. That girl could do anything. She was unstoppable.

+1

pippi.gif
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    No pictures, because i'm more of a bookworm than a movie watcher...

- Anita Blake (Laurell K Hamilton)
    - Suzie Shooter (Simon R. Green)
    - Dagny Taggert (Ayn Rand) - the book version, not the movie version :grumble:

edited to fix spelling errors...
  • commandax
    Options
    As far as male role models go, Robert Heinlein's character Lazarus Long has been a huge influence on my philosophy of life. I read "Time Enough for Love" when I was a teenager, and it was a revelation.

1zcms6f.jpg