"Get the kitty!"
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I love the stories!! Best thread EVER!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i love when you catch a cat offguard and they do a huge back flip! our cat just did this the other day when the remote fell off the coffee table...lol or when my dog jumps up onto the couch and he farts, then turns around to see where the noise came from!!!!! bwaaahhaha!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have neither cats nor dogs to chase, but can my two kids count? It's called "run" aptly named by my daughter, and also includes, jump, skip, hide, and 'red, yellow and green light' with a little 'simon says'. I don't know, I do what they tell me to. I guess it's not me doing the chasing then... huh :)

Then you know I come here and log that crap on my exercise log:)
  • microwoman999
    Options
    I might get people that hate this but I do have a funny story about my Sister's cat......

So if you get a claw (you know a hair claw) and put it on a cats tail you may get a really great reaction!! So my Sister's husband did this one day and the cat meowed and took off as fast as it could ran into the dryer and I heard the clip fly into the air! LMAO I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life! Now I know this sounds mean but other than the cat running into the dryer it did NOT hurt the cat! Putting socks on the cats back was the pre curser to this happening LOL
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Awe! Thats what my husband and i do too hehe
  • microwoman999
    Options
    I have neither cats nor dogs to chase, but can my two kids count? It's called "run" aptly named by my daughter, and also includes, jump, skip, hide, and 'red, yellow and green light' with a little 'simon says'. I don't know, I do what they tell me to. I guess it's not me doing the chasing then... huh :)

Then you know I come here and log that crap on my exercise log:)

LOL so true LOG IT!! I work at a daycare and the ratio is 6 to 1 for the class I am in! Totally not fair! Just sayin!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I have a little 10 pound Papillon that loves to play tag with my husband. He chases her all around the living room. She can fly so fast, corners on a dime, and can bound over the couch like superman. He even plays hide and seek with her. Some great entertainment watching them.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both chase our cats around including up the stairs lol :laugh: Its funny when my 8 month old also crawls around chasing the cats, he gets exercise that way!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Naomilette
    Options
    hahaha i do this to my dog all the time first thing when i get home from work we have a run around. She loves it and now that I'm looking after my friends dog it's twice as fun. My dog also go's on the treadmill with me, licks my hands when i"m doing weights and lies on her back when I'm doing crunches and watches me. She a funny dog but a good work out partner.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    I LOVE to chase my 85-lb. pit bull, Ozzy! He LOVES it! I also hide behind the door when I hear him coming and then jump out and scare him LOL.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    When I had dog/s I did this with them.

I romp with my cats as well. I also get on floor and play with them, just as with the dog/s, had a roommate look at measkance over that, but hey... dogs, cats, what's the dif when it comes to enjoying playing with them? I play "peek-a-boo" with one of my cats, that is a hoot.

I have one that will jump straight up into the air when startled, I admit, I laugh. I am also *guilty* of the "things on paws to see what they do" trick. I also put milk jug rings on their tails see how long it takes them to figure it out.
  • lookingforsomething
    Options
    We have three working dogs - border collie and Australian shepherds - so I think they chase us more than we chase them!
    I tell my husband off for doing it in the house cause none of them have "tile feet" and their back ends just slide out going round corners.
    Get them outside and it's a whole different story. We live on just over an acre so they can get up a pretty good run when they are coming at you - you learn to get out of their way pretty quick or they will knock you over - but they do come back and give you a kiss to make sure you are ok. Then jump on you with muddy paws cause they think it's a game!!

I love watching them run around with each other. It always puts a smile on your face not matter how shi**y your day has been!
  • microwoman999
    Options
    When I had dog/s I did this with them.

I romp with my cats as well. I also get on floor and play with them, just as with the dog/s, had a roommate look at measkance over that, but hey... dogs, cats, what's the dif when it comes to enjoying playing with them? I play "peek-a-boo" with one of my cats, that is a hoot.

I have one that will jump straight up into the air when startled, I admit, I laugh. I am also *guilty* of the "things on paws to see what they do" trick. I also put milk jug rings on their tails see how long it takes them to figure it out.

LOL the one older cat will actually just pull the claw off his tail and then play with it! Was such a bummer haha
  • microwoman999
    Options
    We have three working dogs - border collie and Australian shepherds - so I think they chase us more than we chase them!
    I tell my husband off for doing it in the house cause none of them have "tile feet" and their back ends just slide out going round corners.
    Get them outside and it's a whole different story. We live on just over an acre so they can get up a pretty good run when they are coming at you - you learn to get out of their way pretty quick or they will knock you over - but they do come back and give you a kiss to make sure you are ok. Then jump on you with muddy paws cause they think it's a game!!

I love watching them run around with each other. It always puts a smile on your face not matter how shi**y your day has been!

Agreed I do love how they are happy no matter what and always greet you with a wagging tail!
  • ellyloo
    ellyloo Posts: 49
    Options
    I totally do!

I can do it with a look... we'll both stand there, looking at each other, and all of a sudden, it's a challenge, and I change my gaze just a bit, and she does a little lamb hop and she's OFF!!

I love it, because it's so fun for her.
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    They are part of the family.
    DogBed.jpg
  • lookingforsomething
    Options

Agreed I do love how they are happy no matter what and always greet you with a wagging tail!

Once of our aussies doesn't have a tail - she is naturally born with no tail - so she just wags her whole back end! the more excited she gets the more of her body wags. That's why so many people call Aussies "wiggly butt" 75% probably don't have a tail so they have to wiggle their butt!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Once of our aussies doesn't have a tail - she is naturally born with no tail - so she just wags her whole back end! the more excited she gets the more of her body wags. That's why so many people call Aussies "wiggly butt" 75% probably don't have a tail so they have to wiggle their butt!
    my boxer does the same thing! his whole body looks like a wiggling kidney bean..lol
  • microwoman999
    Options
    Oh that is interesting that they have no tail? My dogs have nubs (at least that is what we call it) so there behind wiggles too or as we call it the seizure shake cause the whole body can get into it LMAO!