"Big Girl", & how other people see me.

Options
2»

Replies

• katenyc112
    Options
    hun you honestly look gorgeous and arent that "big" if you ask me. Youve got great legs for instance. Id kill to have em.

thank you :) lol.
    I woke up today and I realized how stupid the whole situation was.
  • LCB12
    LCB12 Posts: 23
    Options
    hun you honestly look gorgeous and arent that "big" if you ask me. Youve got great legs for instance. Id kill to have em.

thank you :) lol.
    I woke up today and I realized how stupid the whole situation was.

Yes very stupid..Im sorry you had to go thru that but its just ignorance...I consider myself a "big girl" too I KNOW I am..and I never want to hear that...I NEVER have tho...I'm 5'10 and 180lbs.. Ive never had someone call me or make a comment with the words "big girl" it was always "youre so tall!" I knew what people thought tho...now that i've lost a little weight, is when Im hearing how "big" I was:huh:
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing the ignorant and/or unthinking comments people will make. We were out of the country recently and my husband was having clothes tailored for him. The tailor said he'd need to cut the pants full or else, "You'll look like a carrot." And we were paying this guy!
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You know what? People are ignorant no matter what size you are. I have always been "the big girl" and still at 5'7 and 162 could be considered huskey. the thing that kills me is that now I am smaller than I have EVER been in my life and people around me are still not happy. I get your getting too thin or too obsessed or I think you would look funny if you lost any more weight. They just replaced "your such a pretty girl" or the infamous "At least you know your boyfriend likes you for you and not your body". Def. not good on the old self esteem.

I guess my point is until we (me included) learn not to care what others are saying about us we will not be able to build self love the right way therefore leading to the happiness we are seeking.

So for now I will say in my sweetest voice....Screw him and the others who say these mean things. =)

People are sick! They must be so insecure with themselves! Keep up the good work and I'm glad you don't worry about what others think. They don't have to live in your body and you know better than anyone else how you feel!
  • jeffreyrashad
    Options
    USE THE ANGER AS A TOOL. we are all motivated by different thngs..pissing me off is one of mine.(im sorry u had to go thru that..i know exactly how that made u feel)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

LOL...this is exactly what I was thinking!!

That and a few choice things I would have said....then remembered I am 48 and have more nerve now:wink:

I had the same thing happen at 18. I was in a Disco, dressed hot for the times, with my GF who was 5'6" 36/24/36.... a brick *kitten* house.

I was 5'2" and 105 pounds. Cute tiny and curvy.

This drunk "old" guys turns around, buys us a drink........and then says " Hey blondy, you must HATE going out with your friend, she is sexy and at best ppl will call you cute.......your too small and have no curves.....so you will be "cute" your whole life....no one will ever call you sexy.........."

I guess I did have some nerve back then cuz I slid the drink in front of him and said " At least I have real HAIR!" ( he was wearing a toupee') My GF and I :laugh: all night

But I still remember the real hurt I felt from the words of a total stranger.
  • luluella
    Options
    Tell those guys that we can't all store our fat in our heads like they can!