Driver License Weight

Options
I was amused to realize that I am now under the weight printed on my driver's license. Yes, I was guilty of lying about my weight when I renewed my license (because nobody else has ever done that, right?). I guess it doesn't matter now that I'm under. Woot!

Replies

• pattyann1112
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! I live in Pennsylvania...thank goodness we don't have our weights on our drivers' licenses. I guess I will never move to another state, because I don't know of many other states who also don't have weights on their licenses! LOL
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh! This made me pull out my license too, because I was curious!

So my picture is abouuuuuuuuut 30-40ish pounds OVER the stated weight that I thought I could reasonably claim and still be somewhat within the realm of possibility.

And NOW. My picture doesn't even look like me and I'm ten pounds under my stated driver's license weight! I guess I'm not guilty weight lying anymore, hah!

It IS a good feelin', isn't it?!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    NC doesn't do weight on license so NC is an option. LOL That is great though! I know if we did it, I would so lie. At least a little bit. :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Very grateful my state doesn't list weight.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My picture now looks nothing like me and I'm about 60lbs under what is listed at, 180ish (and yeah.. I wasn't truthful -- I actually weighed around 220).
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oregon Lists weight...I decided to tell the truth the last time I renewed it and now I am about 130lbs under the weight that is listed and I no longer look like my ID and I get questioned all the time whether it is really me or not when I buy alcohol...I know it's time to get a new picture, but I just want to wait until I am a lot closer to my goal weight (51.5lbs to go!)
  • asherspadre
    Options
    Congrats.
    I would love to be at my license weight as that was when I was at my lightest adult weight. (Renewal was due just before my wedding)
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I renewed mine just last summer and said I weighed 160 when I was really 170+. Now I'm at 136. My goal is to keep the weight off so that next renewal I won't be ashamed to put down my real weight. :smile:
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    I have a NC Driver License as well... doesn't matter if you loose or gain weight with the NC photos. They make it look ugly as possible.
  • theinsanityofme
    theinsanityofme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm very grateful I live in the uk
  • tokataro
    tokataro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Texas licenses don't show your weight either, must be because they know everything is bigger in Texas!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    MS will be happy to continue any lie you wish to tell concerning your weight LOL
    Mine has had the same number in that slot since 1981 :laugh:
    That was a whole herd of kids ago!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    THat's so funny! My hubby and I were talking about yesterday how our license weights are our goals. lol. Who is truly going to raise their weight at renewal?! NO ONE!
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tennessee doesn't list weight. Thank goodness cause I'd probably lie too.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    THat's so funny! My hubby and I were talking about yesterday how our license weights are our goals. lol. Who is truly going to raise their weight at renewal?! NO ONE!

I do not know how some of the state troopers keep a straight face when they pull some of these folks over.
    I can imagine the headline "MHP trooper's final words 'Ain't no way in H--- your weight is...'"
    Thankfully, my current weight is a good 30 lbs less than what is on my DL so I think for now I'll just be and bask in the knowledge.
  • Goatgirl8
    Goatgirl8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been lying on my license for thirty-three years. When I renewed it last month I decided to own my weight. I changed it to my real weight. I'm very proud to say that every week, thanks to MFP, I weigh a little bit less than my license says. Now, when someone sees my license they can see the success I've had.

YEAH ME!
  • summerfool
    summerfool Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The weight on my license is a lie. Sure I was there when I got my license ten years ago but not anymore. I'm hoping to get back down to that weight though.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    In IL they don't care you can put whatever you want :happy:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have 140 on mine and had that on there when they took my pic at 210 lbs LOL. They must be too scared to ask sometimes. That's now my regular stabilized weight but the pic is a fact chick that looks nothing like me. I'm too cheap to go replace it plus I kinda like keeping cards forever and ever until the expiration date for some reason LOL. Makes me feel good about myself for some reason. :P
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yup, almost everybody lies! I have been trying to come up with a motivator for every 10-pound weight loss increment and my 40 pound motivator was going to be "I'm not lying on my Driver's License". I was within a couple of pounds when I lost my wallet, including my DL, so I had to go to the DMV and get a duplicate. The nice lady told me I could amend anything on the DL, but wouldn't get a new picture, so I put goal weight #1 on (a sixty pound loss from my top weight). I'm not quite there yet, but in another 10-12 pounds, I won't be lying on my revised DL.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!