NSV - My couch to 5k journey

Options
grum84
grum84 Posts: 428 Member
Just got done with Week 5, day 3 of Couch to 5k. It was to jog for 20 minutes straight, no stopping to walk. I was dreading it, but was able to somehow put body over mind and get it done.

I don't think I have ever in my life actually jogged for more than a mile straight, and tonight was about a mile and a half. It was slow, but steady. I feel like a million bucks right now regardless of what my scale might say.

Feeling much better about my first 5k in November...bring on that turkey trot. Just felt as I needed to share b/c I am feeling so good right now.

Replies

• 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! When you get to that point it is more a mind game than physical one which can make it hard to conquer!

:drinker:
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just did week 2 day 1 yesterday.. Wow 20 minutes straight???? I dont know how in the heck I am going to pull that off but glad to see you feel great afterwards!! That is a big accomplishment

:drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy: :drinker: :happy:
  • drecubed
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing amazing! If you want it, just keep pushing yourself and you'll reach it.
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the hard work!
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! I'm on week 7 :)
  • smittenkitten4
    Options
    I just did week 3 day 3 and could barely make it for the last 3 minute jog! I keep surprising myself by being able to do things I thought I couldn't, though, so week 4 here I come!
  • mmtrnr
    mmtrnr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I, too, just finished Week 5 Day 3! It feels great!! It has definitely been a psychological battle with me. My body can handle it... but my mind can't always comprehend that fact!
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Whooooo Hooooo !! You are awesome!!

I should be starting week 7 this weekend and it looks scarey. All running aftwr the warmup walk. I am very verrrry slow too. But doing so much more tnan before.

Hope you continue to push the limits. Come over to the group area, we have a several c25k groups over there.

Run run run.... Walk walk walk !!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You should be VERY proud of yourself. That is a huge accomplishment! I know exactly how you feel. I remember when I went through the program and the dread of that 20 min jog. You'll be at a 5k in no time. Congrats!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Good NSV, congrats!
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME! Good for you! :) What an accomplishment!!!!
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job! One thing that has never stopped amazing me about this fitness journey is how much stronger our bodies are than our minds think. I'm glad you were able to prove to your mind that yes you are a runner!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Just got done with Week 5, day 3 of Couch to 5k. It was to jog for 20 minutes straight, no stopping to walk. I was dreading it, but was able to somehow put body over mind and get it done.

I don't think I have ever in my life actually jogged for more than a mile straight, and tonight was about a mile and a half. It was slow, but steady. I feel like a million bucks right now regardless of what my scale might say.

Feeling much better about my first 5k in November...bring on that turkey trot. Just felt as I needed to share b/c I am feeling so good right now.

you SHOULD feel a million bucks! this is a great achievement. you will be running the entire 5k before you nkow it...congratulations on a great achievement!
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Great Job!! Keep up the good feeling and the good runs! My mind battles me the whole way, but with the power of postive thinking, I WIN!!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Thanks for posting this. I just did week one day one, and felt like a superhero. (I felt a little silly feeling that way, but it was a huge step for me.) You give me hope that I can get to that point. Good job! :drinker:
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. I remember when I ran for 30 minutes straight after completing the c25k. It was a wonderful feeling and it is definitely mind over matter.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Congratulations that is an awesome achievement keep up your good work, you are doing great!!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats! I still remember that feeling the day I did that... A year and a half later, my first half marathing is next weekend... Watch out Turkey Trot! Your going to do awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!