Food you would drive two hours for?

Options

Replies

• chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I went via cruise to Grand Cayman Island for AMAZING Tortuga Coffee Rum Liqueur-- I waited 1 yr to return to purchase this outstanding rum, only available for purchase in the Caymans.
    & while I know it's not food--per say--it's defo worth the hundreds of miles I had to travel to buy it!!
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Best garlic shrimp I have EVER had was at a restaurant (Snook Inn) on Marco Island in Florida...I am tempted to fly the 4 hours just to have that again. :)

Here in Wisconsin...no chance of really good seafood...lol!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    White Castle sliders.... oh, yessssssss.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Good bbq & hush puppies Yumm!!!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    in my fatter days i used to drive a half hour both ways to get sonic lol
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Not food, but Altbier. Once traveled 9 hours to get the brand I wanted....
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Pizza. And these cheese Danishes in Rhode Island. Fckn phenomenal.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    a warm, hot off the conveyor belt krispy kreme doughnut!!!!....omg....sooooo good.....makes the Tim Horton's doughnuts we have in Canada seem like crap!!!!.....which they are!!!!...
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good bbq & hush puppies Yumm!!!

I'm from the south.. You make me want to go back lol
  • brunauxyeuxbeaute
    Options
    Genuine NY Cheesecake
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fresh pickerel fillets! Actually, tomorrow I'll be driving an hour to pick some up. I can see a feast happening tomorrow evening!! :love:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Cheese croissants at Stu Leonard's in Connecticut

I am at Stews once a week - I will mail them to you!
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    There's a place in my town called the Pizza Pub. ONLY truly excellent pizza joint in town. They have a chicago-style that is to die for. I would drive 6 hours to get that pizza, and I don't even have a driver's license.
  • RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hot boiled crawfish.. if you've ever been to Louisiana and had some you'd understand why. I can eat 5+ lbs of crawfish, suck the heads and everything. Omg and don't let there be sausage and potatoes in it *squeeeeeeeeeee!!*
  • cblevitron
    Options
    It takes me about an hour and a half to two hours to get to New Orleans, and I'd drive there for basically any food. Ever.
  • cblevitron
    Options
    Hot boiled crawfish.. if you've ever been to Louisiana and had some you'd understand why. I can eat 5+ lbs of crawfish, suck the heads and everything. Omg and don't let there be sausage and potatoes in it *squeeeeeeeeeee!!*

and corn and seafood sauce mmmmm
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Chocolate lava cake at Finale in Harvard Square. I may have to take a trip sometime soon!

Oh, and real free range eggs from the farm... Store bought eggs are so depressing and my chickens are off lay till March! :ohwell:
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My parents homemade spaghetti--I actually do have to drive 2 hours for that (or they do) when I get some. Yum yum yum! And soooo healthy too!
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    There is this place in the mall in Dearborn, Michigan. They make the best salads.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Popeye's chicken

Popeye's has the BEST mashed potatoes I have ever had.