Food you would drive two hours for?

Options

Replies

• lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Anything my Mom can cook. She lives in Texas and I in Michigan. It could be Kraft Mac and Cheese. Mom makes it special.

Awww that's so sweet :) I agree! My mom makes this digusting stuff, it's cheez wiz mixed with rice, chicken, canned mushrooms, and peas...but if my mommy handed it to me and said, I made this just for you, I'd eat it up! My mom lives in Florida and I in Connecticut, so I feel your pain!

Note: my mom is totally a good cook. There's just that dish that she thinks is delicious...bargh. She does make this soup, it's chicken broth made from scratch, with chicken, wild rice, peas, corn, spices, and tomatoes added in at the end. Then you chop up avocados and add it in to each bowl, and melt butter on flour tortillas to dip it in the soup. A squirt of fresh lime on top and perfect! What I would give to have a bowl of that today!
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory

HA!!! I've totally done that in my former days =D

Spontaneous trips to Houston for some good cheesecake!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If any of you are from Northeast Ohio - I would so TOTALLY drive at least two hours for my favorite meal from Swenson's:

A Galley boy, potato teezers with ranch to dip them in, and a chocolate peanut butter malt milkshake.

Oh my mouth is watering now. How I miss Swenson's since I moved to PA. I grew up on that stuff.

Oh, me too, love Swenson's!!! I go there every time I visit the siblings to get a double cheeseburger (no bun now that I'm wheat free) and their tater tots. Mum went to school with the original owners son, and we were sometimes rewarded to a dinner there as a much loved treat.
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Chicken and waffles at Roscoe's. I thought about driving up to Oakland for it but found out that they are closed, and the chicken and waffles place up there isn't as good from what I've heard. Roscoe's in Long Beach is so good, you will slap yourself. You will slap your mama.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'd tell you, but I don't want to embarrass her.

Oh naughty naughty. LOL!!! :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i used to drive about 2 hours to Philly for cheesesteaks(and beers).
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    White Castle sliders.... oh, yessssssss.

Oh noooooo :sick:
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    A nice ghost pepper burrito.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    sushi
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    I want some good German Food.... German Schnitzel another food I miss, but I had it when I was in Germany but it is offically Turkish is the Donor Kabap
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme Donuts!
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Cheesteak wit from Pats. Wings from Duffs. Spotted Cow from New Glarus.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    IMOS pizza on St. Louis
    My Moms cooking and any of my aunts home cooking
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In college, we used to drive two hours for Popeye's Chicken...sad but true. LOL! I would def drive more than 2 hours for Gladys Knight's Chicken and waffles with an uptown drink (a mix of VERY sweet tea and lemonade) :-) OMG im drooling.......................goodbye haha
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

dont know if you are a fan of spicy food like me but were as disappointed as i was when you finally had ghost peppers? with food they are not that hot at all...the only way to really feel them is to eat one raw. even then its not that bad.

i want to try the worlds hottest pepper(trinidad moruga scorpion) hopefully its a lot hotter.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Chicken and waffles at Roscoe's. I thought about driving up to Oakland for it but found out that they are closed, and the chicken and waffles place up there isn't as good from what I've heard. Roscoe's in Long Beach is so good, you will slap yourself. You will slap your mama.

YES!!!!!!! I agree
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    In college, we used to drive two hours for Popeye's Chicken...sad but true. LOL! I would def drive more than 2 hours for Gladys Knight's Chicken and waffles with an uptown drink (a mix of VERY sweet tea and lemonade) :-) OMG im drooling.......................goodbye haha

how great is Popeye's right? it blows away KFC, bojangles, church's etc...
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    To the person who mentioned Roscoe's a bit upthread, yesssssss. I just got hit with a chicken and waffles cravings today and was thinking about those all afternoon. XD

Anyway, I think I could beat out most people on this topic because I've driven much further than two hours for food, lol. See, I *love* bread--if I had to name a favorite sort of food, it'd be bread hands down. My father is often in different parts of California for work, and he had been promising to stop by Schat's bakery in Mammoth for ages, but every time he was in the area he either forgot (a;sldjflsdk) or wasn't there until they had already closed for the day. So eventually my mum and I got fed up with waiting for him to bring us delicious bread and cannoli (mmmmmmm, one of my many weaknesses...), so my family ended up making a day trip out of it, driving up the 395 and stopping off at places along the way like Pearsonville (boasting this sad, creepy, rickety, almost certainly not child safe playground that amused us for some time--also (self proclaimed?) hub cap capital of the world~), fossil falls, and Manzanar. But the end point and reason for going was this bakery.

...I live in San Jacinto, CA. Without making any stops, it's a 6 hour drive one way. :x
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

dont know if you are a fan of spicy food like me but were as disappointed as i was when you finally had ghost peppers? with food they are not that hot at all...the only way to really feel them is to eat one raw. even then its not that bad.

i want to try the worlds hottest pepper(trinidad moruga scorpion) hopefully its a lot hotter.

I'm not sure if you knew this, but the heat of the chili depends on the time of year that it is picked. The colder the weather in which the chili is harvested, the more spicy the pepper. You might have tried it at the wrong time of year.... Ghost peppers in the winter are the 3rd hottest in the world, halfway to government-issue pepper spray potency.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    NY bagels & pizza
    in-n-out