Do you enjoy pushups?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love pushups!!! Real ones. You'll improve and then it will be fun!
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    NO!!! but the best all around chest, arm, back and stomach workout is pushups. therefore if your don't have physical problems with ur shoulders, back or arms do them daily!!! the strongest sexyest people in the workout industry do good old fashioned pushups.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Pushups are your friends!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the feeling I get after doing more push-ups than I did the previous week.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love pushups. I started out on my knees and it hurt my knees so I started doing them on my bay window (about 18" off the floor) then I tried a real pushup one day and was amazed that I could do it, I was so proud. I did 10 that day, now I can do 25. I'm not where I want to be but my arms and back are showing all of my hard work and that makes me happy :)
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Okay.... was my original post just yesterday? It was, I think. Well, today I started the Push phase of ChaLean Extreme and guess what? I did ONE real pushup (on my toes)! It wasn't perfect, but I finally pushed myself back up. One is better than nothing, right?

That is simply awesome! You go girl!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    She's right. You hate the moves that are hardest for you! I used to not be able to do them and HATED HATED HATED them. Same with burpees. Now I own that **** lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    before responding to this thread, i knocked out 20 push ups.

lol. just kidding. i'm eating ice cream
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I hate burpees because I wasn't good at them, so I do 15 everytime I go to the gym so I get better at them. It took me 5 months to be able to do a full push up and they are still really hard but I give it a go and then go onto knees. Rather than spend time hating an exercise it's way more beneficial to spend the time perfecting them. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    unfortunately i can only manage the "girl" pushups hahha.... one day !
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I myself like the challenge. You have to work your way up. Push yourself. I went from not being able to do 1 pushup to now being able to do 20 on my toes. I do pushups just about everyday its like training yourself. Your body will get stronger. I'm working on going lower and lower on my pushups.
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    At 257lbs... I have to do them on my knees, but eventually I'll get strong enough to do a standard push up.

I have to do them because I am doing the 30 day shred so it is motivating me to do them. One good thing about the weight is that it is making me stronger when I do the pushups so as I am thinning out. I will be able to do push ups like a Boss.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Push ups are hard when you haven't done them before and are not used to it. The more you do them the easier they get!
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Pushups are your friends!
    ^ This!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I do them sporadically, but no, I don't like them. They are hard...but they are probably better than most chest machines at the gym, or maybe even freeweights.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    When I first started this journey I tried Jillian Michaels and thought I was going to die. Now, I do 35 guy pushups every night without stopping. About every couple weeks or so I add 5 more. I can never do less, so I make sure I can really pump them out before add the 5. Just be consistent and you will get better at them.
  • lexusgirl1
    Options
    Hated them w a passion. Now I look forward to them.
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I started out doing the normal ones (on toes) because the very idea of starting with the knee variation wounded my little ego, but that was ages ago. They hurt. I like how my pecs feel afterward.:smile: I hate how my glenohumeral joints respond to them. :grumble: (Ow)
    And one is DEFINITELY better than none. Every little bit counts.:flowerforyou:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    bump
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I started doing them on an exercise ball then on my knees. To do a bunch I still need to rep it on my knees but I can get in two real ones now per work out when i used to not be able to do any. BTW I have L5 degenerative disk and I can do them! ok so not a lot but the point is I can. I HATE them I now just do them because I can and they are an all body work out.