249lbs and MFP has my calories at 1460 a day.

2»

Replies

• witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Try changing it to one pound or 1.5lb. Also, get in some exercise and eat back those exercise calories. When I first started losing weight this is how I had it set out and I actually lost a lot quicker (although science says I shouldn't lol)
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm at 191 lbs and am set to lose 1 lb. a week and my daily calorie goal is 1,490. But if I set it to lose 2 lbs a week, my calorie goal goes down to 1,200. Mmmmm, that's okay. I'll stick with my 1,490 cals a day. :)
  • I weigh 240 lbs, but I'm also almost 5ft 11 so I'm at 1930 and I have it set to lose 1 lb a week, but if I upped it to 2 lbs a week it would have me at1430... So I'm sure it's because you have it set at 2 lbs.
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    This is strange.. I am 274 and 5'7"...set for 2 lbs a week and get 1460.
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    I get 1670 calories 2 lbs a week.

I am 257lbs at 5'9"
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Goto settings and diet profile and set your weight, goal weight, activity level and how fast you want to lose. That should make things more to your liking. If you make it too easy, you won't lose.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Keep in mind, too, that the amount MFP tells you to eat is BEFORE exercise.

1460 is a pretty low daily goal, if that's your total calorie goal. Add a half hour of moderate exercise, and you would probably have close to 1800 calories.

MFP "gave" me between 1200-1500 when I was losing weight, but after exercise, I was typically around 1600-2000+ and still lost as predicted.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    read this...my settings are TDEE-25%...about 1800 calories a day, and you don't eat your workout calories...I am set at lightly active.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I went with this, also. MFP had me around 1450 when I started plus exercise cals, but I found that I really didn't have enough energy to exercise to get calories back to eat. Vicious circle. I followed the roadmap 2.0 and have upped myself to 1691 and no exercise cals with a little wiggle room up to 1900 if I feel I need it. I've felt so much better and am still losing weight (well, not at the moment. Seem to be in a stall but I also just changed my strength routine). Take a look at it!
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    read this...my settings are TDEE-25%...about 1800 calories a day, and you don't eat your workout calories...I am set at lightly active.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I went with this, also. MFP had me around 1450 when I started plus exercise cals, but I found that I really didn't have enough energy to exercise to get calories back to eat. Vicious circle. I followed the roadmap 2.0 and have upped myself to 1691 and no exercise cals with a little wiggle room up to 1900 if I feel I need it. I've felt so much better and am still losing weight (well, not at the moment. Seem to be in a stall but I also just changed my strength routine). Take a look at it!

love this. I'll try to set it 20% of my TDEE