Options
    Who?
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    you're not the only one...absolutely heartbreaking :(
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just saw something about her. She is in the UK, I believe. The newest in a long list unfortunately.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Who?

Me too ??
  • JLand918
    JLand918 Posts: 156
    Options
    Ah yes I read about it, horrible how kids in current society have no idea how to interact with other people...sadly I feel the overflow of technology example:twitter,facebook are to blame..kids dont go outside anymore they dont know how to enjoy being around a campfire on a camping trip with other kids anymore now its all videogames,online chatting etc.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    She was 15 years old and from British Columbia Canada. It's horribly heartbreaking that someone was made to feel so alone and ashamed of who she was. I truly hope the other kids involved are held accountable and that someday her family will be able to find some peace.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I DO NOT condone suicide, however, it is REALLY horrible that she was so bullied she felt no other option. She even asked for help, is what they say, and no one got her any help. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves. Bullying is a horrific thing and it needs to stop.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I'm sure to offend (this is the internet after all) but while i feel bad for her family, i feel like we shouldn't glorify what she did. Going from a bullied outcast to a social media darling albeit posthumously sends the wrong message to others in her same position. The last thing we need is people trying to become the next Amanda Todd
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    jut googled. very sad indeed. Not even had a chance to become who she might have at that age :o(
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This tells all about her and the video she posted as a cry for help last month. Kids and adults alike are being battered and beaten in ways that the world has never seen before and it's all become considered OK because it's on the internet. The internet does not make you invincible and hurts more than ever because it's shared with millions of people.

http://musicjunkiepress.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/amanda-todd-did-not-deserve-to-die-bully-no-more/
  • Memerulez
    Options
    It is so sad to think that she believed that was her only out. The children or adults responsible for the bullying need to be held accountable. 15 is an awkward age to be anything but true to yourself, whomever you feel you are then. Ridicule is no way to treat another human ever! I hope she is at peace. I am praying for her family.
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    I just saw something about her. She is in the UK, I believe. The newest in a long list unfortunately.

Canada, actually. So sad
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yes I feel bad, it went way too far. I think so many teenagers feel really alone like her, but to have the added problems of being harassed and humiliated from what she did, that was too much.
    However, I think that sending an exposed pic of her chest was careless on her part and her parents probably should have been a little more involved in what she was doing online, going in chat rooms and such.
    At any rate, that was a terrible thing to have happen. I don't wish anyone to feel that way about themselves.
  • hassan26
    Options
    I feel like a ****, idk no why. Its kills me to see young peolpe die. and for people how dont understand me, You dont no what it is like to be bullied!
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    He parents did try to get her help, but unfortunately, the kids continued to bully and beat her (verbally & physically) even when she got counselling and moved 3 or 4 times. This is not a case of parent neglect, it is a case of peer abuse.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Very sad.
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do feel bad, she made bad choices as teens do, but the treatment she received
    was horrible, where were the adults in all this.

R.i.p Amanda
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Stacyhall, for posting the link for us to check out. It breaks your heart. She really did seem like a beautiful girl, and it is utterly tragic that a young girl was pressured by a stranger to expose herself at a young age, and then suffered nothing but hate ever after. How many mistakes have we all made at that time in our lives? Big, little, for whatever reason. Not being allowed to move on from them would have been awful, and would have been a waste of a lesson.

Poor little girl, she could have been and done so much, and instead she is no longer here. What a waste and what an awful end to an awful period in her life. Hopefully all those involved learn a lesson, and it teaches others to be a little less cruel.

Thank you for posting this thread. Amanda, you were a precious child, and deserved better. Wish we could have all told you this ourselves.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    He parents did try to get her help, but unfortunately, the kids continued to bully and beat her (verbally & physically) even when she got counselling and moved 3 or 4 times. This is not a case of parent neglect, it is a case of peer abuse.

^This.

I heard about her story a while back, but haven't been able to bring myself to watch the recent video yet.