Opinions on Prom/Formal Dress

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It looks great on you - enjoy your night!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think it looks nice and it's a suitable winter color.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Wear it like a champ! looks great
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in the dress!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yep. An exercise ball...they do wonders for the stomach area. :smile: That's great! It looks like you picked a winner!!

Thanks! I have one and I'll definitely start using it more!
  • cm1458
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! :) I'm gonna go for it.. If by December I havent tightened up my lower tummy I'll go for some spanx. You all are so helpful and nice!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I agree with just the bracelet and earrings (maybe some rhinestone drops?)..... I am torn about your hair!! LOL I think putting it up would emphasize the back (which is awesome!) But, a nice sideswept 'do would be very romantic as well. :) No matter what, you'll be a stunner!! :)
  • cm1458
    Options
    I agree with just the bracelet and earrings (maybe some rhinestone drops?)..... I am torn about your hair!! LOL I think putting it up would emphasize the back (which is awesome!) But, a nice sideswept 'do would be very romantic as well. :) No matter what, you'll be a stunner!! :)

Thanks! I think I'll try sideswept!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    It looks great! but if you're still insecure, just wear control panties underneath :-)
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just bought that dress for my boyfriends Marine Corps Ball! Same color too. I love it. I think its sexy without showing too much skin. Also not outrageously expensive :)
  • kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You look great, but if you're a little uncomfortable about your tummy area, I have one word for you...SPANX! My daughter wore it to her prom, and it was just enough to up her confidence a little bit.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think you look gorgeous in it. Wear it and be proud of all your hard work.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    if you're worried about your tummy then take Tyra Bank's advice that every girl, no matter how big or small should own a pair of tummy flattening panties :o) they sell them in small (i've never seen extra smalls) & i'm a size 2 but own a couple pairs for outfits that can't show any pouch or when you know there will be a lot of pictures & don't want to risk a bad angle making you look prego. ♥ ps- ubber cute dress. i love it.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Thanks! you all are awesome. I think my date will be shocked to see me in it..I usually don't wear anything that really shows off my body...usually a t-shirt or some kind of flowy dress... I think he's going to love it, though. But He's not seeing it until the night of! :)
    To quote a movie, if you don't love it at the store you are not going to wear it. Find something that you love and don't settle for anything less.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous in that dress :)
    I've been to many formal events, and I swear by my tummy holding granny panties and control top pantyhose. You feel a bit (a lot!) silly, but it helps :)
  • cm1458
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I'll definitely consider the underwear thing. :)
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I LIKE IT!!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Do you feel good in it? Because i say go for it! I dont see any clinging and think it fits you to a T!

I do feel pretty good in it! :) It just clings a little toward the lower tummy (combination of mostly extra skin and some fat)... I'm just afraid of looking icky... I've never worn anything like this before ;) and thank you!

Hun, you've lost alot of weight and you look GREAT! I think this ^ is some residual insecurity from the way you used to feel before you lost weight. The best way to kick insecurity in the face is to do exactly that thing that you're afraid of doing. Wear the dress. You like it, it's gorgeous, and you're gorgeous in it. :flowerforyou:
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and that's a great color. Wear it girlfriend!
  • emilymonnig
    Options
    I think it looks lovely! You really don't need Spanx, but you can avoid the dreaded pantyline issue with Spanx, and they do provide some control. Target carries a less expensive version that is quite a bit more comfortable :)