How often do you weigh yourelf?

Options
I do it every morning is that okay?

Replies

• PhoebesFit
    Options
    Every Saturday. For me daily weigh ins can be a little daunting some times. However some women/men find the motivational. Good job on the 10 pounds
  • galfan
    galfan Posts: 13
    Options
    once per week is what I do. Usually Sundays or Mondays. I don't like to see it every day because if I gain weight (possibly from being bloated) I get down on myself even though I know it's only one day.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, absolutely ok to do this.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee and naked..:smile:
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I weigh myself every day.
  • viccigb
    viccigb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning too. I keeps me on track. If I don't, I find that every day I'll eat a bit more and more. It's funny though because I have to be awake enough (as if being tired makes you weigh more), I won't let myself even take a sip of water and I have to go use the restroom first! LOL If I do any of the above, I won't weigh myself until the next morning!
  • HerPanda
    Options
    Once a week. Load off my mind. lol
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday in the morning and every night before bed! I only log my weight once a week, on Sundays.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    everyday but i only record it once a week
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee and naked..:smile:

Ditto- so 100% consistant.
  • xcarbonix
    Options
    I typically weigh myself when I feel my clothes fit different. I only really gain weight in two area and can tell when the scale shifts a little. I only step on the scale when I can consistently tell I've lost a inch or so in that area.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I record when I show weight loss.....my weight fluctuates daily and I don't stress if it is up a pound so. It keeps me motivated daily :-)
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning too. I keeps me on track. If I don't, I find that every day I'll eat a bit more and more. It's funny though because I have to be awake enough (as if being tired makes you weigh more), I won't let myself even take a sip of water and I have to go use the restroom first! LOL If I do any of the above, I won't weigh myself until the next morning!

Not sure what "awake enough" means, but I also will skip a morning weigh in if I drink or eat something first. I think daily weigh-ins are fine if you don't get too upset by every little change, but I'm in maintenance, so I want the info. When I was losing, I tried to only weight 2 or 3 times per week. I only record it as a weigh-in once a week, tho, on Sunday.
  • am12341
    am12341 Posts: 23
    Options
    Every morning, right after I pee. But Friday mornings are my reference day. This way, if you cheat a bit on the weekend, you still have all week to get in the gym and make up for it.

Its also important to take measurements. Sometimes you don't lose pounds, but you do lose inches.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My mom or bestfriend weighs me once every 5 days or once a week. I actually dont know the number the record it and have decided when the time is right they will tell me.
  • Musically_Blessed
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday after I use the bathroom. I find it's more accurate when your body is at a 'natural' weight, like you haven't added any food or drinks into the system, or added heavy clothes (normally pajamas are light and add little if any weight).
    Plus, its also easier to see how your weight fluctuates. I would go crazy if I didn't know how much I weighed.
  • jangyxox
    Options
    I weigh myself one a week (every Monday) after I've gone to the bathroom and in my underwear (so it is consistent :) ).
    I used to weigh myself everyday but I find that it doesn't really reflect much and I get rather discouraged by the lack of shift in numbers. So I decided to only measure myself once a week since then & also measure my waist once a week :-)
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Once a month
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    The one that counts (first morning, naked) is Sunday morning. When I jump on the Wii, it weighs me every day, and it can get annoying, because if you work out early one day, and later the next-you will weigh more on the second day. So I don't pay too much attention to that.