How often do you weigh yourelf?

Options

Replies

• roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OMG! I didn't even notice that it said my elf!! Haha I am wearing fake nails so sometimes it feels like it presses the key but it doesn't haha.

That was hysterical definitely LMAO!!!
    And i weigh myself every morning, naked, and after i pee. I'm a slave to the damn scale :-/
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    A couple times a month
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm at the gym and remember to do it. I don't have a home scale so I weigh myself after working out and before showering.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've spent my life weighing myself almost every day .. every few days. It never fails .. when I don't look at the scales (vacations or just too busy to think about it - even after a shower) .. I gain weight

I didn't weigh myself for 34 days back in Aug/Sep .. and whammo .. 15 lbs later! LOL Can ya guess what brought me here? (giggles)

There's no right or wrong method .. my method works well because I know I have on average (when I'm maintaining) around a 5 lb difference .. and that usually crops up once a month .. if ya know what I mean :wink:

of course . right now .. i'm on a mission to lose my unexpected weight gain :smile:
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    once a week :p lately on wednesdays but after Halloween fridays
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning too! Unless I'm on my period..
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Once every 2-4 weeks. I spent a hell of a lot of time when younger obsessing about every gram I gained or lost, weighing myself up to 5 times a day. Life's too short for that, so now I'm content to be surprised (or horrified lol) a coupe of times a month.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning ^_^ Too inaccurate otherwise, with water weight fluctuation and whatnot.
  • Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday and Sunday mornings first thing!!
  • jade_131
    jade_131 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday!
  • paperlily
    paperlily Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    About once every four to six months.
  • Hyespirit
    Hyespirit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Saturday morning.... try to around same time of morning.... makes a difference.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Usually every day when I get up, but the only one that counts is Saturday, (that was my weigh-in day when I was using WW) I decided to keep that as "Official" but I like to see the trend during the week, usually if it's not moving I need to eat a little more of my exercise calories back. Daily fluxes let me monitor that I am in what I consider my sweet spot for Intake/Burn.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning right before I take a shower. I too won't drink or eat anything first. Keeps me motivated!
  • Reytor
    Reytor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My plan is every Friday before I eat or drink anything.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, daily, mainly because I find it easier to have a daily routine than a weekly one. To me, logically, daily makes sense too. Due to fluctuations, if I weigh on a low day one week and a high day the next, I may believe I've gained when I've actually been losing, and become discouraged because I know I'm eating little enough to lose.

I think the essential judge of whether a system is right for you is whether it keeps you sane. If fluctuations from daily weigh-ins upset you, don't do it. If you eat as little as possible the day before a weekly weigh-in and avoid proper hydration just to see a lower number that day, don't do weekly. Whenever you weigh you should be looking for trends rather than particular numbers.
  • aplanck
    Options
    Once a week, the same time every week. I usually weigh in the morning after using the restroom. :smile:
  • pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every morning :)
  • queensturg
    Options
    We have a scale in the locker room at the gym I go to, and I usually hop on each morning I go, unless that corner of the locker room is crowded when I'm in, which it rarely is. I know that weight can fluctuate up to a few pounds during the day, so if my weight is up a little I'm not bothered and don't count that as weight gained, but if I'm down at all I do count that as progress ;)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Usually every day when I get up, but the only one that counts is Saturday, ......... as "Official" but I like to see the trend during the week, . Daily fluxes let me monitor .

As above