Personality or Looks: What do you notice first?

six1908
six1908 Posts: 99 Member
I engaged in an conversation with a girl on here recently about relationships. She said that she has noticed since losing weight that more of the "*kitten*" have come out and come forward. I know that guys tend to notice looks first, and women, personality... but let's be honest.. what really attracts you to someone in the beginning? Thoughts?

Replies

• Be_EmbracE
    Be_EmbracE Posts: 1,472 Member
    personality!!!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Height. I'm 6ft 2 and finding a guy taller than me is like finding the Holy Grail.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Lets be honest...looks...then personality
  • There's got to be some basic physical attraction there before you wonder about the personality... So imma say looks! If the personality is s..hite they ultimately become unattractive anyway IMO.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 582 Member
    Personality all the way. If you're a bore or way to into yourself, we're better off if we part ways.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    It's kind of difficult to not notice looks first... since that's what you always see before you get to know someone's personality? (:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'm more attracted to personality, but ... you can't SEE personality, so of course I'm going to notice looks first. Physical attraction is an immediate response. It takes time to uncover personality and compatibility.

But if someone opens his mouth and is a douche or an idiot, no amount of good looks can counter that. :noway:
  • makkman
    makkman Posts: 212
    I cant help but notice looks first. The personality develops once u start to interact with person. At least that is my beliefs
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Unconsciously, the same thing as everyone else - facial symmetry and waist to shoulder ratio.

After that, I notice hands. :tongue:

ETA: Derp... didn't answer the question. Unless I was completely blind, I'd say it would be difficult to notice personality first, so looks.
  • Physical appearance (can't help that)...especially height. Even at 5'2-5'3 I usually date guys over 6'0.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    height first.... hands down
    nice eyes/smile
    well dressed...
  • Personality. I tend to be quite unfair and think if they're very attractive they must be arrogant and cocky too (as a lot of people are!) so I am much more attracted to people with good personalities. Looks will fade in the end, you gotta have someone by your side that you actually want to hold a conversation with!
  • six1908
    six1908 Posts: 99 Member
    I never knew girls looked at height. Seriously. I'm pretty naive I suppose. I'm 6'4", just never knew that was looked at.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    looks makes my head turn but personality makes me curious :smile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Looks is an appetitizer. Personality is the main course.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Looks is an appetitizer. Personality is the main course.

Very true!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Obviously looks then personality...though I have to say if a hot girl walks around as if she owns the place it's a complete turn off!!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    I absolutely have a type looks wise, dark-haired tattooed handsome musicians... but that gets ugly very quickly if someone has zero personality and can't make me laugh till my tummy hurts... I can say without doubt that within the first 10 minutes of talking to someone they can get 50% more attractive or 100% less attractive!
  • Looks is an appetitizer. Personality is the main course.

Ha, that's a good one!