All you obese ppl..do you do this?

Options
sam308lbs
sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
You never add hot chicks/guys in their 20s/30s even if they are the one's to have initiated the request.
Maybe its bcuz you can picture them seeing your "before" pics and cringing.Or you think One fine day when i lose all this weight i am deffo gonna add her/him but not now!
I do this all the time but i am pretty sure once i lose the weight steadily and gradually i will gain my confidence back.Just wondering if anyone else out there does this too

I posted this on the chit chat forum for fun so plz dont make this about boosting my morale.Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    I'm at my goal weight and I don't add people. But not because I'm insecure. Just because I don't want any more friends....I don't spend much time in the feed, and hardly ever post any "statuses".

It is good to have a few buddies here, but I don't see the point in having a lot of them
  • acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    I look at it this way... I keep the friends that I have now and I know that they were there because they liked me for me.. They saw pass the obesity and actually found a decent person inside...

There are lots of people who make first judgement just by looking at the person. Not even talking to the person, not even giving the other person a chance.

But one thing that you learn about being over weight, then you drop all this weight and you start to associate with other people is that you can see right through those fake people.

The best thing that comes out of being over weight and being that person that everyone ignores is that you have a better outlook on life.. You don't take it for granted.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I tend to add people that are in similar situations because it seems more relevant to me. If a hot chick/dude wanted to be my friend it would be fine. totally fine. better than fine. :)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I try to only at women that are similar in goals or motivation as me.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    My list is a pretty good mix. There are some just starting out and some that are ripped to shreads. What I look for in friends is knowledge, support and a good attitude.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Nope....don't really have that problem. Not that I didn't WANT to or didn't think about it. I was embarrassed before like facebook and other media channels to do so (I have some ex boyfriends on there that found me later). But, I figured, I got myself here in the first place so why should I hide them from the truth? If anything, it should be more of a motivating factor to get myself active and lose the weight. Let them see me as I am. If they judge, then there is no reason to have them on my list in the first place. Plus, if I end up losing, they get to share in that journey and see how strong you really are.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    Im Obese and Sexy... i add people on here who will be supportive and motivational .. or who have advice and tips for me ... Yes i have plenty of very very sexy people on my friends list ..
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My list is a pretty good mix. There are some just starting out and some that are ripped to shreads. What I look for in friends is knowledge, support and a good attitude.

Short and sweet and well said. :-)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I add just about anyone who sends a request. I'm not worried about it. You're fat. I'm fat. Pretty much most people on this site are fat or have been fat...even the "hot" ones. Also, what defines "hot"? There are plenty of fat "hot" people..just look at me. :laugh:

I don't know about confidence, I have plenty, but it's more about if you don't like me for who I am now, then I don't want to bother with you later. Not worth MY time.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the person doing the requesting, if I like their profile and they seem to have a good sense of humour I add them. Doesn't matter what weight I am at when the request comes. My friends are all ages and they are all brilliant.
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I try to add people with similar goals or stats for motivation and support. Although if a hot guy wanted to add me, I can't say as I would deny him the honor ;)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I think there is nothing wrong with wanting a particular type of friend. I only accept women preferably closer to my age.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    You never add hot chicks/guys in their 20s/30s even if they are the one's to have initiated the request.
    Maybe its bcuz you can picture them seeing your "before" pics and cringing.Or you think One fine day when i lose all this weight i am deffo gonna add her/him but not now!
    I do this all the time but i am pretty sure once i lose the weight steadily and gradually i will gain my confidence back.Just wondering if anyone else out there does this too

I posted this on the chit chat forum for fun so plz dont make this about boosting my morale.Thanks

That's pretty twisted :frown:
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Almost all my friends are either diabetic or paleo/primal. People's shape makes no difference to me. I started out obese, I have just reached normal BMI so have been through all the stages, and I always had people supporting me, and I support them. Size or how long you have been here makes no difference to me at all.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    ALL of the people on my list are HELLA sexy. It doesn't even matter what size they are. Each one of them is delectable. :smokin:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'll add pretty much anyone who wants to add me except woman collectors.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I tend to add people that are in similar situations because it seems more relevant to me. If a hot chick/dude wanted to be my friend it would be fine. totally fine. better than fine. :)

Ditto to this! :bigsmile:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    ALL of the people on my list are HELLA sexy. It doesn't even matter what size they are. Each one of them is delectable. :smokin:

I like this.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm here to lose weight, I add anyone that wants to help motivate me or needs my motivation. I'm hoping to counsel people in the future. I know what it's like and want to help. Maybe one of these fantastic looking people have been there and can offer assistance. Or maybe they just want to help.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i dont care what someone looks like as long as we help each other who cares