• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i dont care what someone looks like as long as we help each other who cares

^^ this^^
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I tend to add people that are in similar situations because it seems more relevant to me. If a hot chick/dude wanted to be my friend it would be fine. totally fine. better than fine. :)

^^
    this, and people I post with regularly. The whole turning 40 and wanting to get my @ss in gear!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am delighted to accept Friend-requests BUT

1. I am 63 years old
    2. male
    and
    3. married - I imagine that a friend request from me would just look too, too weird.

I sometimes respond to requests for advice and sometimes get into a dialogue - briefly
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I add just about anyone who sends a request. I'm not worried about it. You're fat. I'm fat. Pretty much most people on this site are fat or have been fat...even the "hot" ones. Also, what defines "hot"? There are plenty of fat "hot" people..just look at me. :laugh:

I don't know about confidence, I have plenty, but it's more about if you don't like me for who I am now, then I don't want to bother with you later. Not worth MY time.

^^ LOL this 100 percent! I'm doing this for me, I've made great progress but I still have a super long way to go. Luckily all of the people on my friends list are awesome and supportive and most have been with me on my journey since day one. If you support me, I support you. Size and body type mean nothing to me. It's all about the person. I'm friendly and positive and if someone doesn't like me because of my weight well honestly they can suck a big one. Their loss, cuz I'm pretty awesome. Just sayin :wink:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    wow this puts things in a perspective..so its just me then uh oh!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it doesn't bother me. I wore my weight on the outside for 25 years. I don't care if people on the internet see it.
  • NdianJourney
    Options
    I don't think its just you. I am sure that a lot of people here on MFP have some type of negative feelings about themselves or how people perceive them. We all here have issues with our weight. That is how we all became members. I know that I have ran across certain people's profile that I considered added but chose not to. I don't remember who said it but I read that she added people who basically she felt could relate to her better but if anyone else felt like added her, That would be great. I agree with that. I am not looking for a specific type of friend just someone who can relate to what I am going through. Someone who doesn't pass judgement, and brings to the table as much as I do which is support, motivation, and understanding.

Best Wishes,
    Gina
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I don't think its just you. I am sure that a lot of people here on MFP have some type of negative feelings about themselves or how people perceive them. We all here have issues with our weight. That is how we all became members. I know that I have ran across certain people's profile that I considered added but chose not to. I don't remember who said it but I read that she added people who basically she felt could relate to her better but if anyone else felt like added her, That would be great. I agree with that. I am not looking for a specific type of friend just someone who can relate to what I am going through. Someone who doesn't pass judgement, and brings to the table as much as I do which is support, motivation, and understanding.

Best Wishes,
    Gina
    this was very comforting..thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Nah - I'm 61, female, and married but yet will send requests to men. (hehe - hubby knows, too) If they're about my age, similiar goals and/or sound very supportive and motivating to others, I'll send a request. Most friends I have found through the forums and reading their posts. Sometimes I think it's good having support from members of the opposite sex..:)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 lbs to lose, I qualify as obese, and I have smokin' hot male and female friends on my friends list , some are at their goal and working at keeping it there, others are still working on getting to their goals. I find it very motivating to see someones end result, its proof that it can happen, not just some image on a fitness informercial and I am happy for them, and excited for me that I can do the same thing too!
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    Nah, if "hot" people are adding me to Facebook, and I actually know who they are, I will accept. Not because they are "hot", but because I must know them somehow.

I don't really think anyone is "hot" though, thus the quotations around that word. lol
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I don't add fit young women because, what do they have in common with a 54 year old overweight male???
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No. I've never done that. If my before, a.k.a. current, pics bother them so bad that they have a difficult time typing words to me online then we shouldn't be friends.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I add who ever I like. Obese et all.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My list is a pretty good mix. There are some just starting out and some that are ripped to shreads. What I look for in friends is knowledge, support and a good attitude.

And she decided to be my friend anyways. D'awww.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I add people who are committed, offer advice, support me and have similar goals. So obviously I would accept a request from someone more my size than someone with rock hard abs. I am a married woman and I could care less what they look like.
  • Hiccup90
    Hiccup90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Personally no, I add them if I'm interested in them or not. If they don't like me at the size I am now then they don't deserve me when I'm slim.
    I want a guy to like me for who I am. Not for how I look because at the end, personality is the thing that we are left with after our looks are gone.

As for just a friend then I'll add any one who's nice enough :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of friends no matter big or small. We all have the same goals of eating healthy and losing some weight. I do prefer positive feedback rather than negative though.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I only add people that :

1) Fill in the message invite
    2) Are not friend collectors.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Only 3 of the people on my friends list are people I've added. All other friend requests were incoming.