breakfast?

Options

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You don't need to "wake up" or "rev up" your metabolism; it doesn't stop or go to sleep overnight. I eat breakfast probably 3 days a week on average. The other days I don't have my first meal until the afternoon. I'm certainly not starving myself, and can easily fit my calories into the rest of the day. Lots of people use intermittent fasting to help reach their goals.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    really? do you have any proof?

Why don't you ask the other folks saying it does matter for their proof?
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day (at least M-F). I actually look forward to it! :wink:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Literally speaking, breakfast means "breaking the fast", so whatever time of day you eat for the first time that day, it's breakfast. EVERYbody eats breakfast.
  • JesterMFP
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time you eat, as long as you eat. Check out this thread for more discussion on this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency
  • SAbreu83
    Options
    I always eat breakfast and cannot live without it. I used to skip breakfast when I was 44 lbs heavier, hence including breakfast in my life had a positive effect on my weight loss journey. I don´t have scientific facts to prove my point, but I can tell you that it was one thing i´ve changed in my daily habits and it´s working for me. Good luck!
  • mfp116
    mfp116 Posts: 108
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time you eat, as long as you eat. Check out this thread for more discussion on this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency
    thank you:D ill have a read of that :)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat breakfast but then I became diabetic. Most mornings I have 2 soft boiled eggs or an ounce of cheese. They didn't say how MUCH the breakfast had to be. They recommend 6 small meals a day for me. That's plenty if you consider that since I'm 5'4", small framed, and 54 so if I want to weigh 110 I should only be eating between 1210 and 1480 calories.
  • mfp116
    Options

will you calm down.. this whole post is about me trying to learn what other people think of breakfast not some huge abuse rant towards people who dont eat it..
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I like to eat breakfast because without it I'm tired and I'm starving by my lunchtime (usually around 3-3:30pm) during my workweek. So for me, breakfast makes sense. Weekends I rarely eat an actually breakfast and usually just have a larger lunch and then dinner later.

If you're hungry for breakfast and it makes sense for you and what you're doing, then do it. Thats as simple as it is, no need to stress over it.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You don't need to "wake up" or "rev up" your metabolism; it doesn't stop or go to sleep overnight. I eat breakfast probably 3 days a week on average. The other days I don't have my first meal until the afternoon. I'm certainly not starving myself, and can easily fit my calories into the rest of the day. Lots of people use intermittent fasting to help reach their goals.

Same here, except I would say I only miss breakfast a couple of days a week. It just depends on what I feel like on that day. If my body tells me I need breakfast, I eat it.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer in not skipping breakfast, lunch or supper. Or my snacks. Then again I have a good reason not to anymore. Having low blood sugar is NOT fun so I have to remember to eat every 3 to 4 hours.

I always feel better with breakfast in my belly. Even if it is only a slice of toast or a yogurt. Maybe it does not kick start your metabolism but it certainly keeps your blood sugars in check.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

will you calm down.. this whole post is about me trying to learn what other people think of breakfast not some huge abuse rant towards people who dont eat it..

Why on earth do you think I was excited?. I asked you a basic question. A little sensitive aren't you?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this is a pretty good article talking about skipping breakfast. it also states that those articles for breakfast, don't really say things like what kind of food, what time frame it is eaten at after waking up, etc.

http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/skip-breakfast/

and this is a beginners guide to intermittent fasting.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/02/08/intermittent-fasting/
  • mfp116
    Options
    I am a firm believer in not skipping breakfast, lunch or supper. Or my snacks. Then again I have a good reason not to anymore. Having low blood sugar is NOT fun so I have to remember to eat every 3 to 4 hours.

I always feel better with breakfast in my belly. Even if it is only a slice of toast or a yogurt. Maybe it does not kick start your metabolism but it certainly keeps your blood sugars in check.

and thats if that isnt a good enough reason to eat breakfast i dont know what is :) breakfast for me doesnt revolve round the whole metabolism thing really i eat breakfast because of that but i did only want to find out peoples opinions but i can already see this post turning into an argument from previous posters getting offended over petty things
  • JesterMFP
    Options

That's a good point; people with diabetes or other blood sugar issues may well need to eat meals at certain times to keep things on an even keel.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I think all people are different. For many people they need to eat for energy, others do fine waiting for a couple of hours. Some people need 6 meals a day, others can eat all their calories in one meal. Do what works for you.

I like doing my workout first thing in the morning. I like doing fasted cardio, but with weights, I need food in my body to fuel my workout. If I go too long without eating, I tend to binge eat, so I don't like going too long without eating. I eat breakfast most days, but some days I wait for about 2 hours to eat it.
  • mfp116
    Options
    [/quote]

Why on earth do you think I was excited?. And where exactly was my rant? It was a short sentence. I asked you a basic question. A little sensitive aren't you?
    [/quote]

calm down -.- seriously.
    i meant the post in general was just a question i wasn't meaning you were being abusive i meant the whole post wasn't being abusive to people with conflicting opinions i asked for proof since im a person who believes in breakfast no need to be so touchy
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Why on earth do you think I was excited?. And where exactly was my rant? It was a short sentence. I asked you a basic question. A little sensitive aren't you?
    [/quote]

calm down
    [/quote]

you are funny. And I pose the question again.
  • mfp116
    Options
    I think all people are different. For many people they need to eat for energy, others do fine waiting for a couple of hours. Some people need 6 meals a day, others can eat all their calories in one meal. Do what works for you.

I like doing my workout first thing in the morning. I like doing fasted cardio, but with weights, I need food in my body to fuel my workout. If I go too long without eating, I tend to binge eat, so I don't like going too long without eating. I eat breakfast most days, but some days I wait for about 2 hours to eat it.

haha i have the same issue! by the time lunch rolls around im absolutely starving :)