I went to an amusement park last night

Options
13»

Replies

• ccarebear344
    Options
    What an awful experience. My boyfriend eats whatever he wants and it's super frustrating. I counted the amount of calories he ate it in a day once, and it was nearly triple what I should have. Maybe, you could try mentally counting your husband's calories to help him see how much he eats. Feel free to friend request.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I feel your pain--my highest weight was 325lbs and I could not ride rollercoasters, etc.

But, just last week I went to Disneyland and enjoyed that at my new weight of 160lbs I no longer have to wonder whether I will fit. I rode rollercoasters and other rides that I have not even attempted in years.

Hang in there--it is worth the effort.

If your husband does not support you just go it alone. i understand it will be harder, but you still control what goes in your mouth. Refuse to let anyone hinder your progress towards your goal.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had that experience, but you are making something positive out of it. It opened your husband's eyes to the situation and ignited a new fire in you.

You can do this - keep us posted so we can keep cheering you on!
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your night, but maybe this is the eye opener you and your husband needed. You can def turn this sad moment into a turning point for your health! This same thing happened to my sister. Feel free to add me, I would love to see you on your journey, and I know you can do it!
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Added you. My MFP friends have been a great resource. wolfehound22 is one of the best ones.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others who have said this was a good wake up call or "your rock bottom" we all have gotten to that moment. It is up to you what to do with that moment and make the necessary changes. Think how great it will be in January when you have made it through the rest of 2012, you will weigh less and have less to go. No need to make a new years resolution that might happen as you will already be on your way. We went to CP this year and while your experience and mine are not quite the same I did have a difficult time on Woodstock Express, which is a kids ride I fit but barely. Going to Disney in about 3 weeks I told myself the day I booked in Augus I would be 30 pounds less. I am almost there, I have lots to go but I too will be ready for the "Gatekeeper" next year :happy:

Feel free to add me as a friend, I like to help and interact with others on a similiar path...best of luck to you. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • KarenRae66
    KarenRae66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This site is a great place to come for support..feel free to add me. You CAN do it!!:flowerforyou:
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I've always loved riding roller coasters (really any amusement park rides). I quit going probably about 10 years ago because I didn't want to be the one holding the purses while everyone else had fun. I don't think people that have never struggled with weight understand how it can hinder you from participating in things that you really enjoy. Once I dropped about 60 lbs (from around 240 to 180) I went to Six Flags and was able to ride every roller coaster! It was the most amazing feeling when you can pull down the lap bar and it actually hits your legs not your tummy. You will get there!!! And it sounds like this might have been the eye opener that your husband needed to be able to support you in your efforts! I hope so because it is so much easier when you're family is on board too!!

Good luck on this journey!! I know you can be successful!
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You are going to do this! In May, you will be shocked at how far you have come!!! You are in the right pace at precisely the right time and with the help of a few friends, you will stay motivated and positive :happy: throughout your journey! I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at the park but I truly believe "only good things can come from it!" Keep your head up, you've already taken the most difficult step in the right direction!

Feel free to add me if you would like another friend on your journey :-)
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I haven't been to an amusement park in years and used to love to go. You are welcome to add me if you like. I am at about the same weight as you and wanting to get below 200 myself.
  • dyoung92082
    dyoung92082 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Michelle,

I'd like to be MFP friends. I think we are similar. I am new to this website and recently started my 'lifestyle' change. I'm 285 pounds, maxed at 295 and just said enough is enough. My husand doesn't NOT support me, but he isn't pushing me either. I want to be able to go back to Great America some day. My husband has never been there, but we can't do until we both lose weight. He is a weight lifter so when he puts his mind to it he can lose...or gain.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    OMG I WANT TO HUG YOU SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baby girl! shakes head

you have no idea the power you harness on the day you make this decision. No matter what seemingly little (to the rest of the world) event makes that moment click in your head - own it forever. Hold on to the thoughts of all the amazing fun you'll be able to have next year- without the looming worry of rollercoasters trying to make you feel badly about yourself. They are supposed to inspire a whole other kind of fear lolol

make yourself a starter kit! seriously!!!

create a wall or a corkboard or a dry erase board and tons of colorful markers where you can proudly display your progress in all kinds of fun areas (not just scale/BMI- thats a death sentence) but also measurements, current clothing sizes, body fat %, resting pulse, the first time you ran, the first sit up, push up, the first time you ANYTHING, calendars, stars for workouts, little envelopes with mini rewards in them that you cant have til you reach your mini goal, every 30 minutes you spend in dedicated exercising - you can have a new song for your workout playlist at the end of the month! Reward yourself with fun kitchen stuff to encourage you to eat right, with cheap workout clothes from wal-mart or old navy- big ones like running shoes later and stuff like that!

JUST CELEBRATE EVERYTHING!!! (while making sure that you slowly, carefully and with full intent.... develope your self-discipline so that when its not fun... you keep going. ok?)

:drinker: here's to today and to you.
  • pinkpanthers1995
    pinkpanthers1995 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OMG I WANT TO HUG YOU SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baby girl! shakes head

you have no idea the power you harness on the day you make this decision. No matter what seemingly little (to the rest of the world) event makes that moment click in your head - own it forever. Hold on to the thoughts of all the amazing fun you'll be able to have next year- without the looming worry of rollercoasters trying to make you feel badly about yourself. They are supposed to inspire a whole other kind of fear lolol

make yourself a starter kit! seriously!!!

create a wall or a corkboard or a dry erase board and tons of colorful markers where you can proudly display your progress in all kinds of fun areas (not just scale/BMI- thats a death sentence) but also measurements, current clothing sizes, body fat %, resting pulse, the first time you ran, the first sit up, push up, the first time you ANYTHING, calendars, stars for workouts, little envelopes with mini rewards in them that you cant have til you reach your mini goal, every 30 minutes you spend in dedicated exercising - you can have a new song for your workout playlist at the end of the month! Reward yourself with fun kitchen stuff to encourage you to eat right, with cheap workout clothes from wal-mart or old navy- big ones like running shoes later and stuff like that!

JUST CELEBRATE EVERYTHING!!! (while making sure that you slowly, carefully and with full intent.... develope your self-discipline so that when its not fun... you keep going. ok?)

:drinker: here's to today and to you.

Some amazing advice! You are on your way to a great new life and I am sorry you had a sad moment to get you there. Shake it off and use that moment to keep pushing you forward. You can do it! Feel free to add me - would love to encourage you on your journey!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You are all so amazing!

I cried just typing this - but like someone said - this will be the moment that changed my life. I know how to lose weight. Now I just have to do it.

I have a big sign on my fridge. It says 62 pounds to go. I also hung up a pair of my " sexy jeans " - from when we got married last July ( 35 lbs ago) on my bathroom door, so every time I shut the door and look in the mirror, I will see them.

I am proud of myself today. I got on the elliptical twice for 15 minutes each time. I also only drank water.

My first goals are to cut out the soda had the fast food and to get in 30 minutes of exercise a day

Good for you!! Sounds like you have a realistic plan and I love the sign on your fridge and the jeans o remind you if your goals. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've already got the tiger by the tail. You GO girl!! YOU are the amazing one and I can't wait to see the changes on your journey. :drinker:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    use that as your goal... you say next summer you will be able to ride that ride with your husband... my goal was the take my 10 year old nephew on a rollercoaster ride this summer at the amusement park. my goal was to not need a belt extension on the airplane...

both were accomplished...

as T I said let you haters be your motivators
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making a great choice at such a young age!!!! Empower yourself, with all the knowledge you can about healthy nutritious foods,snacks..etc so you don't feel cheated when others around you are indulging!! You made realistic goals and your going to succeed!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    So my starting weight was a little higher than yours (like 80 punds or so :wink:) but I know how you feel. We all know how you feel. Even if it wasn't a roller coaster that inhibited us, it was something. It was going to the beach. It was riding an airplane. It was swinging on a swing at the park. It was not fitting into a seat at the movie theater. We all had that moment that was our "ENOUGH!" moment. That was yours.

Right now you and I weigh just about the same. I am 256 and 5'6. I would love to be a friend to you on your journey. Let's see if you can beat me to 200!! lol