Early morning workouts :O

Options
2»

Replies

• rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the gym every morning at 5:30 am. I go a little later when my son is in school.
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Whenever I work out before work, I like to get there 2 hours before having to be in (I have a half hour + commute mind you...)

That way, I get a solid 60 minutes to work out, plus 30 to pull myself together, clean up, change clothes, and eat something or at least drink a shake.

It makes for some early mornings, but it's a phenomenal way to start the day!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up at 5am and I'll do a variety of workouts depending on how I feel but usually Tae Bo kickboxing & Circuit Training. Planning to start running and weigt training.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    yup. i even drag my husband along. i wake up at 4:30, get to the gym by 5 (a couple minutes past; husband is not easy to get out the door), do 30 minutes of strength training and finish the session out with cardio (45-60 minutes). it gets easier as you go along; just don't give yourself a choice. sleep in your gym shorts, set your bag by the door, don't let any obstacles stand between you and the door.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I wake up at 5:30 to get my daughter ready for school and out the door. I hit the gym right after she leaves, around 6:30, then I go home and get some dance time in (total work out is about an hour). Then I get ready for work. :smile:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning gym-goer too. I'm usually up between 4:30-5:00 and get to the gym around 5:00-5:30. The best reply I've seen here about it is below, stolen from another thread on the same topic, and I hope the original author (DavPul) doesn't mind that I'm quoting it here:
    If there was a million dollars waiting at the gym for you, but you had to get up at 5am to get it, would you set your alarm clock, wake up and go?

If a loved one was being held for ransom, and to get them back you had to be at the game before 6am, would you be there on time?

If your boss offered you a promotion where you made double the moolah in half the hours and could work from home most days, but you had to show up at the office 3x per week at 5:30am, would you tell him to get stuffed?

These are silly examples, but for each one the gain is important enough that you'd never wake up late, you'd never hit snooze, you'd always get out the door on time. It's your life. You need to decide if it's important enough for you to get up. Just that simple. If it's not, then don't bother looking for tips and tricks. If it is, you will get up, put your shoes on and go.

Everything worth doing is hard and requires sacrifice. We all have a list of excuses as long as our arm. The people that get stuff done are the ones that simply decided it was worth doing. What's your decision?
  • nauti2012
    Options
    Up at 4 am to the gym by 5... feels great to get it done early...
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I am up at 4:30am and running by 5am . . . I am back at my house by 6-6:15 depending on the run . I then do crunches, pushups, weight training until the kids wake up (some days MUCH earlier than others). I am in the shower by 7am. I decided to do early morning workouts for 2 reasons 1-no excuses that may arise during the day and 2- its the only time I can workout where it doesn't take what little time I have away from my kids (4 and 2.5)
  • Roxiehart9
    Options
    I'm a teacher so when I have 1st period off (every other day) I work ou tin the mornings, and i LOVE it way better than going in the afternoon. I've tried many times before, but this year I got really seriously about losing weight and working out, and the fact that I have a free first period...I didn't want to waste that opportunity. It feels great to get it ou tof the way and just go home after work!

Best of luck!
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just started morning work outs as well. Today was my first day.
    I get up a few minutes before 7 am. As there is a small gym in our apartment complex, I walk over there and have done today and plan to do every morning, an hour on the treadmill.
    I feel really good and ready to take on the day. I am even in a good mood! I am usually a grouchy person in the morning. Now, the trick is to stick to it.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    So much better in the morning.... You have to push yourself a little to wake up but 2 minutes into it and bam! it's done you're in.
    It's also very good for you..... Helps prevent injuries during the day because you are streched and your muscles are relaxed.
    Also makes you breathe better and fill your blood with good oxygen (proved to be the best thing for you for centuries).

Also, you just woke up so, you ain't tired like you could be after a day at work etc...

Anyway, I prefer early morning workout for sure.
  • brendajester03
    Options
    I get to the gym at 5 a.m. weekday mornings. I get up at 4:00 a.m. Love the early morning workouts. I work out for an hour then get ready for work at the gym. If I didn't do it in the morning, I don't think I would work out as regularly. Feel much better throughout the day after working out. Sets your mind to eat healthy too when you start the day right.

I make sure I get my clothes ready and my breakfast and lunch ready the night before. But being on that schedule you have to make sure you go to bed early enough to get your rest.