Rude

Options
13»

Replies

• FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that it is "rude" to stand up to people who call you things like "ignorant"?

You are and were coming off extremely childish and defensive, so really what did you expect? Especially with this post, you're just making yourself look bad.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You get what you give. Getting indignant and being rude right back isn't gonna make people any nicer.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that it is "rude" to stand up to people who call you things like "ignorant"?

I think that what got everyone worked up is when you stated that he "owed" you an apology. This is a forum...if you post something, it is inevitable that someone will disagree with your view (as strongly as you feel about your original post). When you post something, well, you can't get overly sensitive when people respond. Butter is butter and margarine is margarine...one is organic and one is man made. We all have our preference and that is that...
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

He didn't call you ignorant, he said "wow, such ignorance". There is a difference.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

No, I am saying that many of your posts have come off as negative and argumentative. As I said, I think you had good intentions posting the article, but like any other forum, not everyone is going to react positively to information you offer them - adding more negativity is just fueling the fire. You've already snapped back at several people in this thread alone. You're going to go crazy if you take every single quasi-rude post seriously.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

You are and were coming off extremely childish and defensive, so really what did you expect? Especially with this post, you're just making yourself look bad.

Someone calls you "ignorant" or says something about your "reading comprehension" or "have a nice life"

Those things are just plain rude,. They are not "childish or defensive".

And I didn't start this thread "to make myself look good". I am fairly confident that "i look just fine"
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Someone calls you "ignorant" or says something about your "reading comprehension" or "have a nice life"

And I didn't start this thread "to make myself look good". I am fairly confident that "i look just fine"

you went to the trouble to to make this thread to basically bring attention to a poster who "hurt your feelings" (who has already moved on with his life by the way, imagine that)

what part of that isn't childish? I mean really, I happen to know the person you are mad at is extremely knowledgable about nutrition. Swallow your pride and take his advice..or better yet, just message him if you're this upset with him. Don't make a whole new thread about it. Grow up.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh, the 'have a nice life comment. It actually went like this:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57489905-10391704/diacetyl-chemical-in-artificial-butter-popcorn-linked-to-alzheimers-plaque-build-up/

"The study however did not show a cause and effect relationship between the chemical and Alzheimer's, and the results haven't been replicated in people, only in test tubes."

^ THIS is really really important.

Correlation =\= causation!

Example:

ci700332kn00001.gif

Opening up family picture albums is my litmus, if you are challenging my intelligence as other poster on this rocket science concept.

I simply made a point. However, it's clear to me that you want to take every comment as a personal attack by your replies in this thread. Have a nice life.

Seems like she was trying to help and you got incredibly defensive, as you had done all through the thread. I am not sure what is rude about that. What you should have said was 'thank you' for someone trying to educate you.

ETA for the confused: this is from the original thread that the OP is ranting about
  • hikeout470
    Options
    What? that makes absolutely no sense.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Lol. This is awesome.

"I demand an apology" lol. Who he kcuf do you think you are. What kcufing tool.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What? that makes absolutely no sense.

My point exactly.
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Yall are having a simple conversation......whats with the quotes?
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Fanatics get this way. Lady, you need to chill the feck out. Less of the doomsday crud and the self-righteous outrage. Go eat something or get laid or whatever. Sheesh.

See, that last sentence was rude. When someone refutes something you say, it is not rude. Do you understand?
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Fanatics get this way. Lady, you need to chill the feck out. Less of the doomsday crud and the self-righteous outrage. Go eat something or get laid or whatever. Sheesh.

See, that last sentence was rude. When someone refutes something you say, it is not rude. Do you understand?

OP please see chart:

song-chart-memes-oh-snap.jpg?w=504&h=407

Oh snap.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    OK, so we have the audience. There are the people who realize others can be rude, and we have the forum bullies up so late at night. Interesting. Ha!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wow. You really don't see yourself at any fault, do you? Evidently nothing can be learned here other than ignorance. Bored. Gone.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    Good riddance. Fairly thick skin here, so nope. I see a bully, I call it. Nothing more.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.