Biggest pet peeve at the gym?

Options
Whats your biggest pet peeve at the gym?
Mine has to be when a woman or man decides they need to take 4 different sets of weights (dumbells) and hoard them all for themselves. Yes there are pairs of the same weight but when its peak hours during the gym, is this really necessary? >.<

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    People who sit on a machine in between sets and text! Move and let me do mine or finish up!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    People who sit on a machine in between sets and text! Move and let me do mine or finish up!
    Haha I'm bad for this somedays I apologize!! >.>
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Not being able to workout because everything is in use. That's why I set my home rig up.
  • gooellie
    Options
    At my gym the TVs are set up specific for the tredmils so people stand on the tredmils or lean on them to watch the games.... or when the people stand on the cardio equipment talking to other people! Or my absolutely favorite there is always this lady talking on the phone and she is moving so slow her program moves in and out of pause then it turns off and she tells her friend on the phone how she is at the gym having such a hard work out!!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    People who sit on the machines in between sets.
    People who grunt while lifting.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    People who grunt while lifting.
    A certain level of grunting while lifting should be expected. When exerting force an audible grunt allows the person to ensure they are exhaling instead of holding their breath. Hold your breath and you pass out (then end up on YouTube). I will agree that most of the people that "grunt" at the gym are actually yelling, though.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    People who don't re-rack their weights or wipe down weight benches. Most people seem good about wiping down cardio machines.
  • Mogele1
    Options
    I had a similar experience. My guy was talking to another guy while just sitting on the machine. So I asked him politely if he was done. He hurried up and finished his set and got off :-)
  • mcorange01
    mcorange01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    HOW MUCH DO I DISLIKE THE CLASSES AT GOLDS GYM.. well let me tell you.. First I took the Body Pump.. very nice man taught it and explained everything!! Yea, then took spinning class.. night mare, first I could not understand her.. then she would say things like.. now lets do position 3.. but NEVER tell you what position 3 was.. stayed the whole time, but it was awful.. then this morning.. thought.. OK, I will take the Zumba class, fun right, WRONG.. for 7 minutes she did NOT speak just did moves. so of course I had NO idea what I was doing.. then as scarastically as she could she finally speaks.. WELL GUESS WE KNOW WHO ALL THE NEWBIES ARE@!! REALLY .. you see us struggling with what to do... and THAT is your words of encouragment!! I WALKED OUT! Maybe I am just not a people person.. but if you want to movitate others (which is what a teacher should do) YOU MIGHT WANT TO SAY SOMETHING!! ok, now I feel better!!
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Too much perfume or body funk coming off the person next to me on the Treadmill! I have to stop running and move, ugh:grumble:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Perfume and cologne. Also leaving a water bottle for someone else to throw away.
  • eurofitblr
    Options
    Not cleaning the equipment after they finished using it. It's awkward for me to take the paper towel and wipe the stuff before using because it makes me look like I'm grossed out by you or something...but then again I don't want to touch your sweat...
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    When people don't wipe down the equipment after they use it.

When people stare.

When you're on the treadmill on the very end, all the other ones are open and someone rolls up and takes the treadmill RIGHT next to you. And don't even make the excuse that it's because they want to watch a certain TV - at my gym, all the cardio machines have televisions built in.

Those guys that just seem to pace around the gym. Wtf. Why are you even here. Go pace at home or at Target or something.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Too much perfume or body funk coming off the person next to me on the Treadmill! I have to stop running and move, ugh:grumble:

You beat me to it on this one. Too much perfume or cologne while in an intense exercise class is killer (more sweat than a machine). So bad!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    People that look at other people and get peeved. It's a big world. Learn to share
  • joshkilborn
    joshkilborn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people don't wipe the machines down after they're done.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I freakin love the gym!!!! Last night I didn't bring my ipod as it was dead, so this guy was lifting next to me and the way he was breathing/grunting I thought he was having an orgasm LOL!!!! I couldn't stop giggling!!!! I know, childish, right? :tongue:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Not cleaning the equipment after they finished using it. It's awkward for me to take the paper towel and wipe the stuff before using because it makes me look like I'm grossed out by you or something...but then again I don't want to touch your sweat...

I actually walked up to a mother, father, and their son after I noticed all 3 did not wipe the sweat off any of their cardio machines. I asked if they needed me to do it for them or to tell them which machines they were on if they forgot. The son ended up coming over and doing it. Normally I would not say anything but it was x3 really grossed me out.
  • Lilyhiker
    Lilyhiker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty much okay with the actual gym part... but gosh do I ever hate when in the locker room someone puts their friend on speaker and has a long conversation with them while she blow dries her hair and puts on make up.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    At one of the gyms I use people want to steal 2.5lb plates and run off with them to use them for yoga or whatever crap. Use barbells, dammit. If I wanna bump my deads or squats, I kinda need those plates. :angry: Generally, a 10lb bump is a bit too much.