Do any of you have tattoos representing....

Options
rozsbluejay
rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
...your weight loss.
...the goal you reached.
...your inspiration.

....anything.

Just curious...want to get ideas for when I reach my goal.

Pictures are welcomed.

Replies

• Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've got one planned...it will be the word "Believe" on my left hand...to mimic the trail of stars of I have on top of my right hand. I wanted to incorporate 304 lbs. (my starting weight) so I am 3 starts (300 lbs) as the do to the i in believe....each slightly bigger than the last.

I wanted to wait through the summer since I'd be swimming a lot.
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't because my weight goal is not drastic, but I've been contemplating a fitness-rrlated tattoo that has to do with my lifting and running goals. I date a tattoo artist though so no rush in trying to figure it out; I get a tattoo almost every other month xD
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a tat picked out for when I pass my black belt test (hopefully in the next year). It is a quote by Morihei Ueshiba in Japanese cursive characters...
    "True victory is victory over oneself."
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have 12 but only one is an inspiration. It is a combination of a bicycle (my passion) and the letter X which represents the straight edge lifestyle I live (no drugs or alcohol).

DSCN0353-1.jpg
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Nothing for my weight loss but I have the names of my children--my inspiration--on my forearms.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have "thirteen point one" on the inside of my right wrist for completing my first half marathon
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have 20 tattoos all representing either family or things i love but my most inspirational one is the words "Imperfection is Beauty" on my inner left bicep to remind me that nobody is perfect and it's ok to be different! :)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have 2 star outlines on my right hip that I got when I got back to my (freshman year) HS weight (-50 pounds from starting weight). I was really big into art (mainly painting) in HS, so the outlines look like the brush started running out of paint. You can kind of see them in my profile pic. I've started running again and am signing up for my first 5k pretty soon and I'm planning on getting my time tattooed on the side of my left foot.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    yes. Once I get to my goal I'm getting the words Strength Hope and Inspire in old traditional font on my arm with stars and stippling like the rest of my tatts
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    <--- this is a work in progress. Obviously only the outline is done and I have another 15-18 hours of shading to do. It is a five headed dragon, known as the Queen of Chaos. Each head represents a defining moment in my life - one of which represents my decision to shed the excess weight I'd carried for a long time.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You can see mine in my pictures on my profile. It's a simple heart on my wrist. It may not seem like it represents my journey, but in a way I suppose it does. I got it on a whim, but the more I think about it, it represents me coming into my own. I just turned 21, I'm busy making serious changes to my health and personal life to better me in the long run, and it reminds me to always love myself no matter what my size is. <3
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a quote tattooed on my feet once I get closer to my goal!
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a tree on my left arm... it represents that I never wish to stop growing, like a tree.
    I also plan on getting winged feet on one or both of my ankles... in honor of my marathon I just finished.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I just got a new tattoo today. The infinity symbol made into a heart. Infinite love that I have not only for myself, but also for my husband.

I am going to get our wedding date 7-25-1998 tattooed around it in 2 weeks, it is going to be in roman numerals.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    205114_1943349432758_663461_n.jpg

The quote is Gaelic, means "Nothing Without Effort"
    Oak Tree in Celtic usually stands for wisdom, strength, longevity.
    It's more of a sapling, but the curve in it shows that things get all turned around sometimes.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have a swamp monster tattooed on my leg. It represents a monster from a swamp. I also have three dice on my arm that read "1-6-6". It represents a jerk idiot tattoo artist who got the angle wrong on the first die.
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get the outline of a phoenix on my right shoulder blade once I've reached goal. The phoenix traditionally stands for rebirth/reinvention, because when it dies it bursts into flames and a new chick rises from the ashes =)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm intending on getting my next tattoo when I reach 16kg lost (only 1.5kg to go!) as 16kg holds a special significance (I'll still have another 21kg to lose after that to get to my goal), but I haven't figured out what just yet. I was thinking something bird-y or feathers, or just a simple heart. I've pinned heaps of ideas on Pinterest, =). "Rosalea W" on the "tattoos" board.
    I already have a chinese kanji for "listen" on my shoulder blade, I got it when I was 16 as a reminder to listen to myself and what I want (long story, *kitten* childhood blah blah blah), and a butterfly on my hip that doesn't mean much.
    I like the idea of Hermes/Mercury wings on my ankles/lower leg when I get to my goal.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Just saw a cool one on pinterest, the phrase "one step at a time" on a foot.
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I have a tat picked out for when I pass my black belt test (hopefully in the next year). It is a quote by Morihei Ueshiba in Japanese cursive characters...
    "True victory is victory over oneself."

This! <3