Do any of you have tattoos representing....

Options

Replies

• MissMertz
    Options
    Oh I love Hippiemommy's tattoo!! That's awesome!!! I was just thinking today about getting one after I reach my goal.. not sure if I want to do one that marks me making the goal.. or if I just want to wait and do it as congratulation gift to me :) I need to go on pinterest and find some more :/
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I used to think, when I was younger, that my life was the worst life that could be lived. After years of unimaginable abuse by my dad, I finally escaped when I was 16 and got married. I thought that it would be perfect and life would fix itself. One day, as I was getting ready for high school, I hadn't done my homework, and I wanted to get my work clothes washed, I decided to give up. Everything was a mess. I was half-dressed in a dim light, holding a bunch of books. I studied the scars of my childhood on my skin in the mirror. I whispered to the mirror, "this is a disaster. My whole life is a disaster. But for the first time, I have control over it. It's completely MY disaster."

That day, at 16, I got a tattoo that says, "Beautiful disaster". I knew from that moment that I would never have a great life, or a fancy house, or a nice car. But I have complete control over it, no matter how bad it gets.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just got a new tattoo today. The infinity symbol made into a heart. Infinite love that I have not only for myself, but also for my husband.

I am going to get our wedding date 7-25-1998 tattooed around it in 2 weeks, it is going to be in roman numerals.

Sounds awesome... I would love to see that. Can you post a pic?
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    ff95037b.jpg

In case you can't read it: Do you suppose she's a Wildflower?

THAT'S what I want people to see me as and what I strive to be - A wildflower - rouge, wild, untamed, beautiful, carefree

It's my constant reminder not to take life too seriously and that it's okay to just be me.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    Options
    205114_1943349432758_663461_n.jpg

The quote is Gaelic, means "Nothing Without Effort"
    Oak Tree in Celtic usually stands for wisdom, strength, longevity.
    It's more of a sapling, but the curve in it shows that things get all turned around sometimes.

Beautiful!
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    <<<< my guardian angel
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have a pumpkin above my left ankle, because that's what my dad calls me.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    "Sleep is a Sin" tattooed on my left forearm. It's an excerpt from lyrics to a song by a local band in Richmond, VA called Phoenix Thorn. It's more or less a decrying of the slothful, vampiric habits that we humans have developed over the last few decades.

"Remorse is for the Dead" on my right forearm. Pretty self-explanatory.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    I used to think, when I was younger, that my life was the worst life that could be lived. After years of unimaginable abuse by my dad, I finally escaped when I was 16 and got married. I thought that it would be perfect and life would fix itself. One day, as I was getting ready for high school, I hadn't done my homework, and I wanted to get my work clothes washed, I decided to give up. Everything was a mess. I was half-dressed in a dim light, holding a bunch of books. I studied the scars of my childhood on my skin in the mirror. I whispered to the mirror, "this is a disaster. My whole life is a disaster. But for the first time, I have control over it. It's completely MY disaster."

That day, at 16, I got a tattoo that says, "Beautiful disaster". I knew from that moment that I would never have a great life, or a fancy house, or a nice car. But I have complete control over it, no matter how bad it gets.

You are awesome!!
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    Options
    I have my daughter's initials on the inside of my left wrist. I plan on getting a similar flower to the one here in the pic on the back of my right calf to cover a tattoo that I do not love. That is my goal when I am under 200 lbs. I have not been there for over 10 years. Right now, I am about 15 lbs away. Tattoos are beautiful and very addicting.

eaiiw7.jpg
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo on my rib cage when that is all svelt and sexy. I don't know what it wwill be, but it will be words of inspiration... not necessarily from weight loss, but just about me being my best, always. Something like "You don't get what you wish for, you get what you work for"
  • Phaedra165
    Options
    I have a Rose on my upper left arm for my son who was killed when he was thirteen. He always brought me a red rose. I want to get another this time when I go down to LA, something typically So Cal.
  • Phaedra165
    Options
    OMG MJBenjamin That's SO Beautiful! I love the colors.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have "Il vaut mieux faire que dire" which is French and translates loosely as "actions speak louder than words" or literally "it is better to do than to say." It's on the inside of my wrist to serve as a constant reminder to stop talking about and get up and DO IT.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    Options
    Thanks! The colors on the one I want to cover are similar to this, so it should be a good cover up. If my side looked like this girl's I would put it there instead. Lol! :wink:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Ive always liked tattoos, but I find it difficult to think of something I would be happy with down the road.
    Maybe something small and meaningful.
  • 8Spokes
    8Spokes Posts: 35
    Options
    I have a tat picked out for when I pass my black belt test (hopefully in the next year). It is a quote by Morihei Ueshiba in Japanese cursive characters...
    "True victory is victory over oneself."

^ Awesome
  • fatcatjack
    Options
    <~~ These are my children's names. This was one of my "under 200 pounds" gifts from my husband. When I reached that goal Easter of this year, it had been 25 years since I had been under 200 pounds. Everything I have done - life changing, risking my life to save my life - ALL of it has been for my kids. When I was 400 pounds, my doctor looked at me and said (in reference to my SEVERE sleep apnea), "It's an ABSOLUTE MIRACLE you have not died in your sleep." My kids were 1 and 3. All I could think about was my husband waking up to find me dead...and my sweet babies without a mommy. I didn't get this tattoo in ANY WAY to shame myself, but I do find it a little ironic now that EVERY BITE I take I see their sweet names as I am lifting my hands to my mouth. It keeps it real and reminds me why I have done all I have done, and to continue to make better choices for myself, and for them.
  • fatcatjack
    Options

Love it. Aren't we all "beautiful disasters"? <3
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the word, δύναμη [thinami], strength in greek, tattooed on the upper left side of my rid cage because my mother passed away from and unknown type of cancer when I was younger and her strength through everything inspired me to life my life to the fullest and pay my happiness forward by helping others reach their goals and find their inner happiness :)