OK-- Seiously -- What really works?

Options
I'm very frustrated because there was a period of time that I thought I was doing everything right...but didn't see results.

I want to lose 15 lbs by December 8th, my 40th Bday.

What is a surefire diet/exercise routine that I can do to make it happen...

I'm really, really discouraged...

Can you give me your best advice?

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    use more calories then you consume.

in your case you're looking to be in a total deficit of 52,500 calories in 54 days... and that works out to about 972 calories a day...

so, just eat about 1000 calories less then you burn, everyday, for the next 54 days.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm on the road to 'before I turn 40 Dec 5' so I know how you feel! Try running or a high intensity workout like Insanity. And don't undereat. That won't help in the long run.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    More realistic goals, like 8-10 lbs by your birthday. A *moderate* calorie deficit, patience, persistence, consistency, and still loving yourself and having the drive to keep going even if you don’t meet a weight loss goal by a specific date.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Hard work and dedication...and realizing that nothing is "sure fire".
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Reasonable calorie deficit.
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Insanity is doing wonders for me :) Seriously I see results every week especially since I started month two! So in love <3
  • cliff948
    cliff948 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me only carb restriction works.
    Remember, scientific studies show that people who do crash diets lose mostly muscle and when they stop the crash diet they gain more than they lost and it is FAT!
    Cliff {:{)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Is 120 pounds realistic? (you look great in your pics). Maybe the change you want to see needs to come from body recomposition - strength training and weights. What types of work outs are you doing? and what is your current calorie deficit?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Itworks body wraps. It's in the name so it has to work. Seems to be the real deal .
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Amputation of one of your limbs. That's the only "surefire" approach I can think of.

Otherwise, you could do what others have already said: eat less, move more...

...but my personal recommendation is not to set arbitrary deadlines on your results and instead implement a reasonable approach to healthy eating and healthy exercise. What, exactly, that is for you will need to be determined over time.

Good luck.
  • iksworbez
    iksworbez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    go keto!

set your macros to 55% fat 35% protein and 5% carbs (that should put you around 20g a day) and you will start losing ounds like mad! I lose between 4-6 pounds a week with no exercise. Im never hungry and eat tons of bacon, cheese, steak, burgers (but without buns) etc.

Basically it comes down to cutting all sugars and starches out of your diet. In a nutshell: NO pasta NO potatoes NO bread NO rice NO sugar NO candy
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Is 120 pounds realistic? (you look great in your pics). Maybe the change you want to see needs to come from body recomposition - strength training and weights. What types of work outs are you doing? and what is your current calorie deficit?

PLUS....your diary is blank except for today? Did you just join or have you not been logging? And just looking at what you've logged so far today...you haven't yet had a decent meal and your protein is extremely low.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    go keto!

set your macros to 55% fat 35% protein and 5% carbs (that should put you around 20g a day) and you will start losing ounds like mad! I lose between 4-6 pounds a week with no exercise. Im never hungry and eat tons of bacon, cheese, steak, burgers (but without buns) etc.

Basically it comes down to cutting all sugars and starches out of your diet. In a nutshell: NO pasta NO potatoes NO bread NO rice NO sugar NO candy

OK, that adds up to 95% - what does she get to eat for the other 5%

55% fat? Good thing you have OHIP. :happy:
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    go keto!

orlly? that's all there is to it? sweet.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    go keto!

OK, that adds up to 95% - what does she get to eat for the other 5%

55% fat? Good thing you have OHIP. :happy:

The other 5% is supposed to come from alcohol.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Itworks body wraps. It's in the name so it has to work. Check it out on-line. Seems to be the real deal .

This...plus dehydrate yourself the day before your birthday and sit in a steam room for a few hours....get alllll that water weight out of there....you should be at your goal no problem. You never said anything about keeping it off right? You just wanted to be there for your birthday?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Itworks body wraps. It's in the name so it has to work. Check it out on-line. Seems to be the real deal .

Bahahaha
  • cthon98
    cthon98 Posts: 19
    Options
    I personally have had great results from going keto. I've reduced my carb intake to a maximum of 20g of net carbs, and increased my fat and protein intakes. I don't stick to super specific percentages other than keeping carbs as low as possible, but I aim to consume more fat than protein. I eat a lot of cheese and meats and bacon and butter and other good stuff like that. I've lost 30 pounds in under 4 months.
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As you can see, everyone has an opinion (and you know what they say about that). Honestly, I think it's great that you have this goal but as others have said MAYBE you are setting yourself up for a let down. I say, shoot for it by moving more and eating less but remember you are turning 40 weather you reach the weight loss goal or not. Know that you are doing the right things for your body and your health. Thats the best gift you can give yourself.

Good luck and Happy Birthday.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm on the road to 'before I turn 40 Dec 5' so I know how you feel! Try running or a high intensity workout like Insanity. And don't undereat. That won't help in the long run.

Me three!

We can do it!!

every 5 minute here and there of a quick work out will help get you closer to your goal!

with 8 weeks, 2lb loss per week = 16 lbs. while I would shoot for ten, if you get super dedicate, 15 might be good. I would suggest a hard 10 lbs +lower body fat %