If You Don't Sleep, You Won't Lose Weight

Options
1235»

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I think the definition of "enough sleep" is different for everyone, even at different times in their lives. There is no one size fits all anything, for anyone. I used to require at LEAST 9 hours of sleep a night to function properly, but as I have gotten older I find that I do just as well on about 5-6 hours, and often find it nearly impossible to sleep longer than that (although I have been having periods of intense insomnia over the past 3-4 years, but obviously my functioning is impaired during those times). I wake up at 6am every morning, regardless of what time I fell asleep. It's maddening. lol...
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I think the definition of "enough sleep" is different for everyone, even at different times in their lives. There is no one size fits all anything, for anyone. I used to require at LEAST 9 hours of sleep a night to function properly, but as I have gotten older I find that I do just as well on about 5-6 hours, and often find it nearly impossible to sleep longer than that (although I have been having periods of intense insomnia over the past 3-4 years, but obviously my functioning is impaired during those times). I wake up at 6am every morning, regardless of what time I fell asleep. It's maddening. lol...

As we age, we require fewer hours of sleep. So yes, it is different for everyone. But a normally functioning human being has a general range, disregarding statistical outlier.