Halloween and the hated..

Options
RockinSkiBunny
RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
Growing up we always came home and dumped our entire bag of candy on the floor and sorted through the S**t. There was always that pile you'd give away to friends,brothers and parents. What was in your bad pile? And who the heck eats Necco Wafers?

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I ate everything, except licorice. I hate that stuff. Twizzlers are ok, but the black stuff, no!
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I was younger it was maryjanes. Those things were so Damn hard you'd break a tooth trying to eat one! Also raisins!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I was a big fan of mary janes or charleston chews. The give away pike consisted of necco wafers, licorice and whoppers. Yuck!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    I'd trade anything that wasn't actually candy. Didn't keep black licorice...but I don't think there was much that I really hated. It was more a matter of just keeping or trading for what I really wanted!

Oh yeah and didn't keep those Neccos either.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My sister and I would fight over Tootsie Rolls.....
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Red Hots. I love spicy....but not in a candy.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I love Necco Wafers! They might be my favorite Halloween candy ... but I am a big Candy Corn Pumpkin guy.

Last year my kids each got a package of Ramen Noodle Soup!

My giveaway pile was always Almond Joy, Mounds, or Rainetts
  • MissJenova
    Options
    I love Necco Wafers! They might be my favorite Halloween candy ... but I am a big Candy Corn Pumpkin guy.

Last year my kids each got a package of Ramen Noodle Soup!

My giveaway pile was always Almond Joy, Mounds, or Rainetts

Your "giveaway" pile was my "save for dear life pile"! :laugh:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Ew, Almond Joy and Mound are pure evil covered in deceptive chocolate. I also hated anything that wasn't candy. Like raisins and pennies.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    For me, anything that wasn't chocolate got sent away :)
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Hmmm don't think I gave away anything. Some things took me longer to eat and I'd save it until everything better was gone. Maybe that's why I have a weight problem.
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Three words.

Bit
    O
    Honey
  • pabisc
    pabisc Posts: 17
    Options
    Black licorice, whoppers, necco wafers, and Tootsie rolls were my give-away items. I like bottle caps, though.

Here's a fun link:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2011/02/list-the-top-50-candies-of-all-time/1
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Three words.

Bit
    O
    Honey
    haha Those were nasty for sure!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Those candies in the orange and black wrapping. I don't know what they are called but they are hard as a rock (like salt water taffy) and taste like $hi!t.

WORST CANDY EVER:
    Those-Orange-and-Black-Things.png

Oh and Candy Corn. YUCK!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Black licorice, whoppers, necco wafers, and Tootsie rolls were my give-away items. I like bottle caps, though.

Here's a fun link:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2011/02/list-the-top-50-candies-of-all-time/1
    Send those my way! Whoppers?
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Tootsie rolls, Allan's candies, black licorice, No Name potato chips, Dollar store chocolates/wafer candies...
    and I was always really pissed off when we got to the other side of town and people started handing out cans of soda. It made the bags SO heavy!
    I was the weird kid that would be excited to get toothbrushes, pencils, apples and homemade treats (although my parents never let us eat them because of course every old lady that lives alone and bakes for children must be a witch trying to poison the neighbourhood kids)
  • Raignbo
    Raignbo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Necco wafers were mine. Reese's cups. Snickers. Candy corn pumpkin green top stem only...goodness. No wonder I'm looking plump. lmao. But anymore I just get enjoyment out of taking kids out, I get to dress up and exercise while they fill their bags up with candy.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I love necco wafers!

We never divided our candy into piles like that. The only thing we did was have our parents check to make sure the candy was ok which meant my dad ate all the good stuff. :(
  • StrawberrySprinkles
    Options
    Those little candies that were supposed to be strawberry flavor, but didn't really taste of strawberry and had the wrapper that looked like a strawberry. It was a plain out lie. From center to wrapper. Candy coated lie!

Otherwise, I pretty much had a list of importance: Blow pops, now and laters, umm...gummi (though back in the 80s, gummi wasn't as popular), tootsie rolls/tootsie pops, and umm....chewing gum...then the chocolate I would save for last..that is if I weren't robbed of my stash.