Replies

• demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    charleston chews.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    There wan't much I'd get rid of... I dug through to find what I liked, especially the dark chocolate!! YUM. It was always AMAZING when someone handed out full sized candy bars, though it seems like those always had razor blades (not real ones, but Dad had to inspect them, anyway). :( The best ever was when Joe Montana was handing out $100 bills. We didn't make it to his house in time, though. I'd have been happy just to have met him, but the $100 would certainly have been a bonus!!
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Even as a child I was a lush for anything chocolate. I didn't love the Palmer or other dollar store variety, but I'd still keepthem for when I ran out of "the good stuff".

Other candy I'd keep and eat sporadically despite my lack of enthusiasm for it (as one poster said, no wonder I have a weight problem). I do remember giving away those candies that were either wrapped in black or orange paper. I can't remember what they were called.

Wait, I Googled. Peanut Butter Kisses. They didn't taste much like peanut butter... bleh
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    SInce I'm an only child, I never had to share with anyone.

My mom always went through my candy, but that was about it... and always ate the tootsie rolls and gum.
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    Give away pile....Smarties, Mounds, Almond Joy, Sweet tarts, and gum.

Vanilla tootsie rolls were like gold, I'd have to trade 3 milky ways, a kit kat and a snickers to get one vanilla tootsie roll, and it was worth it.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I held onto mine until my brother ate all his and then sold it to him little by little.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I just loved reading this thread. It's a total foreign language, as apart from the chocolate, lquorice and smarties (all of which I love) I don't think I recognised any of it!!
    We didn't do trick or treat in England when I was a kid, (try and avoid it now, to be honest) so it' all sounds very strange.
    Enjoy your Hallowe'en people. I shall try to look as if there's no-one home that night, and look forward to Guy Fawkes instead! :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would give away were licorice and hard candies (including suckers that did not have gum or tootsie roll inside it, and it usually only took me four licks to get to the center of my tootsie pop...CRUNCH!).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just loved reading this thread. It's a total foreign language, as apart from the chocolate, lquorice and smarties (all of which I love) I don't think I recognised any of it!!
    We didn't do trick or treat in England when I was a kid, (try and avoid it now, to be honest) so it' all sounds very strange.
    Enjoy your Hallowe'en people. I shall try to look as if there's no-one home that night, and look forward to Guy Fawkes instead! :laugh:

Check my profile pictures. I was Guy Fawkes last year! :laugh:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Check my profile pictures. I was Guy Fawkes last year! :laugh:
    [/quote]

Love it, there was me thinking you were Zorro!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I had no "give away" pile. It was ALL MINE.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Things that I either traded or threw away were black licorice, sour candies, cinnamon candies and the wax( those scary fangs etc).

I was never a fan of the dubble bubble gum. The flavor lasted about 3 seconds and then felt like you were chewing on a goodyear tire. I also didnt care for sugar babies or milk duds. It was a big annoyance to get that caramel out of my teeth.

My favorites were kitkats, whoppers, snickers, and reese's PB cups.

Chocolate of course was always the first to disappear from the bag. Its always been my downfall. :laugh:
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I love Necco Wafers! They might be my favorite Halloween candy ... but I am a big Candy Corn Pumpkin guy.

Last year my kids each got a package of Ramen Noodle Soup!

My giveaway pile was always Almond Joy, Mounds, or Rainetts

I love Necco Wafers too!! The white ones are my favorite :) And Candy Corn Pumpkins are my absolute fav candy other than chocolate! I have a bowl of them on my desk at work :-D I'm with you on this one! :)