Anyone need to lose 100lb or more?

Options

Replies

• Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like the stone measurements it gives me a smaller number to hit maybe more achievable when it does not look like a mountain
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 3 stone

AND, by the way, there is nothing INFORMAL about a stone - it is exactly 14 lbs and everyone of those pounds weighs heavily on the soul.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just copied and pasted a FORMAL definition. Someone asked a question and I was just trying to be helpful. I think by "informal" the dictionary means it originated as a vernacular term rather than an official unit of measurement.
  • manofpies
    manofpies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    100 is first aim (to get me 'just' under 200) , then take it from there...

Ps. I think stone is seen as informal these days as its part of the old imperial measurements (but then again pretty much all bathroom scales you buy in the uk will be measured in stones) - its just what we're used to in blighty...
  • MnBlueJewels
    MnBlueJewels Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 135 lbs to lose. I just started my weight loss journey and would love to be able to give extra support and get some in return.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

AND, by the way, there is nothing INFORMAL about a stone - it is exactly 14 lbs and everyone of those pounds weighs heavily on the soul.

Quite right! I suppose to non-Brits it may seem a bit odd but a stone is as good a measurement as any other! I have 7 of them to lose (otherwise known as 98lbs) so am going to be here a while!

Sarah
    x

I'm curious. Why do you find what I said so offensive? I didn't come up with that definition myself. I more or less knew the basic definition, but I wasn't sure of the equivalent weight in terms of pounds so I googled it and found that definition. Wasn't trying to be condescending in any way. I was just trying to answer someone's question.
  • Neraks
    Neraks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am here everyday....I've meant some great people ...100+ to loose. Feel free to add me:smile:
  • kraftyrose
    Options
    Meeeee!!!

I just started with MFP this week, and I want to lose about 100 lbs.

Feel free to add me!
  • inflationary
    inflationary Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 120lbs or so, depending how I feel when I get close, hah. Anyone can feel free to add me, I'm on every day!
  • rfritz5
    rfritz5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really need to lose 100 pounds and I really need to stick to it and come here everyday, I havent been. And I havent been keeping the promise I made to myself. I need a kick in the butt on a daily basis.........
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    I need to lose right at 100 lb this is my 3rd week & lb gone would love to get more friends that want a healthier life and body that will glorify God
  • eveyinorbit
    Options
    169.4 right here... feel free to add me :)
  • Tracyst518
    Tracyst518 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I really need to lose 100 pounds. Would love to lose 120 really. I started this app 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds so far. Would love some online support. Thank you all!!
    Tracy:happy:
  • Manleymomof2
    Manleymomof2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose exactly 100 pounds from what I weigh today, and I'm gonna do it!!!!
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    I do. My goal is to first reach 180 and then from there start a new chapter
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 in the past year but have set my goal to lose another 100. Feel free to add me. We need all the support we can get.:smile:
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just copied and pasted a FORMAL definition. Someone asked a question and I was just trying to be helpful. I think by "informal" the dictionary means it originated as a vernacular term rather than an official unit of measurement.

Oh dear! I seem to have made quite the wrong impression.

No worries - I'm not offended - just being pedantic. We cherish our stones - even though we now weigh in kilos mostly

they weigh heavily on the soles too
  • dv5741
    dv5741 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 120 lbs. It seems like so much. I am so tired of looking and feeling the way I do. I am ready to start my weight loss journey. I just started using MFP yesterday. I need all the support I can get.:smile:
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 125 lbs (we'll see as I get closer, because I've never been that small in my adult life :embarassed: )
  • stephanieGbraswell
    stephanieGbraswell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100lbs
  • Gator8bird
    Options
    I need to lose about 200lbs. It is carzy to even think about it. (I just freaked myself out, like somehow it's a surprize) I am in OA, so I just have to move toward recovery one day at a time.