Starting 30DS Today

Options
This time I'm going to make it through. The last 3 times I've tried it, I've ended up hurt. This time I mean to get through all 30 days and then I'm going to do it again with heavier weights. Who wants to join me? I finished level 1 day 1 just now. :)

Replies

• nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 1 this am too. ! :)
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yay! :D We should totally motivate each other to do it every day :)
  • nursenae1
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • LeeKeplar
    LeeKeplar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I want to do it with you guys too. I have only done 1 day a couple of weeks ago. But need to get motivated to do it again. You are talking about Jillian Michales 30 day shredd right? I am going to do day one level one tonight when I get off work. Maybe having someone to report too will help me. !!:wink:
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I just bought it from amazon and it arrived right before a trip. So now I'm in for trying it out tonight after kids are asleep. I needed something to motivate me to exercise at home when I can't go out for a run or something outdoors (i.e., kids sleeping in the house).

First I need to find my 5lb weights. If I can't, I think I'll try to borrow some tonight so I can get started.

Great to have other people doing it at the same time to motivate each other!
  • nursenae1
    Options
    Yeah ladies !! Let's do this! :)):glasses:
  • LeeKeplar
    Options
    Exicited to do these with all of you. I need to update my profile picture. That was taken years ago with my husband. Although I probably have not changed that much. Wil try to update it this week. BUT I have a problem I think I am the only OLD person (47 in November!) that is doing this.
  • LeeKeplar
    Options
    okay I did day 1 last night ladies and I thought I might die. Have to admit i had to take some breaks. expecially on the jumping jacks! anyway will try to do better tonight. my knees are kinda sore today. Not sure what that is about.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I'm in - I just bought it from amazon and it arrived right before a trip. So now I'm in for trying it out tonight after kids are asleep. I needed something to motivate me to exercise at home when I can't go out for a run or something outdoors (i.e., kids sleeping in the house).

First I need to find my 5lb weights. If I can't, I think I'll try to borrow some tonight so I can get started.

Great to have other people doing it at the same time to motivate each other!

I suggest starting at lower weights if you havn't done 30DS before. I've done it before and I'm on 3lb weights and my arms hurt anyways. :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I
    okay I did day 1 last night ladies and I thought I might die. Have to admit i had to take some breaks. expecially on the jumping jacks! anyway will try to do better tonight. my knees are kinda sore today. Not sure what that is about.

HAHA oh my. The first time I did it I could barely sit or stand up! It's worth it though, and after a few days you don't feel it as much :) I still have to take mini breaks here and there so don't fuss too much. If your knees are sore, then that's fine. as long as they aren't actually hurting, and just sore, it's not a big deal. :) You will be sore for awhile, but hey, at least you know it's working! :)
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yes, count me in! I just completed day 3, level 1 today. I've done this before, several months ago but got bored with it so I didn't complete it. My goal this time is to do a workout 5 days a week until the 30 DAYS is DONE. So, basically 2 weeks per level. I'm using 5lbs weights this time around. First time around I used 3lbs and that was plenty for a beginner. I hear alot of people complain about sore knees with this program. I'm blessed that I haven't had that problem.... yet! :)
  • LeeKeplar
    Options
    I have two pound weights and thought maybe I was being a wimp. But will keep at it tonight. after this 30 days maybe I will get some heavier weights. I think my knees are sore because of the exercising and jumping and my weight probably does not help any either. But this time I am determined to lose weight and keep at this.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have two pound weights and thought maybe I was being a wimp. But will keep at it tonight. after this 30 days maybe I will get some heavier weights. I think my knees are sore because of the exercising and jumping and my weight probably does not help any either. But this time I am determined to lose weight and keep at this.

I had knee issue throughout C25k and still do to an extent. But I have noticed that the further along that I get, the less pain there is in my knee. Also, take extra rest days to prevent injury. I started out with MWF of 30DS and did day 6 of level one last night. My knee was only hurting a little bit and feels fine this morning. This is the first time that my knee didn't hurt the next morning. Just take it slow and stay consistent!
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about using 3lb weights rather than starting with my 5lb weights. I was truly ready to try it last night, minus not being able to find my weights, but I had a kid that would not go to bed and I was finally done with all that at almost 10pm.

Then I was too wiped out since I had been on the go with kids, work, commuting since 6:30am without even 5 minutes of a break. I know, I wimped out. No excuses tonight!
  • OspreyVista
    Options

I plan on redoing 30ds with 5 lbs weights when I finish with the 3lb :) I'll be going to cali for thanksgiving, and I'm bringing ALL my workout dvd's with me because I know if I don't I will gain more than I want to! So i will redo 30DS to help keep from getting back up there. :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about using 3lb weights rather than starting with my 5lb weights. I was truly ready to try it last night, minus not being able to find my weights, but I had a kid that would not go to bed and I was finally done with all that at almost 10pm.

Then I was too wiped out since I had been on the go with kids, work, commuting since 6:30am without even 5 minutes of a break. I know, I wimped out. No excuses tonight!

Having kids makes everything tough. But your welcome, I'm sure you will be glad to stick with 3lb weights instead of the 5! lol. :)
  • jreich90
    jreich90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I JUST finished day 1!! It was hard at some parts but I made it through. I am going to try to go straight through if I can. What weights are you all using? And is there a way to track this as exercise?
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options

My wife and I started last night too. We didn't get all the way through but kept moving and will do better tonight.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I just started today. I JUST finished day 1!! It was hard at some parts but I made it through. I am going to try to go straight through if I can. What weights are you all using? And is there a way to track this as exercise?

I'm using 3 lb weights. And I shake for awhile afterwards, so they are definitely heavy enough for me! Usually when tracking a lot of people use Circuit training.
  • janiem1987
    janiem1987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I did Day 3 Level 1 today. I use 5lb weights for everything except the front lateral raises. I used 2 - 32 oz powerade bottles for this exercise becuase I didn't have any lighter weights and it was still hard! I log my exerciese as circuit training.

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's experience with 30DS and I cant wait to see our results!