Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• m3dreamer2011
    Options
    Hi all I started Day 1 yesterday and will be doing Day 2 tonight. Best of luck to everyone!!
  • anniebell83
    anniebell83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in I just did level 1 day 2 today
  • poodlegoat
    poodlegoat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in it with y'all. I'm on level one day 3. Feel free to add me for support!
  • poodlegoat
    poodlegoat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm up to Level 1 day 4 today!

My calves were killing me the last few days and I researched and seen it was maybe because I hadn't been wearing any shoes. I bought some good 'shock absorbing' shoes yesterday and it's made all the difference to my calves today :)
    . My calves are killing me too! Is it from not wearing shoes?
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    First 4 days on level 1 and I could hardly move!!!

I've just finished my first day on level 2 . . OMG!!! I can't imagine any of the planking moves getting any easier!!! Thank goodness for modified moves!!!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Level 1 completed! My baby just fell asleep so I decided to use the time. I'm feeling so good about myself right now.

Saihtnyc - way to go!! I know how difficult it can be to stay motivated at 10 or 11pm. After I put my daughter to bed I honestly usually feel like spending the rest of the evening just doing nothing. But then I tell myself: it's just 20 minutes. And as a reward, you're going to feel good about yourself (and with time, about your looks as well) all day long.
    Have a great trip!

To stay motivated, I look at before and after 30ds pics every day. They are so inspiring!
  • jreich90
    jreich90 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just completed level 1 day 2. It seemed harder for me today. Not sure why that was. Also, I do the exercise on my livingroom floor which is wood but has a rug over it. It is very hard when I am jumping or doing situps. Should I also be using a mat? Or is it ok.
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day 3, level 1 anyone feel free to add me :))
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 4 complete for me! It felt easier today. The chest flies were especially much easier to do and I'm using 5lbs weights. I find getting going to be a bit more challenge because the workout is working and my body is definitely feeling it and my mind says "be lazy for a day". But, once I get started, there's no going back and before I know it, I've got another day chalked off! :smile:

As for the person who does not wear shoes... wear them! You can actually do more damage without them because you're feet and legs are not getting the support they need. Especially during intense workouts such as this one. I know... been there, done that, did the research. LOL.

I would use a mat, even on top of carpet. I use those puzzle piece mats under my mat because I like the extra support for my back and tailbone.

Great job, everyone!! Keep it up!
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to start it next week!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to start it next week!

What's wrong with today?
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday so I'm in!!! I watched the recommendations part yesterday and I thought she said to do the workout everyday which I found unusual. Should I take off every 3rd day? 4th day? Advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!
  • LeeKeplar
    LeeKeplar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's posts on here. EVeryone is so encouraging and motivated. I skipped day 2 last night and felt bad but after reading some of the posts I am not going to be so hard on myself and do day 2 tonight. I can do this. Last time I tried it I did day 1 and never went back. So tonight I am determined to do day 2. I think I need to get some kind of a mat, also. I am doing it on hard floors with a rug and it kinda hurts my knees and back for the situps. Thanks everyone for the comments.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone attempting 30DS. I have tried it twice now and not been able to finish either time. The dvd causes an extremely sharp pain in one of my knees. I have figured this out through process of elimination and will not be attempting the workouts again.

That's weird. I've had problems with my calf before, but never my knees. :( I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    You all totally motivated me. It was 10pm and I had only found one of my weights, they were 5lb and I thought I might overdo it with them anyhow, and I was overtired and should be packing for a trip. I took out some things from the pantry, weighed them on the food scale, and ended up using Barilla pasta sauce jars. They were about 2 1/4lbs each. A tad too light for most of the exercises but I DID IT and feel like I got a pretty good workout.

Now I am more motivated to pack and feel good!

Thanks for the motivation, I think if it weren't for all of you checking in about doing Day 2, Day 1, etc. I would have just blown it off until another day.

It really helps to have other people doing it with you and help motivate you :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    To stay motivated, I look at before and after 30ds pics every day. They are so inspiring!

That's an awesome idea. I'm going to have to use that. thanks for sharing :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I just completed level 1 day 2. It seemed harder for me today. Not sure why that was. Also, I do the exercise on my livingroom floor which is wood but has a rug over it. It is very hard when I am jumping or doing situps. Should I also be using a mat? Or is it ok.

I would suggest a mat. I have rug in my house, so it doesn't bother me. But if your putting a rug down I assume it's going to slip and slide around and it sounds like you have a pretty good chance of hurting yourself. However, that's just what I would think, I wouldn't know for sure if you slip and slide around, but I can imagine it happening! :( I think a mat would stick to the floor easier, and you'd have less of a chance of hurting yourself :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I just started yesterday so I'm in!!! I watched the recommendations part yesterday and I thought she said to do the workout everyday which I found unusual. Should I take off every 3rd day? 4th day? Advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

I cannot tell you what is best. I've heard mixed reviews on it. Jillian does say to do it everyday and that is what the workout is made for. There are others that will tell you that you need to take rest days just like any other strength program. I've also heard that if you do it every single day, that you get better results than taking a day off. I don't know what's best to be honest, but Jillian does say in the video to do every single day. I'm going to do it every single day unless something requires me to take a day off, like a migraine. (so far that's happening today! ><) I tried researching it yesterday and all I got was that it said to do it every day. *shrugs* I think it also makes a difference on you, whether your body can handle it or not too. I've heard a few people have problems with their knees, I've had problems with my leg but that might be due to the fact that I broke it at 1 month old.

I know this probably didn't help much, but there are a lot of varying opinions on it. :\
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I love reading everyone's posts on here. EVeryone is so encouraging and motivated. I skipped day 2 last night and felt bad but after reading some of the posts I am not going to be so hard on myself and do day 2 tonight. I can do this. Last time I tried it I did day 1 and never went back. So tonight I am determined to do day 2. I think I need to get some kind of a mat, also. I am doing it on hard floors with a rug and it kinda hurts my knees and back for the situps. Thanks everyone for the comments.

It does get easier. I promise! :) The main issue why I've stopped before is my leg started hurting real bad the one time, and I got bored with it. You have to push through and be determined! And that's what we are all here to help you do! You can do it :D
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I cannot tell you what is best. I've heard mixed reviews on it. Jillian does say to do it everyday and that is what the workout is made for. There are others that will tell you that you need to take rest days just like any other strength program. I've also heard that if you do it every single day, that you get better results than taking a day off. I don't know what's best to be honest, but Jillian does say in the video to do every single day. I'm going to do it every single day unless something requires me to take a day off, like a migraine. (so far that's happening today! ><) I tried researching it yesterday and all I got was that it said to do it every day. *shrugs* I think it also makes a difference on you, whether your body can handle it or not too. I've heard a few people have problems with their knees, I've had problems with my leg but that might be due to the fact that I broke it at 1 month old.

I know this probably didn't help much, but there are a lot of varying opinions on it. :\

http://www.justjared.com/2012/01/06/jillian-michaels-take-a-day-off-from-the-gym/