Help me use chia seeds and nutritional yeast

Options
2»

Replies

• codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast is so good sprinkled on anything you would put butter on, especially popcorn! I put a tsp. of chia seeds on my salad, and have added them to muffins, bread, crackers (they taste like poppy seeds to me), or you can soak them overnight in juice and drink them. I don't think the nutritional value is affected by hydrating them, other than that they fill you up faster. They would absorb liquid in your stomach all the same if you ate them dry and drank water, right? $22 is a lot for both of those. Look for them in the bulk bins at your grocery store (I buy both from the bulk bins at WINCO) or your local co-op or natural food store.
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    chia seeds mixed into my cottage cheese and some fruit on it., yummy!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. lots of good ideas in here. Yes, $22 is a lot, but where I live there are no whole foods etc. Our one local health food store is very expensive, these were from The Vitamin Shop. The flakes are Kal brand and seeds are nutiva. I tried the Chia seeds in cottage cheese, but I soaked them as package said, and yuck. Maybe tomorrow I will try without soaking them. Popcorn tonight to try the yeast flakes I guess.
  • raelynngood
    Options
    Check out the wholefoodsmarket.com website, they have a tasty receipe for Chia pudding, much like tapioca pudding.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I buy this Brewer's Yeast stuff, and mix 2 Tablespoons of it with 2 Tablespoons of that sugar-free orange fiber powder (like Citricel), add water and stir/drink. I actually LIKE the flavor, it's like an orange creamsicle malt.

The yeast I buy is Twin Labs Super-rich Yeast Plus; it's more of a powder than most yeast flakes; mixes well with water. I actually really like the flavor of it mixed with Citricel, to where even when I travel, I bring enough along to have during those mornings I'm away from home.