Halloween candy....

Options
2»

Replies

• TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out yet what to do with the Halloween candy situation. It's my first Halloween in my house so I don't know what the trick or treater population will be. Last year at my old place I bought three bags of candy and had two trick or treaters. Of course, I bought the kind of candy I liked, so it was all good (or bad, depending upon how you view it...). For me, candy is a no-no for right now because I'm still having a hard time regulating it (and my blood sugar). So I'm swearing off candy for now. I hope one day to be able to control the way I eat it and enjoy a piece or two here or there. I'm not there yet... LOL
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I used to buy the giant economy box of microwave popcorn to give out to the trick or treaters. Most of them were SO excited! I also bought Halloween pencils with bats, cats, skeletons and other things on them to give out that they loved. Now that we're out in the country and don't get trick or treaters I don't buy anything until after Halloween and I don't eat it either.
  • NHLeah
    NHLeah Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought full sized bars of candy this year. Here is my thought process, we will see if this strategy works or not. If it is the bite sized candy, I will think "oh, one or two or three won't hurt" but I won't be able to stop and next thing I realize I've eaten five, six or seven that day. That would be about 400-600 calories right? But one candy bar if I have the calories to spare or the time to exercise at 250-300 calories will satisfy the urge if I choose to indulge. I guess what I am saying, a regular sized candy requires more of a commitment on my behalf, whereas, the mini ones are not. I can usually resist having a regular sized bar, but the little ones I can not especially if it comes to Reese's Peanut Butter cups.