Nipples................................& running

Options

Replies

• Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    Sorry if its not exactly the Nipply topic some were hoping, But, I was running outside today and it was a little chilly but not too bad. Apparantly my nipples thought it was colder and were rubbing on my shirt. After my run I was walking back to the gym and this lady said "Excuse me but did you know you're bleeding?" YUP, rubbed raw and bleeding, so any advice on what to do to prevent this? and NO DUCT TAPE :tongue:

I know I don't need to say this to you MFP loonies but of course feel free to ad your jokes/puns/lurid talk:wink:

I use bandaids.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I use KT Tape it has held up and stays on regardless of how long I run. Fabric types do not help and Body glide is hit or miss. Compression clothing that holds very tight to the skin will help but I never take a chance. besides Compression shirts aren't always comfortable during certain weather conditions
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    bandaids will work, unless you sweat enough that they come off. Then you may need to try waterproof protectors like Nipeaze. See www.nipeaze.com. They're more expensive than bandaids, but work better.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice and nice to know that I am not the only one who has had this happen
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My brother wears band aids :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On this nipple note, ladies........when your at the gym, and your lifting, how do you keep that damn nipples at bay????? I only have one padded sports bra to hide these but all the other ones I have don't work so well.:sad: :sad: :sad:

It's hopeless. Don't even try. :devil:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep,,, and it can get very very painful too!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    2 words to save your suffering nippies...

compression.gear.

keeps things in place, and acts like a second skin. :)
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    underarmour type shirts help a lot... look for same/similar material as compression shorts (if you don't have those, get them too!)

Keeps everything snug and chafe-free
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Chamois Glide or Body Glide. You can purchase it at sporting stores. It can be used on your nipples, thighs and even your junk. As for taking care of them right now, I would use vaseline and keep them open to air when you can. Otherwise cover them with vaseline and put a nonstick gauze with tape over them. That is the best advice I have for you.

Hope you feel better.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I think you should surgically remove your nipples! Barring that, body glide or vaseline will also do the trick, but I really think you should just remove the nipples and of course post photos!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I came in to this thread ready to tout the medicinal properties of my saliva, but since you're a dude I'll just suggest running shirtless. I don't care if it's cold.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I think you should surgically remove your nipples! Barring that, body glide or vaseline will also do the trick, but I really think you should just remove the nipples and of course post photos!

Then I'll be a Ken DOll!
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in the body glide camp for most longer or rainy runs. If it's a really long run on a particularly wet or hot/humid day, I go the bandaid route.
  • atldrew
    atldrew Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Serious:
    Try an athletic shirt that is more snug vs a cotton shirt.

Not so serious:
    Move your hear rate monitor chest strap up over your nipples.

Absurd:
    Use saran wrap like Mark Addy in The Full Monty. lol
  • kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Vasoline.
  • peachhunting
    peachhunting Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Body Glide - hint though, get the ladies version, there's more on the stick.

I also run in under armour shirts now and no longer need the glide.

P.S. Don't use lube, you'll just get yourself excited and you'll end up not leaving the house and trying to "run" all over your lady.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You mean this?

youthinkdotcom_3185100_171636.jpg

Body Glide or cheap band-aids.
  • ludgerclay
    ludgerclay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There's a company that makes Nip-Guards for this. I used to use those, or bandages, but if you sweat they will come off. Now I wear a compression shirt as a base layer and no longer chafe there. (Yup, kind of like a sports bra, I guess)
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    The store brand spot bandaids work great.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Bloody nipples are a painful rite of passage for many of us. I've tried nip-guards, Vaseline, band aids etc and none of them work for me as I tend to perspire fairly heavily and refuse to shave my chest. What I have found that works for me is wearing an under armour compression undershirt (they're also made by other companies like Adidas, Nike & Reebok) or my tri top. Smooth fabric & snug fit.