No time to work out.. any tips?

Options
13»

Replies

• meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    It sounds brutal, but it really isn't meant to be : Make a habit of making time no matter how difficult it is. Your health is one of the most important things that you have control over. Take control, girl! You can do this!

137782069820940460_VkaoMXMM_b.jpg

Get out there and sweat! :wink:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through the responses to see if anyone else has suggested this or not, but bodyrock.tv has a bunch of 12 minute workouts that will kick your *kitten* hard, and so does Zuzanna Light at www.youtube.com/ZuzkaLight

Zuzanna's workouts range anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes. They're really hard too. Good luck.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    standing crunches in the shower.

stand on your toes while washing dishes.

lunges while cooking.

march while reading or studying.

if you have stairs, dont carry all of your laundry up at once, and RUN up them.

Finding time to work out is easy.. finding excuses as to why you dont work out is easier...

It's your choice to make.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I worked full time, went to school full time, and my mother-in-law had just died so we were at my father-in-law's house after work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and all day Sunday to help him learn to care for himself. We also have two dogs and our own house to deal with. I got a recumbent bike and pedaled while I read for class. I would take the dogs for a quick walk around the neighborhood when I needed a break. I learned to combine activities.

Now our schedule is a bit calmer. We both work full-time but we're also starting a business so weekends and evenings are spend photographing, editing and business planning. Time is precious. Every other Sunday we cook a bunch of meals (soups, chili, roasts) so we have food for the week. I pack all my meals and snacks before bed. Right now I have turkey chili in the fridge for lunch, greek yogurt for breakfast and multigrain crackers and homemade cookies for snacks. When the weather is nice I take a walk during my lunch break. I've given up TV to exercise. After dinner I clean up, pack my lunch and prep my coffee and then workout. Then I check my email and take a shower. I set my clothes out for the next day so all I have to do it put them on. By the time I'm ready for bed I'm completely ready for the next day as well. It saves a lot of time that would be spent scrambling. If I didn't despise mornings it would save me enough time to get up a little earlier and fit in a good workout.