Drinking More Water - How?

Options
Just wondering how you get more water into your daily routines? I do well on some days, but most of the time I know I am lacking on my water intake.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• kimmycool2003
    kimmycool2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try some water flavors - i love the lipton tea stuff and that seems to help me - :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Are you thirsty, headaches, cramping? If not you're probably getting more than enough water for your system. The whole 8 glasses a day, half your body weight etc are just myths.
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    I just posted this a couple of minutes ago!

My tip for the day is if you do not like drinking plain water....sprinkle a bit of Sour Salt into your glass. This will give you a lemony taste without the calories. You can even add a touch of your favorite sweetener for a yummy low calorie lemonade! Just remember......a little goes a LONG way!

Really....the stuff makes water so much more enjoyable! Also....it's really not salt.....so don't let the name fool you. :wink:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job, so it helps if I keep my water bottle opened on my desk (being careful not to spill it). If I keep it open, I tend to reach for it more. I've also added lemon slices to it :) to give it flavor.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of water in between each meal and drink water instead of other liquids with meals.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try an ice cold glass of water upon waking up... for me it makes me crave more water and I rarely drink a 2nd cup of coffee when I start with water.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i keep a plastic cup with a straw (walmart has them) everywhere...work, home, car, they always remind me to go fill up!
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use a Tervis Tumbler all day, every day. I bring a huge jug of water to work with me (I'm particular about my water, whatever, hah) and fill up my glass a loooooot. I had a hard time drinking water from a water bottle (ok, I'm a bit weird, haha) so I brought in a regular glass. I drink as much as I feel I need to and don't go off of the whole "eight glasses a day" nonsense.

Seems to work for me!
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It takes less than 30 seconds to down a bottle of water :drinker:

-That's how I do it....chug away!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I keep a water bottle at my desk that holds 2.25 cups of water. When I have to pee, I drink everything that's in the bottle (even if it's full) so that I can take it with me and refill it from the tap. It's a cycle that always gets me to at least 9 cups before I leave work.

Once I noticed the benefits (losing more and feeling/looking better) it became less of a struggle and now it's just a habit. Except for tea (or coffee when I forget to bring tea--ick) I don't drink anything except water now.
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    At wal mart they have a jug that fits exactly 8 cups of water in it and its only a few dollars..... Get that, mark lines on the side of it as 'goals' of how much to drink by certain time in the day. :):smile: good luck to ya!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Try getting a container like 32 oz and fill it twice to get atleast the 8 glasses recommended, and more if you workout

Goodluck
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how you get more water into your daily routines? I do well on some days, but most of the time I know I am lacking on my water intake.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I drink plain water and flavors, there are some zero calorie flavors, some 5 cal flavors, lemon lime, Himalayan crystal salt for well balanced and unpolluted electrolytes. I tend to guzzle mine down 20 oz at a time. I hate sipping it. But I LOVE plain water when working out at the gym. I find if I start out the day with 20 oz I tend to sort of crave the feeling of being hydrated. It wards off headaches and makes me feel better.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I set "appointments" on my work computer to remind me to drink water, when one pops up I have to finish my glass.
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I juice half a lime, in 16 oz of water, and add Stevia, to sweeten to taste... 5 calories, just add ice and shake to blend...

Enjoy...
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just had this conversation with one of my roommates yesterday!

Basically, I keep a 24 oz water bottle at work and one at home. I fill the work bottle first thing in the morning, and I make sure I finish it before I eat lunch. If I'm hungry and ready to eat lunch, but I haven't finished it yet, I finish it really quick before I eat - this has added benefits of making you less hungry. Then I drink another one with lunch/early afternoon. I have another one with my workout after work, and then another one with dinner, so that's at least 4x24oz bottles a day. Easy :)
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I carry a gallon of water w me to work in the am and make it a goal to be done by the time I clock out!! It actually really helps w staying full!! When I drink I drink straight from the gallon and count out my age in my head, lol =)

DO IT:drinker:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I use Crystal Light. It helps me immensely!!!!! :)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I bring a water bottle with me to work every day and fill it up with 16-24oz two or three times each day... my motivation for drinking it all? I hate when it gets warm! Warm water to me is like warm beer, yuck.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 ounce water bottle that I keep at work. I aim for one bottle between breakfast and lunch, then one more by 3pm and another before I go home. I also try to get another one at home in the evenings but that one Im not as strict on.

One of my downfalls is water on the weekends so I bought the exact same bottle for home. That way there is no "I wonder how many ounces this cup is?" bs.

I drink my water room temp and sometimes with Crystal Light Peach Tea or with Mio. Yes, I still count those as water.