The nerve of some people

Options
124»

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean it was unkind of her to offer or that she was rotten for offering.

I just thought it very ironic that she'd take me to the gym then try to push pizza even after I kindly refused several times.

Thanks for the laughs and thanks to the posters for the idea of passing it along. I thanked her for the offer and asked what she'd like done with the leftovers....worked like a charm!

she just started another thread complaining how some snot at work didnt accept her whole wheat veggie low cal paleo pizza slice..... nice going!:wink:
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    You said she is a "co-worker" and not a "friend" because that's not the action of a true friend. Perhaps she was just thoughtless and innocently offered the pizza (benefit of the doubt?) Perhaps she's just evil. You be the judge.

Friends don't offer their friends food? Hmm, I'm hanging with a bunch of pricks then.

Do you understand the concept of "IN CONTEXT"? My friend would not tempt me with pizza when I specifically stated that I already had my lunch, especially if my friend is aware that I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle and we just joined the gym together. BTW I have nothing against pizza, on my most successful days I've eaten pizza and still lost weight.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I went to join a health club on my lunch hour with a co-worker. Got a tour, signed up, and promised to let them take my money on a monthly basis.

On the way back she stopped at the pizza place and picked up one of those pizzas made and waiting for you. When we walked back in I immediately went to the fridge and put my pre-portioned meal in the microwave. She said "Really?!" I just smiled

Then I take my meal, go to my office and there are plates, napkins and ta still half full pizza box on my desk. It's still sitting there, i haven't touched it. Why is it so important to her that I make a bad choice?

To justify her poor decision making and inadequate self control...
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You said she is a "co-worker" and not a "friend" because that's not the action of a true friend. Perhaps she was just thoughtless and innocently offered the pizza (benefit of the doubt?) Perhaps she's just evil. You be the judge.

Friends don't offer their friends food? Hmm, I'm hanging with a bunch of pricks then.

Do you understand the concept of "IN CONTEXT"? My friend would not tempt me with pizza when I specifically stated that I already had my lunch, especially if my friend is aware that I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle and we just joined the gym together.

Personally, I think that makes huge assumptions. I don't look at what people have in front of them, normally, and say, "They probably don't have the calories for that." I would let someone else make that decision. Decision=/= temptation necessarily. What if they have a HUGE workout planned later? What if they stagger calories and this is a higher day for them? What if their alottment is different than mine? What if they have a quick metabolism? I don't know.

I'd actually be kind of pissed if people started making decisions for me like that. "Oh, I can't offer Amanda this. I know she's trying to be healthy and this doesn't appear to be a good choice for her."

Screw that.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Honestly you come off like the rude one.

She was probably trying to be kind.

You needn't assume she was trying to sabotage you or even that she was looking for a partner in crime. Instead you can take it for what it was MEANT to be... a gift.

And I'd bet anything she's at her desk now thinking what a rude person you are for refusing the gift she offered (not saying you should have ATE the pizza, but it wouldn't have killed you to say; Thank you but right now I'm trying to eat healthy).
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Giving is never a bad thing....unless it's the middle finger salute. :laugh:

So, thank her for the offer, but reiterate to her how you'd love her help in sticking with your diet. :)
  • ScumbagSteve
    ScumbagSteve Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    WHY DON'T YOU STOP BEING SO UNGRATEFUL AND THANK HER FOR THE PIZZA.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Did she mistakenly assume that you were having lunch together as well as going to the gym together?

This. Maybe she assumed you guys were sharing and had no intention of eating the whole thing. Put it in the fridge with a not saying it's up for grabs or ask your friend if sh'd like to share it with someone else.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    you obviously have no choice but to take a slice, walk up to her and smack her across the face with it. then jam it down her throat, yelling "YOU WANT MORE PIZZA! HERE'S YOUR ******* PIZZA, *kitten*!"

or... i guess.. you can take the box out to her, thank her for the offer, and see if she wants to take the remainder home. but what's the fun in that?

haha! that made me laugh out loud...and im at work! i love that kind of humor!

I did the same... It's like the shows where they "daydream" about what they'd LIKE to do and then reality pops back in and it's a total opposite reaction to the daydrempt one. Love finding humor and fun in our journey!