Would you date an overweight person? Are you?

Options
13»

Replies

• Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I would yeah. Wouldnt bother me at all
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Overweight does not equal unhealthy, so let's dispell that myth right there. A person of "normal" weight can be completely unhealthy and a person with 20 extra pounds can be perectly healthy. There was even a recent study that showed when you control for biometric #s (cholesterol, glucose, etc.) and exercise, folks with a few extra pounds had a lower morbidity rate than those in the "normal" BMI range. So go chew on that one.

I'm overweight. So's my bf. It's not a big deal to me. We both eat well and exercise and make decent choices the majority of the time. We find each other sexy and so on.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My fiance has a bit of a belly going, but he also has trouble eating certain foods. They mess him up internally, so it's really hard for him to eat well. He also has a messed up back and a bad hip, so working out is a bit difficult too. That said, he's not obese, just a bit overweight. He has a handsome face. Think of a slightly chubby John Lennon and you have his face. I was drawn to his face and hairstyle at the time when I first came across his dating profile almost four years ago. This weightloss and toning journey is my own. I'm doing it for my own benefit, not his.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    What's considered overweight? Do you mean a little on the heavy side, or straight out obese?

My boyfriend is "overweight"... he's self-conscious about it, I think he's super cute...

Overweight or obese, either one, lol

In that case, I would say I wouldn't date someone who might end up on TLC's "Half-Ton ...." - partially due to not being physically attracted to them, but also due to fear for their health and the future of the potential relationship.

Overweight? Not an issue... I find a little chubby is more appealing than skinny :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on who you meet and find attractive. I've always gone for tall men who are usually slim, because that's just the type I'm attracted to. I've also always gone for blonde men. My husband is blonde haired, blue eyed, 6 foot and normal weight - not skinny, not fat. I was slim when I met him - BMI of 22 - and he's always been attracted to me, even when I put on weight, and through 2 pregnancies. Now I am about 10lbs off the size I was when we met in 2003!

Someone can be technically overweight and not look it anyway. Personally I don't like men with too many muscles.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have dated some beautiful overweight women but I married a tiny little women for no reason other then I fell in love with her. In other words I just as easily could have fallen for a heavier women if I met the right one...

I'm heavy but not for much longer ;)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've realized that it's really important to me to be a healthy weight and active, as healthy and fit as I can reasonably be. And I would need my SO to be the same. However, I have no issues if they're still overweight, so long as I'm convinced that they're on the same track as I am, to never be overweight again.
  • CymruBiology
    Options
    No. I'm not attracted to overweight people in any way.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I was 125 when I married my husband, and he was only 15lbs heavier (he's an inch shorter than I am, but before that, I have always dated taller guys)

I dated a guy who was heavier than I was once, but it just didn't work. It wasn't until I was 30 that I started pushing over 130 outside of being pregnant.

A tall + overweight guy = more than twice my weight. It just doesn't work in the bed, it's not comfortable. Has nothing to do with being shallow.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I've always been attracted to a big guy,..6ft +,...200lb+,...ironic that my Hubby is 5'6,and fit!..lol..luv'em to pieces!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My wife was heavier than I was when we first met. I NEVER EVER judge anyone by weight. It is WHO they are that matters.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    This makes me smile... Ive always wanted to express my feelings on weight issues and dating.... Im overweight but very active.. im a competitive cheer coach...(with skinny girls constantly). I guess when I think of dating someone.. im far from perfect so i dont seek perfection from anyone.. A taller larger man is more my style because it balances me out.... Of course I am not attractied to slobs... If you try and ya happy and ya make ya partner happy in all aspects.... thts all tht matters.... World is made of all different shapes and sizes... be happy.... I am :)