eating junk food and still losing?

Options
124»

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It worked for me for a little while, now Im stuck.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    a friend of ours did that way. He cut down his caloric intake to 1500/ day and did some walking everyday. He lost 30 pounds.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    If you eat unclean foods it will stop weightloss immediately, 100% clean eating is the way to go

really, look this person is clearly uninformed and makes grandiose ignorant statements. He considers fake butter totally healthy and can be found extremely rude on certain posts.

Would you say that your post is a delightful ray of sunshine?

Just fitting in. after all it is all about "if you are like me I will like you", so I am now going to act like you, it really is because i so care what you think about me.

Seriously can't let it go?

just calling out the BULLY. why, are you going to bully me some more?
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    oh god...

just look at my diary...

Its not healthy though and I havent lost in a while... havent gained at all but havent lost
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I definitely have treats, in moderation. I see nothing wrong with that. I need a routine that I can MAINTAIN for life. I just eat less ofit.
  • caseyjade88
    caseyjade88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If I want it, I'll eat it. lol life is too short to deprive yourself. I just eat it with limitation, even if pigging out on it would keep me in my calorie limits.
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think you can eat anything in moderation. As long as you stay within your calorie goal and don't eat junk every meal of everyday then I don't see a problem with a little junk. I defiantly wouldn't deny myself if it's something I really wanted.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    anybody is like eating junk food but in their daily calories and still losing weight?is it possible?

I eat "a little bit" of junk food almost daily.

Ditto-- I try to make healthy choices but I also want to enjoy eating, and for me that means a little bit of junk.
  • omanitshann
    Options
    During the summer I had ice cream practically everyday and I was fine.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I manage to work in either wine, Cadbury eggs, or Fun Dip nearly every day.

And I love it.

No ill effects here!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have treats every day.
    But I do need veggies and protein and those kinds of foods to really satisfy my body.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    During the summer I had ice cream practically everyday and I was fine.

ice cream should never be called junk
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting my treats down to 10% of my intake. Right now I'm eating mostly healthy, but with more treats than I'd ideally like.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Foe 3 months I gave up all fast food then I started seeing my MFP friends eating FF and still losing so now about once a week I'll treat myself but I stay under my goals daily . You just have to make healthier choices.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I manage to work in either wine, Cadbury eggs, or Fun Dip nearly every day.

And I love it.

No ill effects here!

I heart Fun Dip. I found it in the Halloween candy aisle the other day and did a happy dance. Of course, I bought a box :)
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes it's possible,,,,,,I lost 100 lbs in 10 months and a half and I have a splurge day,,,,,,it's the same day of the week every week. For the first 5 months it was an all day splurge now it's mostly a meal.....and I might throw a soda and or a candy bar in there but even on my splurge day now I always stay in my calorie goal.....my splurges range from fast foods, fried foods, sweets, and sodas! So it is possible most certainly if you do it in moderation!
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drink hard cider everyday. I feel like that is junk food.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    God, I love junk food. I just eat it in moderation, now. Like, for instance, I work at McDonald's. Every time I work I get either a McMuffin or a grilled chicken club. I've lost 18 pounds three months!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I have been able to indulge lightly here and there-- maybe a small candy bar instead of a big one.. or a bite of someone else's cake instead of getting a slice of my own! However you can control \ maintain portions and still end with a smile and no guilt is how you should proceed :) Its different for every person- find YOUR happy medium using others advice and ideas! Cheers to you : )

totally agree :)

I haven't eaten much junk food at all, but you can as long as you control yourself. for example, last week I had a small popcorn at the movies but only ate half because I wanted to stay under my calorie goal. I also had pizza with my sister the same evening but only a good portion - again under your cal goal.

sometimes I would have an oatmeal cookie or two, or a slice of cake on someone's birthday, which is good cause now after changing my habits i can stop at 2 cookies or one piece.

daily I have one nut bar i.e cereal bar made of nuts. there are some really nice low sugar healthy fat ones from 110-187 cals, the higher ones having a yogurt or chocolate base. this is a healthy option that I love!

also I have a sugar free hot chocolate (1tbsp coco + 2-3 splenda) with milk, sometimes 2 a day as it tastes better than "box brand sugar + cocoa + filler hot chocolate" and has about 80% less calories, only 1g of fat and only the sugar from the milk. 30cal including skim milk per cup.

that way I feel like I'm not denying myself the things I like, but not eating a pack of cookie dough or a block of chocolate.