Too Tired To Exercise Most Days.

Options

Replies

• LeslieC1970
    Options
    I have had the same issue. The only way I can get it done is to go to the gym at lunch or before I come home.
    After a few weeks you will feel like you have more energy.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

I Want To Exercise, I Really Do

no you don't

+1
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That's exactly like saying "I'm too tired to have more energy."

You have options.
    1) Get up earlier, exercise before work. I get up at 4:30 AM to have time to exercise.
    2) Take a long lunch break at work and exercise. Leave work later to make up for it.
    3) Go straight to the gym from work. It will be hard at first, but once you've formed the habit, it won't be hard anymore.
    4) Just power through the lethargy when you get home and exercise anyway. Take the dog for a walk.

Whatever it takes. No excuses. Just do it.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You are making excuses

I work 2 jobs, go to school full time, have an internship and STILL WORK OUT 4 days a week.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Do it in the MORNING.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I Want To Exercise, I Really Do, But I Am Almost ALWAYS Too Tired After Work To Bother. :frown: (Maybe I'm Lazy, But I Swear I'm Tired). I Don't Know How To Get An Energy Boost To Try And Hit The Gym For An Hour A Day... I Get Home And All I Want To Do Is Lay Down And Rest. :yawn: Then That Turns Into Watching TV And Not Bothering To Get Up Anymore. :grumble: I Start Work At 6am And Am Home By 3pm So I Have The Whole Afternoon To Exercise... I Just Can't.

Any Suggestions, Ideas Or Energy Foods/Drinks I Can Try To Get The Ball Rolling? :embarassed:

Any Help Is Appreciated.

Pack your gym clothes in a gym bag and carry it with you to work. Go STRAIGHT after work no matter how tired you are. I get up at 4 to workout at 5 evryday. I almost NEVER want to do it until after I have actually started the workout. I let my inner goddess (who knows one day I will be HOT) yell, scream, and call me mean names in my head to get me there. It works for me as a motivation to shut her up because days I give in to the tired ego on the other side of the brain, she is RELENTLESS on the guilt for me not going....
    Thank You! :glasses:
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I understand 100%. i work at 6:30 am, and after work, even without mommy responsibilities or wifey responsibilities, I AM TOO TIRED TO WORK OUT!!! I actually worked out yesterday after work (1st time in ages!) and it was hard to motivate myself to do it...... So I get up and do it before work.

Yes 4 am comes early every morning, but the weird thing about working out is do it daily for a week, and it is incredible how much energy working out gives you!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You are making excuses

I work 2 jobs, go to school full time, have an internship and STILL WORK OUT 4 days a week.

^^This, I work two jobs too and have a busy family. That's why I go in the AM.

Where there is a will, theer is a way! So find your will and get the road blocks out of the way.
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    no you don't
    If I Didn't Why Would I Be Here Asking For My Pals To Help Me With Suggestions? I Don't See How You Answered Anything. Please Make Yourself Useful And Go Away. Thanks.

When the student is ready, the master appears.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Does that not take a lot more effort to make every word have a capital letter? Put this effort towards exercising instead.

^ This
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough sleep. 7 hours is optimum for an adult. (I'd rather sleep 9, but kids and real life just won't let that happen).
    Once you start getting exercise, you will gain energy. You will crave exercise. The biggest mistake people make is to treat working out like 'work'. It should be enjoyable. Fun. Addictive. Find something you enjoy and you won't want to miss a day.

Good luck!
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    At the risk of making you mad, you could exercise when you get home from work if you really wanted too. What if you couldn't draw your paycheck if you didn't exercise so many minutes 5 days a week. My bet is that you would find a way to excercise!!!

Force yourself to develop this new habit, and a new energy will come from someplace inside you and cause you to begin to eventually look forward to this time of day even.

The choice is Just Do It! as Nike says, or be lazy and don't bother. I have found that I love to do my exercising at the beginning of my day instead of the end, and then I feel better all day long. GL to you, whatever you decide to do about it, or not do. The choice is yours alone.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

no you don't

If I Didn't Why Would I Be Here Asking For My Pals To Help Me With Suggestions? I Don't See How You Answered Anything. Please Make Yourself Useful And Go Away. Thanks.

Because you don't really want it. If you did you would find a way......You want to find a way to make it work with as little effort as possible. It's not a negative really......Just a realization.....Don't stress it too much......When you really want it you will find a way.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I work 12+ hour shifts and I was convinced I just didn't have time or energy to really work out. But, I knew I needed to do it for my health. So, I started with just walking. I would get on the treadmill while I watched tv. Then I started hiking again on weekends or days off during the week. Pretty soon I was feeling more energetic and started a weight training program. Now, I'm busting with energy and work out pretty much every day. Truly, there were days I would be on the treadmill with my eyes closed and hanging on at the beginning. My bf would be going to bed and I would still be on the treadmill! My advice is to just do it, make it a priority. You don't need to do a knock down drag out workout every day, but you do need to move your body.
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    I totally relate. I don't work full time I stay at home with my son and I've been doing Zumba dvd's at home for months. I really feel that once you push yourself you start to depend on it for energy and to feel purified. But I've been struggling the past few weeks- I'm bored of the dvd's and doing them alone while my son runs underfoot trying to get me to play with him lol. Recently my son has grown totally sick of it (he is 3) where as in the beginning he "worked out" with me. So now I've been slacking with my DVDs and trying to find other ways to get a work out in but it doesn't feel like working out it just feels like cleaning, walking in the grocery store, etc. my fiancé and I are buying a house and moving to my mother's until we seal the deal to save $ and get the f out of the city. I can't wait to have the option to take a stroll outside or have my family watch my son while I hit the gym.
    Bottom line JUST DO IT you'll feel better find things you like find things that don't hurt your bones find variety and find a friend to do it with you!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options

no you don't

Those were the best replies that you got.

You get out of work at 3pm. You haven't said that you can't afford a gym or don't have access to one, you haven't said that you have a medical condition preventing you, you haven't said because you have to go home to take care of children or an elderly relative, you haven't said because it's dangerous to go outside where you live. People with better excuses than yours are getting it done.

Your only excuse is your to tired. People here aren't going to give you a lot of sympathy on that one. We can't reach out and slap you so the only thing we can motivate you with is words.

You asked to be motivated. What response did you expect?
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

no you don't

No need to be defensive.
    Not everyone will sugar coat it.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just start by doing something small regularly - maybe it's walking for 30 minutes.
    When I needed to change I started by taking bike rides... everyone is different.

Also if you wait till you feel like doing it, it may or may not happen.

I think you have to feel the reason enough that you have the willpower.

If a doctor told you that if you did not exercise you would lose years on your life, then you might be persuaded. I am not trying to be negative with that statement, just saying the willpower is something that I would bet is somewhere within you.

Good luck!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

no you don't

Captain Apollo doesn't mince words... and he has a hell of a lot of great advice. It stings to read what he says, but if he went away, a LOT of us would suffer.

Just Sayin.
  • cinda3574
    Options
    I have days like that when I work frieght, it is exhausting. When I get home I take a power nap, 30 minutes only, then get up and work out. I also eat a bit more on frieght days. I have noticed if I dont eat 'just the right amount' I tend to crash so hard I find it difficult to do anything. baby carrots have been my fuel on frieght days, they are my energy snack. I know I need to do this to achieve my goals. Keep at it and dont let the mental games win, start and keep going, you will feel better after even if you dont want to do it....trust me, the same battle every day.