What's for dinner?

Options
Shua89
Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
I'm looking for new ideas for dinners under 400 calories. What are you having this evening?

Shua

Replies

• CymruBiology
    Options
    Tesco - Salad Crisp Sweet & Crunchy Salad, 57 g
    John West - Tuna Chunks In Brine (Drained) 130g, 65 g
    Know - All Purpose Seasoning, 2 g
    Chobani Greek Yogurt - 0% Plain 16 oz, 1 container (16 oz ea.)
    Tesco Value - Sliced Brown Bread Medium, 2 slice
    St Darfour - Strawberry Spread, 2 tsp

All together: 560, if you had half of the yoghurt it would of brought you to around 400.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    My dinner from last night:

Generic - Country Style Boneless Pork Ribs, 4 oz 140 calories
    Kc Masterpiece - Original Bbq Sauce, 2 tbsp 60 calories
    Great Value - Cut Green Beans - No Salt Added, 1 1/2 cup 60 calories
    Great Value - Worchestershire Sauce, 3 tsp (5mL) 0 calories
    Lakeland - Hamburger Buns, 2 Bun 200 calories
    Total: 460 calories

I cooked the boneless ribs in the crock with some water, mustard, onion and a little brown sugar all day while working and shredded it when I got home. Added the BBQ sauce and worchestershire to the meat and served on buns. You can lower the calories by eating it plain or finding a low cal bun or bread to use. Green beans were on the side of course. This was amazingly yummy and something new, cooking wise, for me to make.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Salmon. Lots of it. 12oz!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    1 lb burger w/ cheese
    Broccoli

What's this 400 calories you speak of? That's like 2 bites.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    White bean chicken chili. Calories for 1 2/3 cup 354 carbs 49 fat 3 protein 33 sodium 456

I used dried great northern and navy beans.
  • Chel_c87
    Options
    Turkey Burgers...
    1 lb ground turkey
    1 packet onion soup mix (dry)
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    Combine all ingredients, form into 4 patties. Grill on high heat for 5-10 min. each side.

This recipe is about 200 calories per patty.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I have chicken marinating in teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice waiting in the fridge at home. I'll eat it with some rice and broccoli. It may end up a little over 400 depending on how much chicken I eat, but a serving of rice is 150 and the teriyaki doesn't add much (although the sodium is high). Our go-to meal is salmon burgers from Sam's Club with rice and veggies.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    don't know how to do a screen shot, sorry. But here's what I'm planning. The London Broil is currently marinating in worcestershire, vinegar, chicken broth (didn't have any beef), garlic, and soy sauce. It will be grilled and served with steamed broccoli, guacalmole, and fresh strawberries and raspberries.

Beef - Round, top, lean only, prime, raw (London Broil, Minute Steak, Round Steak), 4 oz cals: 173

Broccoli - Raw, 100 g cals: 34

LL homemade guacamole, 1 serving(s) cals: 84

Raspberries - Raw, 10 raspberries cals: 10

Strawberries - Raw, 3 medium (1-1/4" dia) cals: 12

TOTAL CALORIES: 313
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    As of right now, probably some chicken, roasted butternut squash, & rice. Totals to about 353 calories. But that's just what I'm thinking. I'll probably add some stuff to get my cal intake a little higher. Either that or have more wine. :drinker:
  • Shua89
    Options
    1 lb burger w/ cheese
    Broccoli

What's this 400 calories you speak of? That's like 2 bites.

LOL!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    boneless skinless chicken breast and bbq sauce
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I had grilled chicken breast with steamed cauliflower rice, onions & zucchini. Around 200 calories.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    1st course: 5 year old aged gouda from Holland with some water crackers and a Dogfish Head 120 minute
    2nd course: A seafood chili made from tuna from a local seafood place that's phenomenal with a Category 4 IPA from Due South brewery.
    3rd course: A baby greens salad with diced green pepper, tomato, and some alfalfa sprouts with a homemade balsamic vinaigarette with Rodenbach Grand Cru.
    4th course: Seared scallops with a white wine reduction sauce, lemon risotto, and roasted green beans with a glass of sauvingon blanc.
    5th course: We don't know yet. We haven't gotten that far. :smile:

It's our anniversary and I haven't eaten all day in anticipation. :drinker:
  • Shua89
    Options
    1st course: 5 year old aged gouda from Holland with some water crackers and a Dogfish Head 120 minute
    2nd course: A seafood chili made from tuna from a local seafood place that's phenomenal with a Category 4 IPA from Due South brewery.
    3rd course: A baby greens salad with diced green pepper, tomato, and some alfalfa sprouts with a homemade balsamic vinaigarette with Rodenbach Grand Cru.
    4th course: Seared scallops with a white wine reduction sauce, lemon risotto, and roasted green beans with a glass of sauvingon blanc.
    5th course: We don't know yet. We haven't gotten that far. :smile:

It's our anniversary and I haven't eaten all day in anticipation. :drinker:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Enjoy your anniversary dinner.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Enjoy your anniversary dinner.

Thanks!
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    4oz baked lemon salmon
    steamed aspargus
    baked half yam
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There are a few places that have food that specialize in this sort of thing like
    Muscle Maker Grill (their caesar salad with grilled chicken is about 250 calories)
    Eva's (NYC) - I don't know on calories but the steamed chicked and veggies with brown rice ("Victory Plate") is a personal favorite
    Pump
    Energy Kitchen -- they have grilled salmon and you can get healthy sides with it -
    Fuel

These are all in nyc though there may be some chains of other places above...

For me tonight it's Mexican and I have some calories to spare so I am going to enjoy them!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs 326 calories
    Curried Roasted Cauliflower 50 calories

Coconut Mango Sticky Rice for dessert 400 calories (but sooo good)

:laugh:
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    turkey taco soup and a fresh pear!
  • CandyMushroom
    Options
    Grilled fish tacos, 2 cups of baby spinach and 1 cup of broccoli. MFP sums it as 383 calories.